Nail polish that detects date rape drugs

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Good jobs rednecks......

Students create nail polish that detects date rape drugs

A group of students are currently developing a new nail polish that will change colour when exposed to date rape drugs, allowing girls to safely and discreetly prevent potential sexual assault.

The nail varnish, produced under the brand Undercover Colors, is being developed by four undergraduate students from North Carolina State University as a way of enabling young women to protect themselves.

The nail polish is designed to react to date rape drugs such as Rohypnol, Xanax and GHB, discreetly alerting the woman that her drink has been spiked, the company's Facebook pageexplains.

Whilst out at a bar, party or club, the wearer of the nail varnish can simply stir her drink with her finger. If her nail varnish changes colour, she will know that something has been slipped into her drink.

Ingredients in common date rape drugs react to chemicals in the nail varnish, causing it to change colour.

Can't the dude just paint the chick's fingernails after she passes out then deny everything? I mean, it seems to me that if you are going to engage in a life of sexual assault and rape that, knowing about this nail polish/varnish thing, you will carry a nail paint kit.

Maybe I am just over thinking this.

Can't the dude just paint the chick's fingernails after she passes out then deny everything? I mean, it seems to me that if you are going to engage in a life of sexual assault and rape that, knowing about this nail polish/varnish thing, you will carry a nail paint kit.

Maybe I am just over thinking this.

A day latter and you are still trying to figure a way around this....

Forum List

Back