My Sincere Apologies

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
On the issue of how things were in the early 20th century, I have read several things over the course of a few days.
And I admit that on the issue of America's history in the 20th century, I was out to lunch.
I will say though that it wasn't my fault, I heard from old people how great things used to be, and how well disciplined and brought up that people were in the 20th century and I have seen countless pieces of propaganda to support such apparently preposterous claims.
I'm sorry.

So here is the basic sum, of things that I found it, and believe were possible back then in the early 20th century based on what I now read for the last day and half or two days.

PicPaste - 1024px-Steel_Pier_1910s_edit-MY2TDwzd.jpg

This is (most unfortunately) a very misleading, easy to propagandize Photograph.
Take a look at the way the people are dressed, seemingly well mannered, the way they are walking down the Boardwalk... one would never believe that the following would be true.

The people are heavily addicted to Cocaine (through Coca Cola at the time).
The Women are Prostitutes (whores with no self respect).
The People are racists and bigots.
The People are Virulent Xenophobes.

Their cars were being made by a virulent Anti Semite, a man who would help cause world war 2, just 24 years later, and would accept Nazi war medals.

The City streets are a Graveyard, and the Countryside was 10 times worse.

The people are dirt poor and can't afford a damn thing.
The People are also Alcoholics, and allow their kids to swim across the Hudson River and don't give a shit.

That Photograph doesn't give off that Impression... but its true.
The Simpler times.... Simple indeed.. Simple minded fucktard pieces of shit.

However that isn't a valid excuse to go back to that, and my vote to going back to that, and allowing policies to be generated that allows a return to those horrible social conditions is no, period.

And it also doesn't mean that today is satisfying either.

Either way, Progress rules, and Should.

FIgured all that out with one day of reading did you? Whatcha reading? Try reading something else.

FIgured all that out with one day of reading did you? Whatcha reading? Try reading something else.

Black History
Cartoons from the era
Rosewood
Articles about Henry Ford
The Original Ingredients of Coca Cola
Gun policies at the time
Child labor policies at the time
The History of Crime in America and the Crime rates at the time
The History of Overly Zealous patriotism.
The labor Policies at the time.

That's what.

Last edited:
On the issue of how things were in the early 20th century, I have read several things over the course of a few days.
And I admit that on the issue of America's history in the 20th century, I was out to lunch.
I will say though that it wasn't my fault, I heard from old people how great things used to be, and how well disciplined and brought up that people were in the 20th century and I have seen countless pieces of propaganda to support such apparently preposterous claims.
I'm sorry.

So here is the basic sum, of things that I found it, and believe were possible back then in the early 20th century based on what I now read for the last day and half or two days.

This is (most unfortunately) a very misleading, easy to propagandize Photograph.
Take a look at the way the people are dressed, seemingly well mannered, the way they are walking down the Boardwalk... one would never believe that the following would be true.

Their cars were being made by a virulent Anti Semite, a man who would help cause world war 2, just 24 years later, and would accept Nazi war medals.

The People are also Alcoholics, and allow their kids to swim across the Hudson River and don't give a shit.

However that isn't a valid excuse to go back to that, and my vote to going back to that, and allowing policies to be generated that allows a return to those horrible social conditions is no, period.

Let’s just say that reactionaryism is the bane of all great civilizations – the fear of change common to conservative reactionaries has always posed a challenge to those civilizations as change indeed occurs, however unwarranted that fear might be.

In the United States the desire of the reactionary right to return to an idealized American past that never actually existed to begin with is consistent with the fear that change brings about.

Our Constitution, its case law, and our dedication to the rule of law should safeguard the American people from the threat of conservative reactionaryism and their unwarranted fear of change.

I'm sorry.

Let’s just say that reactionaryism is the bane of all great civilizations – the fear of change common to conservative reactionaries has always posed a challenge to those civilizations as change indeed occurs, however unwarranted that fear might be.

In the United States the desire of the reactionary right to return to an idealized American past that never actually existed to begin with is consistent with the fear that change brings about.

Our Constitution, its case law, and our dedication to the rule of law should safeguard the American people from the threat of conservative reactionaryism and their unwarranted fear of change.

Its our job to progress to an ideal American future.

They did have the Charleston and momento mori photography, that was kind of edgy.

Forum List

Back