Mike Pence Reveals Four Reasons He Is Not Backing Donald Trump

‘Former Vice President Mike Pence outlined four reasons he is refusing to back Donald Trump's presidential bid during the Indiana 250 Off the Record podcast, which came out Thursday.

Pence cited Trump's continued belief that Pence should have refused to certify the 2020 presidential election results, his concern that the GOP nominee was pursuing a more "isolationist" foreign policy, the rising national debt and his concern that abortion is deemphasized in the GOP's 2024 policy platform.

Pence, who served as Trump's vice president from January 2017 to January 2021, helped shore up the president's support with the religious right. However, the two fell out badly when Pence defied Trump and certified the 2020 presidential election results in Congress. Trump claimed, without evidence, that the election had been rigged against him, a view that was repeatedly rejected in the courts.

On January 6, 2021, hundreds of Trump supporters stormed Congress in an effort to prevent the election's certification, with some chanting, "Hang Mike Pence."

Speaking on the podcast, which interviews prominent community and business figures in Indiana, Pence said that after Trump secured the 2024 Republican nomination he "reflected on it." He concluded he couldn't offer his endorsement "because the president has not changed his view of my constitutional duties on January 6 and also because I see President Trump leading our party away from many of the policies that we governed on for four years."

Newsweek reached out by email to representatives of Trump's campaign for comment.

Pence also criticized the direction Trump has been taking the Republican Party in on foreign policy. "I see the president and some of his most ardent supporters, including his running mate now, advocate a more isolationist view, which is not my view of the proper role of the United States or the Republican Party."’

There are of course scores of other reasons why not to back – or vote for – Trump.

Reasons #1 thru #529 -- Pence is a scumbag.

Just like Romney, he is yesterday's breakfast. Like all traitors, nobody likes him, nobody respects him, nobody will even talk to him except for other scumbags

1. he was paid $$$ billions not to do his duty as VP and send the falsified election back to the states
2. he cares only about Israel not America
3. he trusts the Democrats to cover up everything including 911
4. he is a JDAAC liar, a fraud, and a traitor
Do you care about Israel? If Trump's evangelicals help Jesus return 2/3rds of Jews will die and the remaining Jews will convert

‘Former Vice President Mike Pence outlined four reasons he is refusing to back Donald Trump's presidential bid during the Indiana 250 Off the Record podcast, which came out Thursday.

Pence cited Trump's continued belief that Pence should have refused to certify the 2020 presidential election results, his concern that the GOP nominee was pursuing a more "isolationist" foreign policy, the rising national debt and his concern that abortion is deemphasized in the GOP's 2024 policy platform.

Pence, who served as Trump's vice president from January 2017 to January 2021, helped shore up the president's support with the religious right. However, the two fell out badly when Pence defied Trump and certified the 2020 presidential election results in Congress. Trump claimed, without evidence, that the election had been rigged against him, a view that was repeatedly rejected in the courts.

On January 6, 2021, hundreds of Trump supporters stormed Congress in an effort to prevent the election's certification, with some chanting, "Hang Mike Pence."

Speaking on the podcast, which interviews prominent community and business figures in Indiana, Pence said that after Trump secured the 2024 Republican nomination he "reflected on it." He concluded he couldn't offer his endorsement "because the president has not changed his view of my constitutional duties on January 6 and also because I see President Trump leading our party away from many of the policies that we governed on for four years."

Newsweek reached out by email to representatives of Trump's campaign for comment.

Pence also criticized the direction Trump has been taking the Republican Party in on foreign policy. "I see the president and some of his most ardent supporters, including his running mate now, advocate a more isolationist view, which is not my view of the proper role of the United States or the Republican Party."’

There are of course scores of other reasons why not to back – or vote for – Trump.
/—-/ We don’t care what that RINO says.

Forum List

Back