Man Wants to Eat Children

What in the world is going on in our civilization that produces people like this? Is it the slow but steady isolation creeping into our world through technology or is it we just happen to hear about more weirdos?

Man who plotted to kill and eat children gets more than 26 years - CNN.com

What's the big deal?

Its not as though they're FETUSES!!

=============
=============

Seriously, he doesn't look THAT bad. I mean, you'd hire him to do your yard work or bag your groceries.

Why do they always have to look so damn normal?

Below average yes. But, relatively normal.

I once read a book about the Donner Party, who were stuck in the mountain pass for the winter and had to resort to eating their dead to survive. Except, apparently some of them weren't waiting for people to die, they were killing them. And once they were rescued, there were some who still craved human flesh.

I'd eat it if I had to in order to survive. There was that rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes, I think it was 1972. They had to consume the flesh of those who died in order to survive. A couple of them finally walked out and got help, they were up in those mountains a few weeks before being rescued. It turned out that the only ones who survived were the ones who had consumed the human flesh.

Yeah, I'd eat it. But I sure hope I don't ever have to!

Alive (1993) - IMDb

There was a book written on it; these guys were actually quite exceptional and very spiritual in their approach.

There were passengers who died rather than consume flesh, and they were treated with care and dignity.

Juxtapose the two, the Uraguyan rugby team (Catholics and at least one was headed for seminary I think) or the Donner party (headed up by dishonest/arrogant scam artists of apparently no faith whatever)...I know who I'd rather be stranded with.

A couple of the strongest of the donner party were literally hunting down people...nasty.

That kind don't stop so 26 years isn't long enough. Just take the fat bastard out back and end his miserable life.

What in the world is going on in our civilization that produces people like this? Is it the slow but steady isolation creeping into our world through technology or is it we just happen to hear about more weirdos?

I think because of the pervasiveness of world wide media, we just hear about it more....and that there are so many more people. World wide population is increasing by the millions every year; therefore, with so many more people, there are also that many more sick people like this guy.

I think because of the pervasiveness of world wide media, we just hear about it more....and that there are so many more people. World wide population is increasing by the millions every year; therefore, with so many more people, there are also that many more sick people like this guy.

What are these people looking at that gets this stuff in their mind though? You have to actively seek out this type of lifestyle in order to develop an attraction to the thought. I mean how many people wake up and say "i would like to eat a kid today"?

What are these people looking at that gets this stuff in their mind though? You have to actively seek out this type of lifestyle in order to develop an attraction to the thought. I mean how many people wake up and say "i would like to eat a kid today"?
I think there have always been people like this. It is mental illness. Mental illness manifests itself in myriad ways. Modern medical science doesn't understand most of it, where it comes from and why, for example.

I think there have always been people like this. It is mental illness. Mental illness manifests itself in myriad ways. Modern medical science doesn't understand most of it, where it comes from and why, for example.

Do you think its a genetic flaw that causes the mental illness or external forces that cause it?

Do you think its a genetic flaw that causes the mental illness or external forces that cause it?

Combination. I think someone can be a sociopath biologically, but a good upbringing can allow them to at least simulate empathy.

Look at your serial killers, its usually a combo of something off with them to start AND a crappy wierd childhood.

Forum List

Back