More on survival guns

Clement

A REAL free thinker
Mar 8, 2014
Missorian brought up this device in the Wilderness Adventure thread. My thought was to carry a black powder shotgun to avoid the bulk of carrying shotgun shells, and also some versatility in your selection of loads. Also, the debate rages on about what you would need in various situations.

This company makes adapters that allow a 12 guage to shoot .45 ACP, .45 long Colt, etc., but this is what caught my eye:

With modern ammo in short supply you can still be ready for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you know how bulky/heavy black powder is, vs smokeles? You need a patch around your ball and a wad on top of yoru shot. so you wo'n't be saving any weight, (as compared to normal shotshells) and you'll have MORE bulk. You'll also have corrosion, smoke, and missfire problems that smokeless powder user wont have. :) read my post about silenced .22 auto loading rifles, AR's,etc, in the wilderness adventure thread above, here. You dont want a noisy, shot ranged single shot for this job, man.

do you know how bulky/heavy black powder is, vs smokeles? You need a patch around your ball and a wad on top of yoru shot. so you wo'n't be saving any weight, (as compared to normal shotshells) and you'll have MORE bulk. You'll also have corrosion, smoke, and missfire problems that smokeless powder user wont have. :) read my post about silenced .22 auto loading rifles, AR's,etc, in the wilderness adventure thread above, here. You dont want a noisy, shot ranged single shot for this job, man.

You are talking out of your ass. I have walked a lot of miles carrying a lb. of powder and a lb. of lead along with a .54 caliber rifle. The shotgun is even lighter than the rifle, and yes, I know how to load them both, thank you very much. I have put rifle balls through the heart and brain of many a game animal, they don't usually run on me. And I don't have misfires because I take care of my gear.

your shotgun is NOT lighter than a 4 lb carbon 15, and no, the ammo is not lighter, and no the shotgun is not quiet. it CAN'T be, cause allowing that big a hole thru the baffles of a silencer means so much hot gases escape that your "suppressed" shotgun is still loud as hell. Fuck you and what you "think". the facts are on my side.

your shotgun is NOT lighter than a 4 lb carbon 15, and no, the ammo is not lighter, and no the shotgun is not quiet. it CAN'T be, cause allowing that big a hole thru the baffles of a silencer means so much hot gases escape that your "suppressed" shotgun is still loud as hell. Fuck you and what you "think". the facts are on my side.

"Sir Lip" is a good name for you. We're not talking about a turkey shoot.

Silencer, indeed. Just more junk to weigh you down.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back