Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This is absolutely fucking pathetic.

NFL Tampered with Draft Process, Bribed Rams to Draft Michael Sam

michael_sam2.jpg

By Dylan Gwinn | March 24, 2016 | 1:32 PM EDT

“On Wednesday, the Rams were named the subject of this year's edition of "Hard Knocks," the HBO show that takes you inside training camp with an NFL team, but according to a tweet from veteran NFL journalist Howard Balzer, they could have been in the show two years earlier were it not for a behind-the-scenes deal with the NFL.

Balzer, citing "sources," tweeted Wednesday that the Rams avoided the 2014 edition of "Hard Knocks" because of their decision to select Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to declare for the NFL draft, in the seventh round that year.

"Sources say NFL agreed not to have Rams on Hard Knocks in 2014 if they drafted Michael Sam," Balzer tweeted.

Balzer clarified the tweet several hours later, stressing that it was a predraft arrangement between the league and team to save face and insure that the first openly gay player to declare for the NFL draft did not go undrafted.

"That's correct," he tweeted. "Rams didn't want Hard Knocks even without Sam. League concerned he wouldn't be drafted. Deal made."

Neither the NFL nor the Rams responded to emails for comment. But none of this shocked Sam. Sam, who has been out of the NFL since October 2014 and is currently under contract with the Montreal Allouettes of the CFL, retweeted Balzer to make that point.

"I'm not surprised at all," Sam tweeted.”

And, frankly, neither should anyone else. The NFL completely allowed LGBT activists to overtake it, as evidenced most recently by their threats to take the Super Bowl away from states such as Arizona and Georgia, in retaliation for those states passing Freedom of Religion laws that the NFL deems “anti-gay.”

Of course, the LGBT activist talking point that comes out of all this will be that the NFL is so homophobic that they needed to bribe one of their teams to draft Sam. In reality, based on everything Sam did, or didn’t do in his brief stint as an NFL/CFL football player, Sam proved those scouts and General Managers exactly right by showing himself as an untalented and unathletic “tweener” (player with no defined role, not a gay slur) with no spot in the NFL.

The fact of the story, which will of course be buried, is that contrary to being “so homophobic they wouldn’t draft a gay player,” the only reason why Michael Sam got drafted at all was because he was gay.​

thank god he was never in uniform with the REAL Rams team,the LOS ANGELES Rams.:biggrin:

anybody know who rightwinger is by chance? he is USMB's resident troll.he can NEVER admit when he has bene proven wrong on something no matter what the topic is.he would commit hari kari before ever uttering the words-you were right,i was wrong. well for the last two years he said the rams would stay in st louis and the raiders would be in LA.well as you can see from this link,he still says they are staying in st louis this year.:biggrin:

they mystery is solved,we now now what rightwinger looks like in real life.this is him on the left in his raiders shirt crying to mommy in defeat.:haha:

that is ME on the right in my rams shirt laughing at him while i ask him that question.bet nobody had any idea that is what i looked like in real life with fur all over my body huh?:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

12540927_987496307973040_7795006481399132040_n.jpg

Queer w/o real position. Not good enough. Yep, NFL must have laid a bribe on them. Could not let the NFL look like some kind of HomoPhobe group could they?

Look at ESPN recently, One guy kicked out for support of Trump and another before that for ?? I forget who and for what. But trust me, it happened. Big Media and NFL/MLB/NBA all PC all the time.

The NFL is a TV show, why would anyone be upset when part of the script is released?

Hard Knocks is a good TV show by the way. Best episode was when Ocho Cinco got fired!

Funny,

The other day, muddy told a guy to fuck off who asked him for a link; "it means you think I'm full of shit" Today, realizing he is viewed as always being full of shit--he provided one.

Not sure about this though. I intriguing to say the least.

Tebow is out of the league because he blows.

I'm dubious about it; the NFL prints money, sooner or later a gay player will come out while active and accomplish whatever they were trying to jumpstart.

You guys should boycott the JFK to protest

This is absolutely fucking pathetic.

michael_sam2.jpg

By Dylan Gwinn | March 24, 2016 | 1:32 PM EDT

“On Wednesday, the Rams were named the subject of this year's edition of "Hard Knocks," the HBO show that takes you inside training camp with an NFL team, but according to a tweet from veteran NFL journalist Howard Balzer, they could have been in the show two years earlier were it not for a behind-the-scenes deal with the NFL.

Balzer, citing "sources," tweeted Wednesday that the Rams avoided the 2014 edition of "Hard Knocks" because of their decision to select Michael Sam, the first openly gay player to declare for the NFL draft, in the seventh round that year.

"Sources say NFL agreed not to have Rams on Hard Knocks in 2014 if they drafted Michael Sam," Balzer tweeted.

Balzer clarified the tweet several hours later, stressing that it was a predraft arrangement between the league and team to save face and insure that the first openly gay player to declare for the NFL draft did not go undrafted.

"That's correct," he tweeted. "Rams didn't want Hard Knocks even without Sam. League concerned he wouldn't be drafted. Deal made."

Neither the NFL nor the Rams responded to emails for comment. But none of this shocked Sam. Sam, who has been out of the NFL since October 2014 and is currently under contract with the Montreal Allouettes of the CFL, retweeted Balzer to make that point.

"I'm not surprised at all," Sam tweeted.”

And, frankly, neither should anyone else. The NFL completely allowed LGBT activists to overtake it, as evidenced most recently by their threats to take the Super Bowl away from states such as Arizona and Georgia, in retaliation for those states passing Freedom of Religion laws that the NFL deems “anti-gay.”

Of course, the LGBT activist talking point that comes out of all this will be that the NFL is so homophobic that they needed to bribe one of their teams to draft Sam. In reality, based on everything Sam did, or didn’t do in his brief stint as an NFL/CFL football player, Sam proved those scouts and General Managers exactly right by showing himself as an untalented and unathletic “tweener” (player with no defined role, not a gay slur) with no spot in the NFL.

The fact of the story, which will of course be buried, is that contrary to being “so homophobic they wouldn’t draft a gay player,” the only reason why Michael Sam got drafted at all was because he was gay.​

and, nutty muddy?

Tebow was starting and winning QB in an NFL playoff game. Mark Sanchez and Jay Cutler are still in the league? Butt fumble and Redzone INT man. NFL still makes money with that product? We live Idiocracy.

Tebow was starting and winning QB in an NFL playoff game. Mark Sanchez and Jay Cutler are still in the league? Butt fumble and Redzone INT man. NFL still makes money with that product? We live Idiocracy.

Tebow was starting and winning QB in an NFL playoff game

.....And Rex Grossman was a starting Quater back in the super bowl, Don't know what the point is you are trying to make because it is a 53 man team.

Tebow was starting and winning QB in an NFL playoff game

.....And Rex Grossman was a starting Quater back in the super bowl, Don't know what the point is you are trying to make because it is a 53 man team.

Someone posted "Tebow is out of the league because he blows." Maybe he does. but to compare him to this gay guy who never did anything in NFL..........well it got me thinking. Tebow was starting QB in an NFL playoff win. Not many can say that. OT if I remember correctly.

The other point is if "Tebow blows" Sanchez and Cutler blow even more?

The other point is, the NFL rolls in the money (TV deals) even though some teams play these stiffs yet shut out Tebow because "he blows" or he is too open Christian? Or some teams have really bad MGT. I lean to latter. If you can play Sanchez? you crazy. Chase Daniels, many others 10X better than that idiot. Cutler is worst of all time.

Forum List

Back