META (Facebook) Banning Conservatives over their opinions.....

This is something Leftists like Golfing Gator and Superbadbrutha don't get. Facebook is the single largest social media platform in the country, let alone the world. And any chance to set up an "alternative" platform geared towards a more Conservative POV will never get off the ground. This is why Parler and MeWe don't ever get the same exposure and this is also why Zuckerberg needs to be pressured, and pressured HARD to lay off of Conservatives.

Because social media is now the digital commons, and one side has decided only their viewpoint is allowable in said commons?
Sure, that's the way it works. Whenever government wants control of something, call it "the commons" and go to town. :rolleyes:

Facebook is the single largest social media platform in the country, let alone the world. And any chance to set up an "alternative" platform geared towards a more Conservative POV will never get off the ground. This is why Parler and MeWe don't ever get the same exposure and this is also why Zuckerberg needs to be pressured, and pressured HARD to lay off of Conservatives.
It is true that I've looked and looked for a conservative news weekly, even monthly, can't find any. I ended up with The Week because they send out cleaned-up sample copies that hide the fact that the actual magazine is frankly commie --- I'm not kidding, it's Leftist City, ugly put-down propaganda in every article. Don't get fooled like I did.

I don't know why the conservative POV is a minority view, but you are right, I think.

I understand the sentiment, but the fact of the matter is that Facebook can, at its sole discretion, shit-can anything they want.

You don't have a "right" to say whatever you want to on Facebook...
Really? They are now the defacto public square simply by its sheer size of users. This is the argument that must now be had.

It is true that I've looked and looked for a conservative news weekly, even monthly, can't find any. I ended up with The Week because they send out cleaned-up sample copies that hide the fact that the actual magazine is frankly commie --- I'm not kidding, it's Leftist City, ugly put-down propaganda in every article. Don't get fooled like I did.

I don't know why the conservative POV is a minority view, but you are right, I think.
This is also why the Communists want to reinstate the "Fairness" Doctrine, so they can have a total monopoly on the media.

Really? They are now the defacto public square simply by its sheer size of users. This is the argument that must now be had.

Yes, really.

Whether they're the "defacto" anything is meaningless. Facebook cannot be compelled to allow anything and everything people want to post, and rightly so. The 1st Amendment cannot be forced upon them, and doing such a thing would set a horribly dangerous precedent...

Yes, really.

Whether they're the "defacto" anything is meaningless. Facebook cannot be compelled to allow anything and everything people want to post, and rightly so. The 1st Amendment cannot be forced upon them, and doing such a thing would set a horribly dangerous precedent...
The First Amendment doesn't even apply to them. It's a restriction on government, not on private business.

- queue the public-square-commons slobbering.

This is also why the Communists want to reinstate the "Fairness" Doctrine, so they can have a total monopoly on the media.
Correct;

They want total control over everyone and everything. if you have a dissenting view, it must be silenced. If you don't think that is what the 87,000 IRS agents is about, you would be wrong.

The same was true with CNN, MSNBC and ABC. They were the news and hare left.

Now they are not shit. FOX beats them all and they are hard right. Twitter and Facebook are crap services so I do not use them. This is not stopping me from making my voice heard or doing anything at all.

This is just one more proof that the right does not have a core value to be seen. Small government, low regulation and freedom? Not here, if the right wants it then the government just has to come in and regulate it, control it and tell people what they MUST do with their private property.

Start your own damn Facebook, it is what they did with myspace after all. You know, the company that had 100 percent market share before Facebook did things better.

Yes, really.

It probably could be forced on them ---- look at Ma Bell becoming a public utility. It really is the same exact thing, in the same industry: communication.

Why do you think it would be a dangerous precedent? I'm interested in the issue of unexpected consequences.

Yes, really.

SO, they are allowed to silence whomever they want in the public domain... Double standards or no standards. You cannot have it both ways.

That is not a double standard. That is how it works when you want to use someone else's property to display your message. Always has been.
Not when they are being paid, by selling your data. I have the same rights as every left-wing bat shit crazy has and they don't silence them. And that is a tangible disparity.

Forum List

Back