Media omits fact in Colorado truck collision...

Not a thing. Propaganda.

Owners don't pay their drivers for increased fuel costs. Only owners get paid for fuel costs...and shippers and receivers pay on Household Mover Guide miles and not a penny more.

No owner is paying a driver out of route miles...and no driver is driving out of route miles...because that time counts against his 70 and costs actual dollars out of his/her paycheck.

You are being misled by well intentioned folks who are misinformed and passing more misinformation on to you.

The number of drivers who are actually boycotting Colorado wouldn't fill a high school classroom. The folks that are informing you are all talk, no action.

Again, these are actual OTR drivers who will not go to or through Colorado. I've not gotten this from the news. I got it from my friends...

No, it wasn’t “an accident”, it was negligence. Most accidents are just some form of negligence.

That makes absolutely zero sense.

First you say it wasn't an accident but, rather, negligence, then you follow that up by saying accidents are a form of negligence, which means that you're acknowledging that accidents actually exist...

Are you feigning ignorance or are you actually this obtuse?

Do you think these facts might be important for the public to be made aware of to inform their opinions of the verdict?

If not...you sir are a part of the problem.

Like I said... these facts are extremely difficult to find...

“He called me to tell me he was having problems with his brakes,” said Rafael Perez Radrages.

Radrages is also a truck driver and worked for the same Texas company as Mederos.

Radrages had previously driven and inspected the same rig that crashed.

Mederos has claimed the rig’s brakes were not working. But Radrages says there were no previous problems with the truck.

This article misframes the phone calls as occurring while the vehicle was in motion...but the facts drawn out in testimony proved that this conversation occurred while the vehicle was parked at the brake check area.

Extremely important facts needed to construct an informed decision about the verdict and the sentence.
First, you say that the media does not report and now you provide from the very same media facts to support your case?

Which is it? The media does not share the facts or does it?

Also, you still haven't answered my question. Are you in favor of the driver receiving the sentence or not?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him being granted clemency. It was a horrible, tragic accident, but it was an accident.

Because of the minimum sentencing guidelines, he can't be sentenced to 20-30 years in prison. It's all or nothing, OTR truckers are now vowing to stay out of Colorado because of this. Governor Polis will be forced to consider the level of negative impact that could have on his state, and he'll be forced to act accordingly and in the best interests of the residents of Colorado...
I don't know about the minimum sentencing guidelines in Colorado but I doubt that the driver is going to go from a 110-year sentence to scot-free. Especially where there is no doubt of his culpability.

I also found this:

During Monday’s hearing, King [First Judicial District Attorney] told the judge she recommended a new sentence of between 20 and 30 years for Aguilera-Mederos, a stance she took publicly last week.

That makes absolutely zero sense.

First you say it wasn't an accident but, rather, negligence, then you follow that up by saying accidents are a form of negligence, which means that you're acknowledging that accidents actually exist...

Semantics. Go ahead and call it an accident if you want. It was caused by negligence, which is why the driver is going to jail.

First, you say that the media does not report and now you provide from the very same media facts to support your case?

Which is it? The media does not share the facts or does it?

Also, you still haven't answered my question. Are you in favor of the driver receiving the sentence or not?
No...I said it was very difficult to find.

Search yourself. Out of hundreds of article...only two contain the information above.

Two.

I think he's guilty and I think he belongs in prison.

110 years is a big number...but add up the years of life he took from four innocent motorists and that's a big number too.

But my opinion on the sentence is irrelevant. This is a thread about media's false framing and omission of crucial facts from hundreds of articles.

Anything dealing with the sentence is nothing but a distraction from the topic.

Last edited:
No...I said it was very difficult to find.

Search yourself. Out of hundreds of article...only two contain the information above.

Two.

I think he's guilty and I think he belongs in prison.

110 years is a big number...but add up the years of life he took from four innocent motorists and that's a big number too.

But my opinion on the sentence is irrelevant. This is a thread about media's false framing and omission of crucial facts from hundreds of articles.

Anything dealing with the sentence is nothing but a distraction from the topic.
First, You may want to brush up on your internet search skillset. I found this without too much difficulty:

The inexperienced trucker was seen driving recklessly hours before the crash, prosecutors said during his trial. A couple reported that a truck hauling lumber with Texas plates sped by them in a no-passing zone in Rand and nearly ran them off the road that day. Aguilera-Mederos also passed at least one runaway truck ramp after he lost his brakes. The trucker realized he had a problem with his brakes after coming over Berthoud Pass, prosecutors said, but decided to keep driving anyway.

Another one here: Big rig driver called for help before deadly I-70 crash

Second: Yes, your opinion is irrelevant to the sentence. Do you know who else's opinion is irrelevant? The media.
Obviously, the prosecutor bought out all the facts and so the defendant got a 110 year sentence.

Third: You know who feels that the 110 year sentence is too much? The prosecutor and the Judge who heard the case. Are you saying you know better than these two?

First, You may want to brush up on your internet search skillset. I found this without too much difficulty:

The inexperienced trucker was seen driving recklessly hours before the crash, prosecutors said during his trial. A couple reported that a truck hauling lumber with Texas plates sped by them in a no-passing zone in Rand and nearly ran them off the road that day. Aguilera-Mederos also passed at least one runaway truck ramp after he lost his brakes. The trucker realized he had a problem with his brakes after coming over Berthoud Pass, prosecutors said, but decided to keep driving anyway.

Another one here: Big rig driver called for help before deadly I-70 crash

Second: Yes, your opinion is irrelevant to the sentence. Do you know who else's opinion is irrelevant? The media.
Obviously, the prosecutor bought out all the facts and so the defendant got a 110 year sentence.

Third: You know who feels that the 110 year sentence is too much? The prosecutor and the Judge who heard the case. Are you saying you know better than these two?
Where does it say he was stopped at a brake inspection pull off and that he made two calls while stopped acknowledging he had a brake problem?

These are important facts, don't you think?

Again, these are actual OTR drivers who will not go to or through Colorado. I've not gotten this from the news. I got it from my friends...
I don't doubt they're telling you that. I only doubt they're actually doing it.

Company drivers go where they're told to go... Owner-operators and independents have more options...but they aren't going around Colorado... They may choose not to haul freight that goes through Colorado... but someone will haul it.

I don't go to Colorado in the winter... because I don't carry your chains and Colorado requires them beyond Denver.

And you know what? Colorado doesn't give a single damn that I and a lot of other drivers don't go there in the winter.

Where does it say he was stopped at a brake inspection pull off and that he made two calls while stopped acknowledging he had a brake problem?

These are important facts, don't you think?
You really need to upgrade your internet search skills. Took me just a couple of minutes.

You really need to upgrade your internet search skills. Took me just a couple of minutes.

You do realize the second two articles are the exact same article I posted right?

You have also posted this same article here in prior post...

All the exact same article.

Honestly...I appreciate you proving my point... even if that was not your intention.

You do realize the second two articles are the exact same article I posted right?

You have also posted this same article here in prior post...

All the exact same article.

Honestly...I appreciate you proving my point... even if that was not your intention.
So, what's your problem? Both of them are mainline media outlets. They aren't the dark web, for goodness sakes!

If both of us can find it - and I found it in minutes - how is the data being suppressed?

I am getting a sneaky feeling that you think that the driver's race is playing a part in the media suppressing it. Would you be this concerned about media etc if the guy was your average white guy with a name like "John Smith"?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him being granted clemency. It was a horrible, tragic accident, but it was an accident.

Because of the minimum sentencing guidelines, he can't be sentenced to 20-30 years in prison. It's all or nothing, OTR truckers are now vowing to stay out of Colorado because of this. Governor Polis will be forced to consider the level of negative impact that could have on his state, and he'll be forced to act accordingly and in the best interests of the residents of Colorado...
Not an accident if he knew the brakes were failing. Which is the point in the OP. When I read the story none of that was known. Now knowing it I don't want his sentence reduced. I also want his boss charged for failing to tell him to say and wait for a mechanic to come out and look over the brakes at the least. Should've sent a more experience driver to take over as well.

If both of us can find it - and I found it in minutes - how is the data being suppressed?
We found the two stories +/- of the hundreds or thousands that have been written because we already knew the search terms to plug in to find them... So you must KNOW the facts to FIND the facts???

Sorry... Bad news... That's not how this journalism thing is supposed to work...

... But I suspect you know that.
I am getting a sneaky feeling that you think that the driver's race is playing a part in the media suppressing it. Would you be this concerned about media etc if the guy was your average white guy with a name like "John Smith"?

Don't project your racist ideas on me.

I think the media is doing this for the money.

If they print all the facts... they kill the goose that is laying their golden eggs of clicks and eyes on screens...

The Legacy Media is dying... Nobody with an ounce of common sense trust them to be honest.

And this is just another nail in their coffin.

But they'll do whatever it takes to stay on life support. If omitting key facts to keep a controversy afloat is what it takes... As you can plainly see with your own eyes ... they aren't above that.

We found the two stories +/- of the hundreds or thousands that have been written because we already knew the search terms to plug in to find them... So you must KNOW the facts to FIND the facts???

Sorry... Bad news... That's not how this journalism thing is supposed to work...

... But I suspect you know that.

Don't project your racist ideas on me.

I think the media is doing this for the money.

If they print all the facts... they kill the goose that is laying their golden eggs of clicks and eyes on screens...

The Legacy Media is dying... Nobody with an ounce of common sense trust them to be honest.

And this is just another nail in their coffin.

But they'll do whatever it takes to stay on life support. If omitting key facts to keep a controversy afloat is what it takes... As you can plainly see with your own eyes ... they aren't above that.
Yawn. You are a moron.

Again, this guy was prosecuted with all the facts you mention and received the highest sentence anyone can get for this type of crime.

Second, the court case wasn't in anyway conducted in secret. Did every single news organization report every single detail? Of course not. Unless news affects nationally, they rarely do. This was reported in local media fully as both you and I have shown. No media is omitting anything. Seems like you are seeing controversy where none exists.

Third, it does look like your whole gripe is because this guy is not of the "white" kind. I still wonder how you would feel if this guy was of a race you accept.

Yawn. You are a moron.

Never hard to detect when the debate is lost...the loser lets the insults fly in lieu of reasoned argument.

The completely unsubstantiated claims of racism are the icing on the cake of your capitulation.

Embarrassing. At least next time try something original... The race card is so 2020.

Regardless...You're concession is duly noted.

Feel free to have the last word... I'm moving on...

Last edited:
More testimony that didn't make it into any of the MSM reporting I've read... it was revealed in a pre-trial hearing that the driver had previously driven the same Colorado route three times.

Another important fact that had been omitted by Legacy Media...

Never hard to detect when the debate is lost...the loser lets the insults fly in lieu of reasoned argument.

The completely unsubstantiated claims of racism are the icing on the cake of your capitulation.

Embarrassing. At least next time try something original... The race card is so 2020.

Regardless...You're concession is duly noted.

Feel free to have the last word... I'm moving on...
Yeah, take it as a concession. A concession that I shouldn't waste my time with morons. Next time, you come to play, make sure you got your facts straight. Ok, moron? Good. Now, get lost.

Forum List

Back