Not in Kansas Anymore

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Christmas is coming, and so, naturally, a Guardian writer finds much to fret about in The Wizard of Oz.

Because of Trump of course!

“It’s impossible to watch the newly crowned ‘most influential film ever’ without seeing the parallels to the sickly US of today.”

Oh, ye doubters. Madame Bidisha has her reasons:

“We can read the catastrophic effects of climate change into the tornado that sets the narrative off,”

I didn’t say they would be convincing.

“see the opioid crisis in the characters’ drugged sleep in Oz’s Powell and Pressburger-esque poppy field, and empathise with the mangy Lion, rusty Tin Man and under-stuffed Scarecrow’s search for organ donors and reliable medical support in an Oz without a solid welfare state.”

If you think our Guardian columnist is perhaps overreaching a tad, I feel I should point out nothing that follows is likely to sway you.

The Wizard of Oz is a grotesque predictor of Trump’s America | Bidisha

It occurs to me that if you’re watching The Wizard of Oz you instantly think of Donald Trump, and indeed find it “impossible” not to think of Donald Trump, a man you contrive to associate with women melting in acid, then… well, perhaps you should take a holiday somewhere quiet. Or at least lower the dose.

Last edited:
Christmas is coming, and so, naturally, a Guardian writer finds much to fret about in The Wizard of Oz.

“It’s impossible to watch the newly crowned ‘most influential film ever’ without seeing the parallels to the sickly US of today.”

“We can read the catastrophic effects of climate change into the tornado that sets the narrative off,”

“see the opioid crisis in the characters’ drugged sleep in Oz’s Powell and Pressburger-esque poppy field, and empathise with the mangy Lion, rusty Tin Man and under-stuffed Scarecrow’s search for organ donors and reliable medical support in an Oz without a solid welfare state.”

If you think our Guardian columnist is perhaps overreaching a tad, I feel I should point out nothing that follows is likely to sway you.

It occurs to me that if you’re watching The Wizard of Oz you instantly think of Donald Trump, and indeed find it “impossible” not to think of Donald Trump, a man you contrive to associate with women melting in acid, then… well, perhaps you should take a holiday somewhere quiet. Or at least lower the dose.

Why do you care what this person thinks?

You have to admit TDS is very very strong in a number of people.

Jealousy. I have always wanted a column in The Guardian.

Jealousy. I have always wanted a column in The Guardian.

Well, based upon your level of posting on this forum and the level of that article you posted, you should be good to go.

If you're watching The Wizard of Oz and find it impossible not to think of Donald Trump then you are suffering from a severe case of TDS and should seek the help of a qualified mental health professional.

SJWs have to ruin everything.

It's just a glimpse into the incredibly fucked up mind of regressives.

That Guardiabomination kitty-litter-liner is the most loathsome newspaper in the history of written language. I might remind you that on 9/12 or 9/13/01 they were masturbating/cheering over 9/11, saying we deserved it. And several years later, when a major terrorist kingpin was being deported from the UK to the US for his prison sentence, that thing of printed evil was having a day of mourning, lamenting that this poor, precious muslim terrorist was going to have such "harsh" treatment in America's "barbaric" prisons, the poor dear. When Obama secretly arranged to have the Lockerbie bomber released in 2009, you should have seen how the Guardiabomination degraded Pan Am 103's victims and their upset loved ones, laughing and cursing them to the dogs and back.

I have read plenty of media from muslim countries and even THEY don't have the deliriously paranoid American-hating, dehumanizing, psychopath filth on the magnitude that the British presstitutes have. What does it say about empire-losing, liver-cirrhotic-booze-pickled English pigs when even muslim media manages to be more professional. Don't be fooled by that British charm/manners subterfuge; if you want to see the true English character look at their soccer riots. I'm an American riddled with Irish ancestry and historically, we had to kick these reprobate English cocksuckers out of both of our countries by force. Never has there existed a nation of utter swine who deserved their muslim whoremasters more than England. Fuck 'em, fuck 'em, fuck 'em, fuck 'em, fuck 'em, and just for variety, fuck 'em even more.

Nobody should pay attention to the the UK presstitute .....that scum.

Meh....who gives two figs about the Globlalists across the pond!

UK is beyond help.

Forum List

Back