New US Senate Bill would pay farmers to put rentals on their land

The legislation, sponsored by Sen. Angus King, would give certain rural property owners two grants of up to $100,000 each to build rental housing.

A new bi-partisan bill introduced in late September by U.S. Sens. Angus King, I-Maine, and Jerry Moran, R-Kansas, would pour an additional $200 million into an existing federal program to incentivize rural property owners to build rental housing on their land, such as an attached apartment unit or a small home.

The Farmhouse-to-Workforce Housing Act is just one piece of a patchwork effort to create more housing around the country after decades of lagging construction, aging stock, zoning restrictions and local resistance to building collided with a dramatic change in migration patterns post-pandemic, leaving rural communities in particular struggling to deal with a lack of places for people to live.

This looks to me to be more of an end around local zoning regulations than anything else.

In my AO "farmers" are always looking to convert former tenet homes to short term rentals for NOtVA city people to schlep into for a weekend.

Farmers could always build tenet homes for their workers but I see something else going on here.

I don't think the tax payer should be on the hook for Farmer Johns's short term rental.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting idea, but, I would be against housing illegals because that just makes them legitimate instead of illegals. But, the concept has some merits to it.

The legislation, sponsored by Sen. Angus King, would give certain rural property owners two grants of up to $100,000 each to build rental housing.

A new bi-partisan bill introduced in late September by U.S. Sens. Angus King, I-Maine, and Jerry Moran, R-Kansas, would pour an additional $200 million into an existing federal program to incentivize rural property owners to build rental housing on their land, such as an attached apartment unit or a small home.

The Farmhouse-to-Workforce Housing Act is just one piece of a patchwork effort to create more housing around the country after decades of lagging construction, aging stock, zoning restrictions and local resistance to building collided with a dramatic change in migration patterns post-pandemic, leaving rural communities in particular struggling to deal with a lack of places for people to live.

This looks to me to be more of an end around local zoning regulations than anything else.

In my AO "farmers" are always looking to convert former tenet homes to short term rentals for NOtVA city people to schlep into for a weekend.

Farmers could always build tenet homes for their workers but I see something else going on here.

I don't think the tax payer should be on the hook for Farmer Johns's short term rental.
The government will pay the rent and criminal aliens will be the renters. Then democrats can lie about livestock being killed and eaten by yet more savages.

Forum List

Back