Michigan teen suspect’s parents found hiding in Detroit art studio after hours-long search

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
I"m pretty much at a loss for words, I can't even imagine what they thought they were going to do or try to go.

Michigan shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley's parents arrested in Detroit after manhunt7
The parents of Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley were taken into custody in Saturday's predawn hours after an extensive manhunt for the couple, who had failed to appear for their arraignment Friday.​
James and Jennifer Crumbley face involuntary manslaughter charges in connection to Tuesday's tragedy at Oxford High School for refusing to take their son out of school after staff said he exhibited warning signs of violence and needed counseling, according to authorities.​
Ethan Crumbley, 15, was arrested after he allegedly opened fire at the school, killing four students and wounding seven other people.​
Following an hours-long search in Michigan on Friday that included U.S. Marshals' offers of $10,000 rewards each for their capture, law enforcement officers found the parents in Detroit, where they were reportedly hiding in an art studio after leaving their car in the building's parking lot.​
A business owner called 911 after seeing the suspects’ car and noticing a woman running away from it. Images of the car and the couple had been posted in the media.​

I"m pretty much at a loss for words, I can't even imagine what they thought they were going to do or try to go.

Michigan shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley's parents arrested in Detroit after manhunt7

And clearly, all along, not thinking of the best interest of their son. It is possible they could have turned themselves in, bonded out, and then in some fashion been there for him. Not now.

But then, it seems they hadn't been there for him in a long time. It's tragic with tragic consequences

And clearly, all along, not thinking of the best interest of their son. It is possible they could have turned themselves in, bonded out, and then in some fashion been there for him. Not now.

But then, it seems they hadn't been there for him in a long time. It's tragic with tragic consequences

Not sure they were thinking about him at all. Seems them telling him not to talk to anyone (which is their legal right) was more about keeping them safe than helping their son.

Not sure they were thinking about him at all. Seems them telling him not to talk to anyone (which is their legal right) was more about keeping them safe than helping their son.

The son is really screwed now, with the parents in stir as well. It isn't like they have family suites at the Oakland County Hoosegow.

Since they are all separated, and getting adequate counsel seems unlikely, officials should be able to get any plea they want.

The other weird thing is the kid plead not guilty.

It boggles the mind.

The whole family might be nutts.

If they were hiding out in an "art studio", I bet they were getting high.
I know these people have to be libturd Biden supporters

This story has gotten little coverage. If these weren't Biden grommits they'd be screaming gun control and White Sup right away

This story means nothing to them....Oh well hopefully the next shooter will be a Trump supporter so we'll be on it

The other weird thing is the kid plead not guilty.

It boggles the mind.

The whole family might be nutts.
We know there could be multiple issues. What if one was that the kid was being bullied and it did not stop and the Pop was getting miffed also? So they did the exercising act or weight lifting or hitting the heavy bag but it didn't do a thing. The kid was being bullied big time. So Dad was a pacifist that was humiliated many times in his life defending the homestead with a weapon. Or he had enough and purchased the weapon as he and the son talked all the time about defense and not taking the crap anymore. In his mind by an example such as this, he was right. People screw with each other.

We know there could be multiple issues. What if one was that the kid was being bullied and it did not stop and the Pop was getting miffed also? So they did the exercising act or weight lifting or hitting the heavy bag but it didn't do a thing. The kid was being bullied big time. So Dad was a pacifist that was humiliated many times in his life defending the homestead with a weapon. Or he had enough and purchased the weapon as he and the son talked all the time about defense and not taking the crap anymore. In his mind by an example such as this, he was right. People screw with each other.

If if's and what's were butts.

Sounds like failures all around this story. Nobody helped this kid, and I'm thinking his parents were clueless. Did they buy him that gun so he could protect himself at school? What we have here is a total human tragedy, no matter what anybody's politics are/were. A lotta lives got ruined.

If if's and what's were butts.
So there are not many ways, but just one or two ways why people do things. I used this and some form of an exmaple of watching a program on crimes a week ago. That one was a Halloween night crime where this kid was brutally picked on by neighbors. For a period of time. The parents talked to the cops and the parents or people in charge of the kids who bullied this kid. The cops could do nothing. On that night as the torture peaked, the neighbors totally hazed their home with toilet paper and other things. Damages to the house. So the father and son took their vehicle out and damaged the neighbors home with the parents and others coming out. Somehow one of the adults ended up being caught in their vehicle and was dragged as they drove away. He died. The father of the tortured child went to jail. Both families were damaged never to be as was before. And to me, the ones who took the crap were in the right.

Sounds like failures all around this story. Nobody helped this kid, and I'm thinking his parents were clueless. Did they buy him that gun so he could protect himself at school? What we have here is a total human tragedy, no matter what anybody's politics are/were. A lotta lives got ruined.
When these things happen we almost never end up with an understandable motive. We moan a little about the lack of mental health care or the people who ignored the warning signs and in the end nothing will have been learned.

When these things happen we almost never end up with an understandable motive. We moan a little about the lack of mental health care or the people who ignored the warning signs and in the end nothing will have been learned.

Nowadays, mentally ill people are usually considered normal and take offense if you point out they are goofy in the head.

You have millions of men who walk around thinking they are dames, and will sue your ass if you "misgender" them and address them as "sir".

We're living in a different world than when I was a kid, occ. The days of dressing nut cases in strait jackets and housing them in lunatic asylums are over.

I know these people have to be libturd Biden supporters

This story has gotten little coverage. If these weren't Biden grommits they'd be screaming gun control and White Sup right away

This story means nothing to them....Oh well hopefully the next shooter will be a Trump supporter so we'll be on it
Gun toting liberals? You know those are a myth.

The parents were only following the advice of North Carolina congressman Madison Cawthorn. "Raise them to be a monster" said he.

Forum List

Back