NOAA Hottest Year on Record: 1997 62F

Warmers dont know the difference between a measurement and a baseline. They mistakenly believe that the baseline alters the direct temperature measurement.
LIAR!

They are smart enough to know that there is no direct GLOBAL temperature measurement, but rather the GLOBAL temperature is calculated using the anomalies collected from all the different temperature stations all over the globe. The only way that data can be combined is using anomalies which require a baseline average to calculate.

You interchanged temperature and anomaly as if they're the same.

Fail
No I didn't, but thanks again for the Straw Man.
Warmers dont know the difference between a measurement and a baseline. They mistakenly believe that the baseline alters the direct temperature measurement.
LIAR!

They are smart enough to know that there is no direct GLOBAL temperature measurement, but rather the GLOBAL temperature is calculated using the anomalies collected from all the different temperature stations all over the globe. The only way that data can be combined is using anomalies which require a baseline average to calculate.
If you're not measuring, what are the thermometers doing???
Where is this GLOBAL thermometer located that directly measures the temperature of the entire globe every day??? :cuckoo: :asshole:

I thought it was the mathematical average of all the reading from all the stations through the year.

You're saying the average is not an average
And how exactly are you going to calibrate all the thermometers exactly the same all over the globe to use their DIRECT measurements as an average????????

You can't, which is why anomalies are used which can be averaged globally.

LIAR!

Fail
LIAR!

Where is this GLOBAL thermometer located that directly measures the temperature of the entire globe every day??? :cuckoo: :asshole:

I thought it was the mathematical average of all the reading from all the stations through the year.

And how exactly are you going to calibrate all the thermometers exactly the same all over the globe to use their DIRECT measurements as an average????????

So we're back to my outside temperature is 67F what anomaly factor should I apply to it?

LIAR!

Fail
LIAR!

So we're back to my outside temperature is 67F what anomaly factor should I apply to it?
You need the average temperature for that particular thermometer for that day over the history of that temperature station to calculate the anomaly for that day. You have not provided that data.

Fail

You need the average temperature for that particular thermometer for that day over the history of that temperature station to calculate the anomaly for that day. You have not provided that data.

You're doing it again, you're confusing average and anomaly.

No I'm not, you are just playing dumb rather than admit you knew you were lying this whole time.

The local anomaly is the DIFFERENCE between the current temperature and the average temperature for this current day at this particular temperature station.

Now you understand why the Warmers are reporting "anomaly" rather than average temperature.

The average peaked in 1997 at 62F

No I'm not, you are just playing dumb rather than admit you knew you were lying this whole time.

The local anomaly is the DIFFERENCE between the current temperature and the average temperature for this current day at this particular temperature station.

So if the anomaly is 2F, you're telling me that my thermometer is wrong, that it's not really 67F, it's really 65?

20th century average us 56.9. The 1997 average was 62, that 5F warmer than average

Anyone else terrified that humans can be so totally brainwashed and accepting of a total lie in such a short time?

So if the anomaly is 2F, you're telling me that my thermometer is wrong, that it's not really 67F, it's really 65?
NO. Stop playing dumb.

If the average temp is 65F for this day at that station, and you measure 67F at that same station today the anomaly for today is +2F. The anomaly does not change the measured temp, it only provides a means to compare data from around the globe in a scientific manner.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-21%20at%203.19.31%20PM.png

We've been in a 2 decade pause since then
LIAR!
1997 does not even make it into the top 16.

CHART.png

Global Analysis - Annual 2015 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

With the contribution of such record warmth at year's end and with 10 months of the year record warm for their respective months, including the last 8 (January was second warmest for January and April was third warmest), the average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas for 2015 was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F)

The 2015 temperature also marks the largest margin by which an annual temperature record has been broken. Prior to this year, the largest margin occurred in 1998, when the annual temperature surpassed the record set in 1997 by 0.12°C (0.22°F). Incidentally, 1997 and 1998 were the last years in which a similarly strong El Niño was occurring. The annual temperature anomalies for 1997 and 1998 were 0.51°C (0.92°F) and 0.63°C (1.13°F), respectively, above the 20th century average, both well below the 2015 temperature departure.

LOL

drank Obama Kool Aid

The average is 56.9. Is 62F bigger or smaller than that and by how much.

LOL
Oh come on now, I nailed westwall on that same lie in another thread below that you also posted in, and he wasn't stupid enough to repeat it! I even have the same things highlighted that show that 2 different baselines were used in your lie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15281710/

You drank the Kool-aid

How was the 62F arrived at, was it directly measured?
Like Trump, you just can't stop yourself from lying.
As you well know, your 62F was measured using a 30 year average from 1961 to 1990, it is right in YOUR graphic! The 56.9F average you are comparing it to uses the 20th CENTURY baseline. Using the same 20th century baseline for both years, the only honest way of doing it which is why no denier will ever do it that way, 2015 was 0.7°F warmer than 1997.

As you well know, your 62F was measured using a 30 year average from 1961 to 1990, it is right in YOUR graphic! The 56.9F average you are comparing it to uses the 20th CENTURY baseline.

You think the 1961-1990 average was 5 degrees higher than the average for the entire 20th Century?
You have a link to back up that claim?

20th century average us 56.9. The 1997 average was 62, that 5F warmer than average
Using two DIFFERENT baselines, so the numbers cannot be HONESTLY compared. But deniers are NEVER honest!!!!

Much like a batting average, the 1997 average was 62F, that it 5F higher than the baseline does not affect that temperature
Stop lying!

The 1997 average was 57.92F and 2015 was 58.62F using the 20th century baseline for both.

NO. Stop playing dumb.

If the average temp is 65F for this day at that station, and you measure 67F at that same station today the anomaly for today is +2F. The anomaly does not change the measured temp, it only provides a means to compare data from around the globe in a scientific manner.
So if the anomaly doesn't change the temperature, then the 1997 average remains 62F

LIAR!

CHART.png

Global Analysis - Annual 2015 | State of the Climate | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

With the contribution of such record warmth at year's end and with 10 months of the year record warm for their respective months, including the last 8 (January was second warmest for January and April was third warmest), the average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas for 2015 was 0.90°C (1.62°F) above the 20th century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F)

The 2015 temperature also marks the largest margin by which an annual temperature record has been broken. Prior to this year, the largest margin occurred in 1998, when the annual temperature surpassed the record set in 1997 by 0.12°C (0.22°F). Incidentally, 1997 and 1998 were the last years in which a similarly strong El Niño was occurring. The annual temperature anomalies for 1997 and 1998 were 0.51°C (0.92°F) and 0.63°C (1.13°F), respectively, above the 20th century average, both well below the 2015 temperature departure.

LOL

drank Obama Kool Aid

The average is 56.9. Is 62F bigger or smaller than that and by how much.

LOL
Oh come on now, I nailed westwall on that same lie in another thread below that you also posted in, and he wasn't stupid enough to repeat it! I even have the same things highlighted that show that 2 different baselines were used in your lie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/15281710/

You drank the Kool-aid

How was the 62F arrived at, was it directly measured?
Like Trump, you just can't stop yourself from lying.
As you well know, your 62F was measured using a 30 year average from 1961 to 1990, it is right in YOUR graphic! The 56.9F average you are comparing it to uses the 20th CENTURY baseline. Using the same 20th century baseline for both years, the only honest way of doing it which is why no denier will ever do it that way, 2015 was 0.7°F warmer than 1997.

As you well know, your 62F was measured using a 30 year average from 1961 to 1990, it is right in YOUR graphic! The 56.9F average you are comparing it to uses the 20th CENTURY baseline.

You think the 1961-1990 average was 5 degrees higher than the average for the entire 20th Century?
You have a link to back up that claim?
The link was already provided. Why didn't you click on it?

Here it is again:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-21%20at%203.19.31%20PM.png

We've been in a 2 decade pause since then
LIAR!

CHART.png

Too Funny, You cite the heavily adjusted Karl Et Al data sets as proof.. No one with any credibility uses this without heavy disclaimers and warnings about the data corruption.

Outside temperature is 67F, after taking both the 30 year and 100 year baseline into account, the temperature is still 67F
Deniers always play dumb when they want to keep lying.
The 67F anomaly will be different for a 30 year baseline than a 100 year baseline, as if you didn't know!

The point is 30 years is meaningless in terms of global temp averages. Even your heroes have admitted that.

Forum List

Back