Netanyahu's unwelcome visit to the U.S.

I am getting the feeling that some of the outright derision of Netanyahu's speech is an attempt to convince oneself that things are really not as they are in the world right now. Things are falling apart all over the place and failure to acknowledge the fact is not going to make it go away, only make it worse. How many of these politicians grandstanding against Netanyahu understand that what is happening in Yemen right now is a real and significant threat to the security of Saudi Arabia? All these things are related. Iran is actively working to control Yemen.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vie...sident-Obama-listen-to-Netanyahu-on-Iran.html
Faisal J. Abbas. Tuesday, 3 March 2015
It is extremely rare for any reasonable person to ever agree with anything Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says or does.

However, one must admit, Bibi did get it right, at least when it came to dealing with Iran.

The Israeli PM managed to hit the nail right on the head when he said that Middle Eastern countries are collapsing and that “terror organizations, mostly backed by Iran, are filling in the vacuum” during a recent ceremony held in Tel Aviv to thank outgoing IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz for his role during “challenging” times.
Great article and not very long. I should probably just post the whole thing but since I did not please go and read it.

Here's a question: Is part of the reason for the West's reluctance to get involved in the Ukraine militarily due to the threat of nuclear war with Russia? If the West thinks Russia might use nuclear weapons what are we going to think about Iran's willingness to use them.

This is why Nut&Yahoo got standing ovations:

Netanyahu Speaks Money Talks Bill Moyers

Everything you need to know about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's address to Congress Tuesday was the presence in the visitor's gallery of one man -- Sheldon Adelson.

The gambling tycoon is the Godfather of the Republican Right. The party's presidential hopefuls line up to kiss his assets, scraping and bowing for his blessing, which when granted is bestowed with his signed checks

Everything you need to know about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's address to Congress Tuesday was the presence in the visitor's gallery of one man -- Sheldon Adelson.

The gambling tycoon is the Godfather of the Republican Right. The party's presidential hopefuls line up to kiss his assets, scraping and bowing for his blessing, which when granted is bestowed with his signed checks
Bill Moyers. Need I say more?

And the DNC pays you how much for each BS post like this?

I am getting the feeling that some of the outright derision of Netanyahu's speech is an attempt to convince oneself that things are really not as they are in the world right now. Things are falling apart all over the place and failure to acknowledge the fact is not going to make it go away, only make it worse. How many of these politicians grandstanding against Netanyahu understand that what is happening in Yemen right now is a real and significant threat to the security of Saudi Arabia? All these things are related. Iran is actively working to control Yemen.

I can't believe people would even CONSIDER trusting Iran either. That is just . . . crazy. Lol.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vie...sident-Obama-listen-to-Netanyahu-on-Iran.html
Faisal J. Abbas. Tuesday, 3 March 2015
It is extremely rare for any reasonable person to ever agree with anything Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says or does.

However, one must admit, Bibi did get it right, at least when it came to dealing with Iran.

The Israeli PM managed to hit the nail right on the head when he said that Middle Eastern countries are collapsing and that “terror organizations, mostly backed by Iran, are filling in the vacuum” during a recent ceremony held in Tel Aviv to thank outgoing IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz for his role during “challenging” times.
Great article and not very long. I should probably just post the whole thing but since I did not please go and read it.

This part is a real eye opener to all the deniers too. Anyone who would trust Iran is just dumb as a stump, IMO.

"Now, some would argue that it would be biased and/or naive to leave out Arab countries, such as Saudi Arabia, out of the equation and blame most of the regions problems on the mischievous Iranian regime.

On the contrary, it would be biased and/or naïve NOT to blame Iran for such problems. After all, yes there are terrorists in Saudi Arabia and there are people who financed terrorism, but these are officially outlaws, who are either in jail, being hunted down or are hiding in the caves of Tora Bora or some other remote area.

The same, sadly, doesn’t apply to the terrorists of Iran; these are in uniform, hold government positions and are not bothering to hide their evil plots anymore."

This is a video from yesterday in Yemen. Iran backed the Houthis and now this is what is the reality on the ground.

I wonder how this goes. One question though, Is this really as ridiculous as it sounds? I think so.

Kerry Arrives in Saudi Arabia to Consult on Iran Nuke Talks - ABC News
MATTHEW LEE AP Diplomatic Writer. Mar 4, 2015, 5:19 PM ET. RIYADH, Saudi Arabia
Fresh from the latest round of Iran nuclear negotiations, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to ease Gulf Arab concerns about an emerging deal and discuss ways to calm instability in troubled Yemen and other Mideast nations.​

Kerry left the Iran talks in the Swiss resort town of Montreux and flew to Riyadh, where he will see the new Saudi monarch, King Salman, and meet separately with the foreign ministers of the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The Sunni-ruled Gulf states, like Israel, are unnerved by Shiite Iran's suspected pursuit of nuclear weapons and its increasing assertiveness throughout the region.​

U.S. officials say Kerry will reassure them that a deal with Tehran will not allow Iran to get the bomb and won't mean American complacency on broader security matters. Iran is actively supporting forces fighting in Syria and Iraq and is linked to Shiite rebels who recently toppled the U.S. and Arab-backed government in Yemen.​

I wonder how this goes. One question though, Is this really as ridiculous as it sounds? I think so.

Fresh from the latest round of Iran nuclear negotiations, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to ease Gulf Arab concerns about an emerging deal and discuss ways to calm instability in troubled Yemen and other Mideast nations.​

Kerry left the Iran talks in the Swiss resort town of Montreux and flew to Riyadh, where he will see the new Saudi monarch, King Salman, and meet separately with the foreign ministers of the members of the Gulf Cooperation Council: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The Sunni-ruled Gulf states, like Israel, are unnerved by Shiite Iran's suspected pursuit of nuclear weapons and its increasing assertiveness throughout the region.​

U.S. officials say Kerry will reassure them that a deal with Tehran will not allow Iran to get the bomb and won't mean American complacency on broader security matters. Iran is actively supporting forces fighting in Syria and Iraq and is linked to Shiite rebels who recently toppled the U.S. and Arab-backed government in Yemen.​

Yes, it sounds incredibly silly and like a bunch of nonsense to me. Deal with Tehran? Trust Iran? Good Lord, what is wrong with our government? They must be stupid, really, really stupid. :rolleyes-41:

You know, I wouldn't even doubt if some of the current problems in the ME were not caused by Iran. That's what they like to do. This could be some intricate plan they've concocted to take Iraq.

The US or Israel can not stop Iran from getting nukes anymore than the US could stop N. Korea...Saudi Arabia was consulted because they have paid for and control Pakistan's Nukes and at will get them from them when they want...

I was going to make a comment about Kerry not meeting with al-Sisi while he was meeting with the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) but I looked and Egypt is not a member. I just saw an article that al-Sisi also met with the GCC yesterday. There is no mention in either article, or anywhere I saw, of Kerry meeting with al-Sisi. Is relations with Egypt really that bad these days?

I was going to make a comment about Kerry not meeting with al-Sisi while he was meeting with the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) but I looked and Egypt is not a member. I just saw an article that al-Sisi also met with the GCC yesterday. There is no mention in either article, or anywhere I saw, of Kerry meeting with al-Sisi. Is relations with Egypt really that bad these days?

Obama supports the muslm brotherhood. He doesn't care for Sisi much and the feeling is mutual no doubt

Obama supports the muslm brotherhood. He doesn't care for Sisi much and the feeling is mutual no doubt
It's been a year and a half. Obama is really going to have to pull himself together and get on with his life.

It's been a year and a half. Obama is really going to have to pull himself together and get on with his life.

He's a small man

Forum List

Back