Massive gun ban and warrantless search bill introduced in Oregon

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The radicals have been busy writing bills. Of course, they intend to do exactly what they promise not to do. Can't trust a damn one of them.

Massive gun ban and warrantless search bill introduced in Oregon

HB 3200 not only bans most modern guns and magazines, it allows warrantless searches of your home, requires background checks and registration for a firearm you already own and as-of-yet undefined storage requirements. We say “a firearm” because even if you comply with the restrictions in this bill you may still only own one.
Of course the bill does not apply to “government employees”.)

Massive Gun Ban Introduced - Oregon Firearms Federation

I swear, I have been joking with the wife about getting "Molon Labe" in Greek tattooed on my forearm.

These assholes continue this shit and I will.

We keep hearing that the liberals don't want to take our guns away, then we see increasingly oppressive bills being written that seek to do just that.

This bill would trample two rights big time. Government can do illegal searches and can limit the type of guns we have and even tell us we can only have one. They are seeking to determine what we need or not.

They'll be searching our homes anyway to make sure we have curly lightbulbs, low flow toilets and crappy appliances. Might as well confiscate the guns and any fatty foods in the frig while they're here.

Anyone else remember those pro-America ads that ran during Bushes years? One showed a guy in a library asking for a certain book. The librarian pushed a button under the counter as she told the guy that the book he wanted hadn't been available for some time. Then some agents walked in to take the guy away.

Another ad had people hiding in a basement holding a church service. When it was over, they carefully exited, looking around to see if anyone saw them.

At the end of the ads, a voiceover asked, "Aren't you glad you live in America?"

I always felt sorry for the people who lived under such horrible conditions without knowing freedom and liberty. I realize now that I took it for granted that we'd never have to face such oppression under a dictator.

Now the evil regime is on our doorstep and too many sheeple are willing to let it in. If anyone can go along with policies that trample our rights, there is no more discussing things with them, as they are too far gone.

We keep hearing that the liberals don't want to take our guns away, then we see increasingly oppressive bills being written that seek to do just that.

This bill would trample two rights big time. Government can do illegal searches and can limit the type of guns we have and even tell us we can only have one. They are seeking to determine what we need or not.

They'll be searching our homes anyway to make sure we have curly lightbulbs, low flow toilets and crappy appliances. Might as well confiscate the guns and any fatty foods in the frig while they're here.

Anyone else remember those pro-America ads that ran during Bushes years? One showed a guy in a library asking for a certain book. The librarian pushed a button under the counter as she told the guy that the book he wanted hadn't been available for some time. Then some agents walked in to take the guy away.

Another ad had people hiding in a basement holding a church service. When it was over, they carefully exited, looking around to see if anyone saw them.

At the end of the ads, a voiceover asked, "Aren't you glad you live in America?"

I always felt sorry for the people who lived under such horrible conditions without knowing freedom and liberty. I realize now that I took it for granted that we'd never have to face such oppression under a dictator.

Now the evil regime is on our doorstep and too many sheeple are willing to let it in. If anyone can go along with policies that trample our rights, there is no more discussing things with them, as they are too far gone.

That's terrible. Name some of those bills so I can read them too. Got any links?

That's terrible. Name some of those bills so I can read them too. Got any links?
I like your avi, I didn't know that your common sense died, I just thought you never had any. IDIOT!!!!

Thank you, Lakhota. OK, gun nuts, you posted your silliness, answer the real House Bill 3200.

SUMMARY
The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject
to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor’s brief statement of the essential features of the
measure as introduced.
Creates crime of unlawful possession or transfer of assault weapon or large capacity magazine.
Punishes by maximum penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both.
Requires current owners to dispose of or register assault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Directs Department of State Police to conduct background checks and maintain registry of as-
sault weapons and large capacity magazines.
Declares emergency, effective on passage.

Declares emergency effective upon passage?

That sounds ominous.

Hello police state. I think Chicago will go first, though.

And those black thugs in the ghettos might put up a fight.

Ok..

It is an ugly, scary looking gun ban...

Can't hold more than 10 rounds in the mag.

If you already own one of these ugly and scary guns or inherit one, you have 120 days to turn it in.

and here is the best part...

SECTION 6. This 2013 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public
peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2013 Act takes effect
on its passage.

Horse shit.

I have a real nice place up in Oregon, it may be going up for sale soon. It should turn a healthy profit if they don't tax me to death.

SECTION 4. (1) Any person seeking to register an assault weapon or large capacity
magazine shall do so as provided in this section within 120 days after the effective date of
this 2013 Act.
(2) In order to register an assault weapon under this section, a person must:
(a) Be the lawful owner of the assault weapon prior to the effective date of this 2013 Act;
and
(b) Submit to a criminal background check conducted by the Department of State Police
to confirm that the person is not a prohibited possessor under ORS 166.250.
(3) In order to register a large capacity magazine under this section, a person must:
(a) Be the lawful owner of the large capacity magazine prior to the effective date of this
2013 Act; and
(b) Submit to a criminal background check conducted by the department to confirm that
the person is not a prohibited possessor under ORS 166.250.
(4) A person may not register more than one assault weapon and three large capacity
magazines under this section.
Additional assault weapons and large capacity magazines must
be disposed of in the manner specified in section 3 of this 2013 Act.
(5) A registered owner of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine is required to:
(a) Securely store the assault weapon or large capacity magazine pursuant to rules and
regulations adopted by the department;
(b) Allow an inspector from the department to inspect the storage of assault weapons
and large capacity magazines to ensure compliance with this subsection;
(c) Possess the assault weapon or large capacity magazine only:
(A) On property owned or immediately controlled by the registered owner;
(B) On the premises of a firearms dealer or gunsmith licensed under 18 U.S.C. 923 for the
purpose of lawful repair;
(C) While engaged in the legal use of the assault weapon or large capacity magazine at
[3]
HB 3200
a public or private shooting range, shooting gallery or other area designed and built for the
purpose of target shooting; or
(D) While transporting the weapon in a vehicle as permitted in ORS 166.250; and
(d) Report the loss or theft of a registered assault weapon or large capacity magazine to
the appropriate law enforcement agency within 48 hours of the discovery of the loss or theft.
(6) A registered owner of an assault or large capacity magazine may not sell or transfer
the assault weapon or large capacity magazine except to a firearms dealer or gunsmith licensed
under 18 U.S.C. 923 for lawful sale or transfer under section 3 (2) of this 2013 Act or
for the purpose of disposal as provided in section 3 of this 2013 Act.
SECTION 5. (1) Upon receipt of a request from a person seeking to register an assault
weapon or large capacity magazine, the Department of State Police shall determine from
criminal records and other available information whether the potential registrant is disqualified
under ORS 166.250 from possessing the assault weapon or large capacity magazine.
(2) The department may adopt a fee schedule for criminal background checks as provided
in ORS 166.414.
The department shall create and maintain a registry for owners of assault weapons
and large capacity magazines who qualify for registration under section 4 of this 2013 Act.
The department may adopt rules concerning the administration of the registry, including but
not limited to renewal and revocation procedures and storage requirements for assault
weapons and large capacity magazines.
(4) The department may conduct inspections of registered owners of assault weapons and
large capacity magazines to ensure compliance with the storage requirements of section 4
of this 2013 Act.

Can you say "Unconstitutional as all hell"?

I sure can.

The people in the East part of the state won't even think of complying.

There are a ton of wealthy sportsman in Oregon that own huge firearms collections. Even though it's an overwhelmingly Democratic state I don't know if that Bill will pass muster.

There aren't enough to outvote the retards who live in Eugene and Portland. Eastern Oregon has been screwed over by those guys since the 1960s.

Forum List

Back