NRA files suit challenging Florida gun control law

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
NRA-ILA | NRA Files Suit Challenging Florida Gun Control Law
FAIRFAX, Va. – The National Rifle Association today announced that it has filed a lawsuit challenging the State of Florida’s newly-enacted ban on the purchase of firearms by young adults between the ages of 18-21.

--------------------

At least someone is going to stand up for the rights to protect oneself. Hope the NRA wins.

upload_2018-3-9_18-2-48.png

Can states refuse to sell alcohol to an 18 year old? NRA is gonna lose this one. Which amendment overturned prohibition?

FAIRFAX, Va. – The National Rifle Association today announced that it has filed a lawsuit challenging the State of Florida’s newly-enacted ban on the purchase of firearms by young adults between the ages of 18-21.

--------------------

At least someone is going to stand up for the rights to protect oneself. Hope the NRA wins.

View attachment 181602

The NRA is not going to win. Since the legal age for using alcohol is 21, that puts a dagger through the NRA's case. On that point, I hope they lose.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

The NRA is not going to win. Since the legal age for using alcohol is 21, that puts a dagger through the NRA's case. On that point, I hope they lose.

It's certainly an interesting one. Either alcohol sales will have to go down to 18, or gun sales will go up to 21.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

It's certainly an interesting one. Either alcohol sales will have to go down to 18, or gun sales will go up to 21.
More likely the federal prohibition on 18-20 year olds buying handguns will be deemed unconstitutional...see previous post ^^^^

--------------------

View attachment 181602

I didn't realize drinking alcohol was in the Bill of Rights.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

More likely the federal prohibition on 18-20 year olds buying handguns will be deemed unconstitutional...see previous post ^^^^

It will not be deemed to be unconstitutional. Maybe we should allow a 14 year old to own a gun. The Supreme Court has ruled that the federal government and states have a right to regulate guns.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

It will not be deemed to be unconstitutional. Maybe we should allow a 14 year old to own a gun. The Supreme Court has ruled that the federal government and states have a right to regulate guns.

Foureen year olds aren't adults...they can't vote...they can't sign a contract...and MANY rights of minors are abridged.

ADULTS are another story. The feds and state can regulate firearms within the scope of constitutionality and precedent...a blanket abridgement of all adult citizens based solely on age is unconstitutional. Once one reaches 18, they have the same right to self defense outlined in Heller v. D.C. at the federal level and McDonald v. Chicago at the state level as adults over 21. The government cannot deprive them of that right due to the illegal actions of 6 persons.

This is a slam dunk.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

Regulate guns is one thing, ban them is another thing entirely.

1) Minors are recognized not to have full rights, hence why they can be totally banned from owning guns.

2) An 18 year old is not a minor and should have full rights before due process.

So, there's a big chance that alcohol laws limiting alcohol to 21 and above might get put down to 18.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

I hope the voting age also goes up to 21. If an 18 year old isn't mature enough to own a firearm, he/she should not be trying to decide the future of the nation.

--------------------

View attachment 181602

I didn't realize drinking alcohol was in the Bill of Rights.
I think it must fall under life, liberty and the pursuit of HAPPINESS! :)

Forum List

Back