RFK Jr condemns the removal of Confederate monuments

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has condemned the removal of Confederate statues, saying he had a “visceral reaction against” the destruction of monuments honoring southern leaders from the Civil War.

Robert E. Lee, the top Confederate general, had “extraordinary qualities of leadership” that deserve to be celebrated, Kennedy said Friday in an interview for the Timcast IRL, which is hosted by conservative podcaster Tim Pool.

“There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” Kennedy said in response to a question about the monuments. “And, you know, I just, I just have a visceral reaction to this destroying history. I don’t like it. I think we should celebrate who we are. And that, you know, we should celebrate the good qualities of everybody.”

Sure, he is making a big play for the southern, white, Republican demographic. But what surprises me is the line - “There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” I mean, even in the history of pandering, this is a bit much.

The Confederacy was founded with the explicit goal of preserving and expanding the institution of slavery. Its leaders and soldiers fought to maintain slavery and white supremacy.

This is similar to some guy claiming about the Nazis - "There are some fine people on both sides".
Who is surprised that this is coming from a man with a worm in his brain?

1716994512478.png

They were mostly erected by states and locals so it is appropriate for them to be removed by the same. There is a vast difference between the memorials for the dead soldiers which were erected right after the war and the monuments erected between the 1890s and 1950s that were dedicated to the Lost Cause and the romanticized versions of the leaders of the Rebel states. It's a states right issue that the president shouldn't have any control over, mostly.

i'm assuming your avatar is a statue [bust] of a roman leader .. should it be destroyed .. after all Rome had slaves .

PompeytheGreat.jpg

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus (106 - 47 BC), Roman soldier and statesman, circa 48 BC. (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Often referred to simply as Pompey. "Magnus" provides a big hint.

The difference is that none of the above fought a war for the sole purpose of keeping slaves.

But I notice you left out - Hitler and the other Nazi leaders. Should they too have statures in their honor?
These guys aren't bright enough to see the similarity.

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has condemned the removal of Confederate statues, saying he had a “visceral reaction against” the destruction of monuments honoring southern leaders from the Civil War.

Robert E. Lee, the top Confederate general, had “extraordinary qualities of leadership” that deserve to be celebrated, Kennedy said Friday in an interview for the Timcast IRL, which is hosted by conservative podcaster Tim Pool.

“There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” Kennedy said in response to a question about the monuments. “And, you know, I just, I just have a visceral reaction to this destroying history. I don’t like it. I think we should celebrate who we are. And that, you know, we should celebrate the good qualities of everybody.”

Sure, he is making a big play for the southern, white, Republican demographic. But what surprises me is the line - “There were heroes in the Confederacy who didn’t have slaves,” I mean, even in the history of pandering, this is a bit much.

The Confederacy was founded with the explicit goal of preserving and expanding the institution of slavery. Its leaders and soldiers fought to maintain slavery and white supremacy.

This is similar to some guy claiming about the Nazis - "There are some fine people on both sides".
Hahaha

Just take whatever position is intellectually, ethically, and morally correct.

Then, look at the opposite.

And there is where you will find RFK Jr and his brain worms.

Hahaha

Just take whatever position is intellectually, ethically, and morally correct.

Then, look at the opposite.

And there is where you will find RFK Jr and his brain worms.
And people will actually vote for that man! Amazing!!!

PompeytheGreat.jpg

Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus (106 - 47 BC), Roman soldier and statesman, circa 48 BC. (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Often referred to simply as Pompey. "Magnus" provides a big hint.
should the statues of him be destroyed ? after all he probably owned slaves .

The difference is that none of the above fought a war for the sole purpose of keeping slaves.

But I notice you left out - Hitler and the other Nazi leaders. Should they too have statures in their honor?
er ..ever heard of Spartacus ? the Romans fought and defeated slaves fighting for freedom ..

er ..ever heard of Spartacus ? the Romans fought and defeated slaves fighting for freedom ..
Yeah, and are we putting up statues of Crassus?

But I notice you didn't answer my question. Let's see if you have the guts. One more time...

Yeah, and are we putting up statues of Crassus?

But I notice you didn't answer my question. Let's see if you have the guts. One more time...

I heard your question ... maybe we should destroy all statues of leaders who were tyrants .. ancient and modern ..

The more stupid he gets the more he will take from Shitpants over Biden.

I heard your question ... maybe we should destroy all statues of leaders who were tyrants .. ancient and modern ..
In other words, no guts to answer the question? Not to worry. I knew you were a chicken-shit retard and won't have the guts to answer the question.

And, I was right. :itsok:

By Angie Drobnic HolanApril 26, 2019

On Aug. 15, 2017, President Donald Trump held a press conference to discuss an executive order he had signed on infrastructure permitting. Reporters shortly began asking questions about Trump’s initial response to violent protests in Charlottesville, Va. It was at this press conference that Trump said that "you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides."

Forum List

Back