More lefty censorship - IMDB permanently shuts down its message boards

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
HAHAHA. Too many posters like me that are not PC and slam all these movies that are just hate propaganda against men and white people and non-perverts

Message Boards - IMDb

feb 3 2017 IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb’s message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb’s message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.

raw

Huh?

The poster's conclusion in no way follows from his premise.

What does IMDB have to with liberals? And why are the actions of a private entity a free speech issue?

(And let me guess. Some white supremacist jackholes swarmed and destroyed the IMDB board?)

HAHAHA. Too many posters like me that are not PC and slam all these movies that are just hate propaganda against men and white people and non-perverts

Message Boards - IMDb

feb 3 2017 IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb’s message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb’s message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.
Proud of yourself, are you?
"Not PC" isn't quite the right word for you.

Huh?

The poster's conclusion in no way follows from his premise.

What does IMDB have to with liberals? And why are the actions of a private entity a free speech issue?

(And let me guess. Some white supremacist jackholes swarmed and destroyed the IMDB board?)

Ya simply cannot make sense out of nonsense, don't bother attempting it.

CNN shut down their discussion boards. As have many particular news sites, though Fox News keeps theirs open and it is quite popular.

Just requires a competitive site to offer what IMDB does but provide a message board. That will take a bunch of members away and over time they will become the leader. Makes no sense to shut down a discussion board about movies. It was the best feature for those wanting to discuss their movies, dissect, offer opinions.

They want it dumbed won to a simple rating system, for which people will be more suspicious than ever is stacked for particular movies, where as now, at least people could discuss and argue as to why a movie deserved or didn't deserve a rating. This doesn't improve the experience for people on the site, as it was not a mandatory part of the site.

Message Boards - IMDb

Take it to Yelp snowflake.

I am going to miss being over there.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I started leaving messages over there in late 2012. The music general spot is where I was mostly.

Didn't take long to try to put blame on somebody, did it?

The announcement is quite clear. The message board is being closed because it isn't being used enough to justify the cost. As IMDb says itself, the members migrated to Facebook.

Y'all try to make shit out of gravel. It was nothing but a business decision.

The announcement is quite clear. The message board is being closed because it isn't being used enough to justify the cost. As IMDb says itself, the members migrated to Facebook.
Y'all try to make shit out of gravel. It was nothing but a business decision.

HAHAHA, Of course they say that and you're the only one dumb enough to believe them. The real reason is like i said - too many conservative posters.

A few months back there was a movie about some black female chess champion. It was supposed to be a true story but it was all a lie and i pointed that out and the mods called me racist.

Forum List

Back