Newsom Signs Bills Banning ‘Deepfakes’ and ‘Disinformation’ in Elections

DonGlock26

Sep 15, 2024
So, I was eating cereal this morning wondering why the ACLU was on the milk carton.
So, the Democrats want to limit our free speech because of they are losing the election meme wars.
This is a big red flag that they are really fascists at heart.

Newsom Signs Bills Banning ‘Deepfakes’ and ‘Disinformation’ in Elections
California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed two bills on Tuesday aimed at banning “deepfakes” — digitally manipulated video or images — of candidates before elections, as well as at prohibiting digital “disinformation” during elections.

The controversial legislation has been described as a direct response to X owner Elon Musk, who shared a deepfake parody of Vice President Kamala Harris, which combined real quotes with a fake but convincing Harris voiceover.

Last edited:
I was eating cereal this morning wondering why the ACLU was on the milk carton.
So, the Democrats want to limit our free speech because of they are losing the election meme wars.

Is he referring to the moderating of ABC at the debate?

Wait a minute, creepy Disney are always ok with him...

I was eating cereal this morning wondering why the ACLU was on the milk carton.
free speech. because axis sally and tokyo rose and lord hee haw had radio shows in the 40s, similaqr russian trolls must be allowed to spew hate today.

free speech. because axis sally and tokyo rose and lord hee haw had radio shows in the 40s, similaqr russian trolls must be allowed to spew hate today.
Newsom is the governor of California, not the Moscow Oblast.

So, I was eating cereal this morning wondering why the ACLU was on the milk carton.
first sign of him dropping out of politics?

Any court worth it's salt will throw this out in a heartbeat.

Of course we deal with courts that are nothing but Prog pass throughs all the time.

To be fair the matter of 'deepfakes' is a legitimate concern. There is no consent from the party being faked. I see little problem with that. This nonsense about 'disinformation' is just pure censorship. It is clearly the unconstitutional.

The statist left admits to being of the fascist mentality, I mean they openly support hamas which is both a fascist terrorist organization as well as bitterly anti-Semetic. Yes U R correct about the left wanting to enforce speech control as they are getting trounced in the current POTUS contest, but this recent POTUS contest is NOT the first time the statist left has attempted to enforce speech control. People that lack the mental strength to think for their self ALWAYS look for ever more people control as the ones that can't think for their selves lack any personal power altogether, so want ALL people to be powerless EXCEPT the people that think for them. It's just the way that the current state of humanities human condition(human nature) is programmed to function.

1726675535455.png

Well, Kamala was on video during the debate wasn't she? Is Gavin planning to outlaw the debate?

That is the essence of Free Speech.

Election talk has been ugly and false since 1800. Thinking you can do this only shows just how much you DON'T CARE ABOUT DEMOCRACY.

The only freedoms Californians care about is the right to murder their unborn child and get high on any illicit drug of their choice.

China may as well own them
You forgot the right of illegals to get housing and health care paid for by honest Americans.

Forum List

Back