Music of my youth - Early, ealy years up into late teens

I dance all the time, it keeps me mobile and it feels good.

My dog Foxy likes to dance with me, she LOVES Bruno Mars, Uptown Funk.
I just pulled it up and Foxy jumps up yapping and dancing. She hears first note and she's off to the dance.

His work with Jeff Beck on Bolero influenced much of the first album truth be told. Once he went from telecaster/strat to the Gibson, his solos in particular really took on a different level of emotive genius.
Beck’s Bolero is on LZ I How Many More
Times

Agreed LZ became a titanic sound monster when he switched to the Les Paul. The little section on Heartbreaker after the first solo sounded like a Freight Train starting up

Beck’s Bolero is on LZ I How Many More
Times

Agreed LZ became a titanic sound monster when he switched to the Les Paul. The little section on Heartbreaker after the first solo sounded like a Freight Train starting up

The riff on that song is a classic distortion, so thick. I'm guessing a step down from a standard tuning with an open G. It's just too full of a sound but this is just always what I thought, I've never cared to confirm it and I haven't played guitar in years.

The secret sauce to LZ was Jimmy Page the producer. You hear the music over 50 years old and it sounds richer than music made long after.

Forum List

Back