Nazi says Armistice ceremonies only for "winners".

Germany has no place in WW1 ceremony for 'winners'- far-right leader | Daily Mail Online

German Chancellor Angela Merkel should not have taken part in a ceremony in France on Sunday marking the centenary of the Armistice as it is an event for the 'winners' of World War One, said the leader of the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD).

Germany lost the war and Merkel's participation in a ceremony for the former allies amounted to an attempt to rewrite history, AfD co-leader Alexander Gauland said.

'We can't put ourselves in a historical situation that clearly favours the winner and walk alongside Mr. Macron through the Arc de Triomphe,' he said, referring to the famous Paris monument.

What a dick. Here is the perfect example of the essentally flawed right wing mentality.

Is there anyone on Planet Normal who views these events as some kind of triumphalism ?

There were no winners ya stupid nazi fuck.
Private Adolph deliver this message to you personally, after being wounded?
Who is Private Adolph ?
Follow your mustache,
The funk.

Germany has no place in WW1 ceremony for 'winners'- far-right leader | Daily Mail Online

German Chancellor Angela Merkel should not have taken part in a ceremony in France on Sunday marking the centenary of the Armistice as it is an event for the 'winners' of World War One, said the leader of the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD).

Germany lost the war and Merkel's participation in a ceremony for the former allies amounted to an attempt to rewrite history, AfD co-leader Alexander Gauland said.

'We can't put ourselves in a historical situation that clearly favours the winner and walk alongside Mr. Macron through the Arc de Triomphe,' he said, referring to the famous Paris monument.

What a dick. Here is the perfect example of the essentally flawed right wing mentality.

Is there anyone on Planet Normal who views these events as some kind of triumphalism ?

Once again we see that either in the United States or Europe, conservatives are consistently, ignorant, reprehensible, and wrong.
Are you a fucking bot?

I'm impressed you found 2 more words.

Britian and America won..and Germany lost. You stupid Nazi fuck. Look it up...it was in all the papers.

wins.jpg

wins2.jpg

Britian and America won..and Germany lost. You stupid Nazi fuck. Look it up...it was in all the papers.

View attachment 228276

View attachment 228277
It wasnt a victory celebration though. Is that what is confusing you ?

It's called Remembrance day over here, not some sort of "Victory day". It's not about who won or lost, it's about the sacrifice of young men and women in all wars since WW1.

Phil Ochs summed it up quite well with this lyric.

"Oh I marched to the battle of New Orleans
At the end of the early British war
The young land started growing
The young blood started flowing
But I ain't marchin' anymore

For I've killed my share of Indians
In a thousand different fights
I was there at the Little Big Horn
I heard many men lying
I saw many more dying

It's always the old to lead us to the war
It's always the young to fall
Now look at all we've won with the saber and the gun
Tell me is it worth it all
For I stole California from the Mexican land
Fought in the bloody Civil War
Yes I even killed my brother
And so many others
And I ain't marchin' anymore

For I marched to the battles of the German trench
In a war that was bound to end all wars
Oh I must have killed a million men
And now they want me back again

For I flew the final mission in the Japanese sky
Set off the mighty mushroom roar
When I saw the cities burning
I knew that I was learning
That I ain't marchin' anymore

Now the labor leader's screamin' when they close the missile plants,
United Fruit screams at the Cuban shore,
Call it "Peace" or call it "Treason, "
Call it "Love" or call it "Reason, "
But I ain't marchin' any more."

Although the lyrics refer to Americans, The theme applies to everyone. Even Churchill said, "Jaw-jaw is better than war-war."

The most poignant line above for me is "It's always the old to lead us to the war, it's always the young to fall."

You'd think we'd have learned our lesson by now.

prove they are like nazis or your whole OP is crap
and be specific---no stupid shit like '' they are racist'' /etc

Another super-awesome political discussion upstairs.

German leaders have participated in Armistice/Veteran’s/Remembrance Day ceremonies both as an integral member of the Western alliance, and also as acknowledgement for their role as the primary aggressor in both wars.

The leader of the AfD in Germany is challenging this notion.

Does anyone disagree of this notion along with the leader of the AfD?

View attachment 228276

View attachment 228277

It's called Remembrance day over here, not some sort of "Victory day". It's not about who won or lost, it's about the sacrifice of young men and women in all wars since WW1.

I heard many men lying
I saw many more dying

And so many others

Although the lyrics refer to Americans, The theme applies to everyone. Even Churchill said, "Jaw-jaw is better than war-war."

The most poignant line above for me is "It's always the old to lead us to the war, it's always the young to fall."

I dont see anything about women in that poem. It must have been written before the rise of Marxism.

View attachment 228276

View attachment 228277

I heard many men lying
I saw many more dying

And so many others

Our first Armistice Day proclamation Tommy Tainant

"“To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…

View attachment 228276

View attachment 228277

One of your great blue blooded Kings, reining by the grace of God as Elizabeth does now, said this is what the day is about...

"To all my people:

"Tuesday next, November 11th, is the first anniversary of the armistice which stayed the world-wide carnage of the four preceding years, and marked the victory of right and freedom.

King George V

Another super-awesome political discussion upstairs.

German leaders have participated in Armistice/Veteran’s/Remembrance Day ceremonies both as an integral member of the Western alliance, and also as acknowledgement for their role as the primary aggressor in both wars.

The leader of the AfD in Germany is challenging this notion.

Does anyone disagree of this notion along with the leader of the AfD?

The leader of the AfD is critical of Germany's treatment of the British concerning Brexit.

View attachment 228276

View attachment 228277

One of your great blue blooded Kings, reining by the grace of God as Elizabeth does now, said this is what the day is about...

"To all my people:

"Tuesday next, November 11th, is the first anniversary of the armistice which stayed the world-wide carnage of the four preceding years, and marked the victory of right and freedom.

King George V
Its called Remembrance Sunday because we remember the sacrifice. There was no victory and it is inappropriate to view it in those terms. Too many people died for nothing.

It’s absolutely true that having Germany there at the ceremonies is an insult. Germans introduced chemical warfare in WWI which brought much misery and death to Brits on the front lines. Even today the Germans celebrate the German scientist that headed the chemical warfare program by naming streets after him.

But hey, President Trump has to cancel a helicopter flight due to rain and that’s a bigger insult than the Germans who brought so much misery to Allied soldiers by wonderful weapons like chlorine and mustard gas.

Forum List

Back