Movies you like but didnt do well at the box office.

The Super Mario Brothers movie from 1993. It's a guilty pleasure of mine lol

One of my all time favorites
1-6544487375.jpg

Enders Game

John Carpenters The Thing. It broke about even at the box office but came out around the same time as E.T did and was hammered by critics. It is now considered one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies of all time.

Believe it or not Fight Club and Suicide Squad were box office flops. Both great IMO

Oh and The Lion King II Simba's Pride was actually a lot better sequel than people say it was although it still doesn't beat the original. Love this song and the message of it. 😊

Here's a very good list that hits a lot of them.

I just re-watched Event Horizon last week......There is supposed to be a extended version out there that really gets crazy scary.

I was sort of surprised Shawshank was a flop.....It only made 3 million above cost.

Quigley Down Under
  • Budget
    • $20,000,000 (estimated)
  • Gross US & Canada
    • $21,413,105
  • Opening weekend US & Canada
    • $3,853,149
    • Oct 21, 1990
  • Gross worldwide
    • $21,413,105
Not only is it a damn good western, it had Alan Rickman... who only took the part because filming was taking place in Australia, and he always wanted to visit Australia.

I actually can't really answer because I have too many favorites that I don't know how good they were in everyone else's opinion including the critics.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There really isn't a "box office" as such today while Tinseltown cranks out junk that ends up on Netflix or some such outlet. How would we know anyway?

Forum List

Back