🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York Times Laments Start Of Civilization

When early humans discovered how to build fires, life became much easier in many regards. They huddled around fire for warmth, light and protection. They used it to cook, which afforded them more calories than eating raw foods that were hard to chew and digest. They could socialize into the night, which possibly gave rise to storytelling and other cultural traditions.

But there were downsides, too.

more

In other words, how did the harmful effects of fire shape our evolution?

It’s a question that’s just starting to attract more attention. “I would say it’s mostly barroom talk at the moment,” said Richard Wrangham, a professor of biological anthropology at Harvard University and the author of “Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human.” His work suggested that cooking led to advantageous changes in human biology, such as larger brains.

Richard Wrangham, a professor of biological anthropology at Harvard University and the author of “Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human.” His work suggested that cooking led to advantageous changes in human biology, such as larger brains.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/science/fire-smoke-evolution-tuberculosis.html?_r=0

actually, the wingnuts here take a few sentences of paragraphs out of context and build a faux case. Why? Maybe Mexico pays them to do it? I don't know. Either reading and comprehension is lacking here with boedicca or it's some new form of mental illness

“People keep ‘wanting’ to find a problem for humans,” Dr. Wrangham said, but there’s “nothing obvious at all.”

Humans may not have been able to adjust to all of the dangers of fire. The second study, published last week in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, suggests that with fire’s advantageous effects for human societies also came profound new damage. It offers conjecture that the early use of fire might have helped spread tuberculosis by bringing people into close contact, damaging their lungs and causing them to cough.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/science/fire-smoke-evolution-tuberculosis.html?_r=1

It's pretty telling that after trashing fossil fuels, red meat, air conditioning, modern health care and the other things that have made modern Americans some of the most healthy and long-lived people in history, that the Progs are going back to rethink the various basics of mere survival that spurred human development in the first place.
how you linked those two thing into the article is really fascinating. you should be locked in a ward and studied like a lab rat

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/science/fire-smoke-evolution-tuberculosis.html?_r=1

It's pretty telling that after trashing fossil fuels, red meat, air conditioning, modern health care and the other things that have made modern Americans some of the most healthy and long-lived people in history, that the Progs are going back to rethink the various basics of mere survival that spurred human development in the first place.
how you linked those two thing into the article is really fascinating. you should be locked in a ward and studied like a lab rat

What a whinger. Go play in traffic, loser.

Not really. I like to lay it all out sometimes. I actually think Ace is a joke and has been one for ages

You don't get the site then.
Stop being an imbecile. Too predictable.

Thank you for making my point, dainty.
The bigger joke is the cult followers like LittleMaryMartyAlmostBegan

So people who read a website are a "cult" now?

Lolz, again:

Ace can't stand Trump, and I'm not a fan of him either. Hell, Ace banhammered a ton of Trumpbots when they got too uppity.
Ace is a bit misanthropic, so it figures. And I know that Ace is not a fan of Trump

So how about you try to be consistent in what you are whining about. This is turning into an Ace whine thread by you, so stay off the Trump whining.

Seriously Danity, up your adderall dose.

... ... ...
"xanax" when you have to get on an airplane? :rofl:

My old dearly deceased mother need that. :rofl:

Now I will never get that image out of my head, Marty as an old lady shaking in her boots with anxiety attacks

Actually I don't shake, its mostly internal. And that's only for work flights, for fun trips I just get plastered at the airport.

And panic attacks run in my family, I deal with it without drugs.

Laugh all you want. no skin of my back.

Actually I don't shake, its mostly internal. And that's only for work flights, for fun trips I just get plastered at the airport.

A week constitution? So girly

Spelling+and+Grammar+Nazis.jpg

... ... ...
more trollish behavior?

... ... ...
more trollish behavior?

If you lernd two spel it wouldn't be an issue.

Forum List

Back