Nike’s Favorability Drops 34% Overnight Following New ‘Just Do It’ Campaign with Colin Kaepernick

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Who could have foreseen this?

But wait, it gets worse: “Among younger generations, Nike users, African Americans, and other key demographics, Nike’s favorability declined rather than improved.”

Plus: “Before Kaepernick was revealed as the face of Nike’s campaign, only two percent of Americans reported hearing something negative about Nike. After the launch, that jumped to 33 percent.”

Get woke, go broke.

Nike’s Favorability Drops Double Digits Following New ‘Just Do It’ Campaign with Colin Kaepernick

The Einstein at Nike who dreamed up this fiasco is sitting there muttering..."fml"

"Targeted".

7238715.attach

But wait, it gets worse: “Among younger generations, Nike users, African Americans, and other key demographics, Nike’s favorability declined rather than improved.”

Plus: “Before Kaepernick was revealed as the face of Nike’s campaign, only two percent of Americans reported hearing something negative about Nike. After the launch, that jumped to 33 percent.”

Get woke, go broke.

Nike’s Favorability Drops Double Digits Following New ‘Just Do It’ Campaign with Colin Kaepernick
What the heck is "favorability"?

BTW...don't forget to take your NIKE shoes off before burning them.

Get woke, go broke.

WONDERFUL!!!

Levi's will be next they are Americana and these stupid asses are planning on going after the 2nd amendment!

It's an interesting business tactic no doubt. I assume they know their demographic and who is most likely to buy Nike gear. Plus Donald Trump has proven time and time again with his businesses (and Presidency) that negative publicity can be a good thing.

IMO this will blow over in months to come and it'll be business as usual for Nike.

I'm not going to burn my Nike gear over this because it's clear to me now Kapaernick figured out a way to turn his falling football career into millions by using his status to ride the "blacks are oppressed" narrative. Makes no difference if that narrative is full of crap or if it's divisive. The $$$$$ is rolling in while everyone on both sides does the work for him by keeping his "message" alive by constantly talking about it. And let's be honest, no one really knows what that message is. Most people think it's a 1st Amendment debate. It's a hot topic and he's making money on it. Brilliant really if you think about it.

It's an interesting business tactic no doubt. I assume they know their demographic and who is most likely to buy Nike gear. Plus Donald Trump has proven time and time again with his businesses (and Presidency) that negative publicity can be a good thing.

IMO this will blow over in months to come and it'll be business as usual for Nike.

I'm not going to burn my Nike gear over this because it's clear to me now Kapaernick figured out a way to turn his falling football career into millions by using his status to ride the "blacks are oppressed" narrative. Makes no difference if that narrative is full of crap or if it's divisive. The $$$$$ is rolling in while everyone on both sides does the work for him by keeping his "message" alive by constantly talking about it. And let's be honest, no one really knows what that message is. Most people think it's a 1st Amendment debate. It's a hot topic and he's making money on it. Brilliant really if you think about it.

I agree. The whole thing will blow over in a few months and Nike will get back to making money.

They are a big company and this won't slow them down for long.

I’m sure they are petrified. :abgg2q.jpg:

Yes, I'm sure Nike is as casually dismissive of stock drops as some welfare chucklehead on the Internet who wants the entertainment spectacle and the validation of her own sad existence no matter what the cost.
And I'm sure that NIKE has anticipated this and is fully prepared to benefit from the backlash against the Far Right.,,,and it's support of police abuse of people.

I agree. The whole thing will blow over in a few months and Nike will get back to making money.

Remember the Target boycott? The Disney Boycott?

I wouldn't blithely assume that "they know their demographic, so it's automatically smart and we just don't see it". The history of the free market contains far more stories of failure than success, huge companies that were THE name in whatever field at one time, who became obsolete and bankrupt through misjudging the market. Montgomery Wards and Sears once utterly dominated retail, and where are they now? Everyone in the country did all their grocery shopping at the A&P at one time, and now most Americans have never even heard of them.

Time will tell if this backlash diffuses into merely heightened brand awareness for Nike, or if it becomes a permanent bad odor around them.

Get woke, go broke.

BTW...don't forget to take your NIKE shoes off before burning them.

Ask the NRA.

Got any more dumbass questions for us today?

Remember the Target boycott? The Disney Boycott?
Yes, we do.

The Target boycott is costing more than anyone expected

Shall I post Dicks Sporting Goods too?

Get woke, go broke.

Why are you obsessing over it? Why did you obsess over a few dozen kneelers?

Get woke, go broke.

I enjoy mocking mentally defective people.

Thanks for joining USMB. I’ve got some new meat.

Get woke, go broke.

I enjoy mocking mentally defective people.

Thanks for joining USMB. I’ve got some new meat.

Oh you better watch it weather man you are defending yourself and your point of view the USMB daddy might scorn you for being a bad boy .,,,,,.......

Now be a nice little ass kisser to your mentally deranged leftist on here.

I wouldn't blithely assume that "they know their demographic, so it's automatically smart and we just don't see it". The history of the free market contains far more stories of failure than success, huge companies that were THE name in whatever field at one time, who became obsolete and bankrupt through misjudging the market. Montgomery Wards and Sears once utterly dominated retail, and where are they now? Everyone in the country did all their grocery shopping at the A&P at one time, and now most Americans have never even heard of them.

Time will tell if this backlash diffuses into merely heightened brand awareness for Nike, or if it becomes a permanent bad odor around them.

Can't argue that. You're right, we really don't know what they're thinking. But they have the market cornered on sport teams jerseys, namely NFL and English Premier League. They are't going away anytime soon. Sears and Wards business model just became outdated with the advent of online shopping, malls and other specialty stores.

Forum List

Back