🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NASA Administrator Statement on House Authorization Bill

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
NASA Administrator Statement on House Authorization Bill - WSET.com - ABC13
Republicans are very busy promoting oil at the expense of the earth. If NASA keeps coming out with good science that proves humans are responsible for climate change (proving republicans wrong) then the obvious solution is to just cut their funding so the research stops. Its much easier to continue this climate "debate" if the opposing side has a more limited set of fresh data.

And yet people wonder why we can't launch shit anymore? If this shit goes through we won't have satellites to predict weather events....

Nasa should get at least 25 billion per year.

He should be complaining about how much this admin has gutted NASA.
Wow!!! We agree s0n!!!! (I would have never thought...)

So you'll agree that we need better leadership and a higher science budget! ;) I can't wait until we put the Goes-R satellites up next year!!! They'll kick some major ass. We also need a few quickscats wind satellite to give us full coverage of surface winds.

A lot of our meteorological accuracy over the 1950's is because of such satellites. Weather forecast and our ability to put out warnings for wind storms, tornadoes, severe weather, floods, hurricanes would go down big time without them. A 7 day forecast today with satellites would go back to around 36 hours in accuracy.

Earth science is also radar, Computer models, observations...We need lots of surface observations and balloon observations from different levels to feed into the computer models...There's so much at stake that makes our lives all better.

Last edited:

So you'll agree that we need better leadership and a higher science budget! ;) I can't wait until we put the Goes-R satellites up next year!!! They'll kick some major ass. We also need a few quickscats wind satellite to give us full coverage of surface winds.

A lot of our meteorological accuracy over the 1950's is because of such satellites. Weather forecast and our ability to put our warnings would go down big time without them.
Sure I agree. I talked to a guy the other day. He says the ISS will be ditched to the Pacific. He was pissed about it and so was I. He calculated that a type of rocket with X pond of fuel could divert the ISS to Mars orbit and have it a s way station for a fraction of its original cost. I agreed! I just do not remember the type of rocket motor he was talking about. He made a lot of sense!!! I am not inclined in those things but I do support space exploration to the max.

A lot of our meteorological accuracy over the 1950's is because of such satellites. Weather forecast and our ability to put out warnings for wind storms, tornadoes, severe weather, floods, hurricanes would go down big time without them. A 7 day forecast today with satellites would go back to around 36 hours in accuracy.

Earth science is also radar, Computer models, observations...We need lots of surface observations and balloon observations from different levels to feed into the computer models...There's so much at stake that makes our lives all better.
The guy is an engineer used to work for Lockheed. He lost all his contacts to people who could make decisions about ISS. Do you have any idea how to save it? Any contacts?

Forum List

Back