NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data with Israel without first sifting it to remove information about US citizens, a top-secret document provided to the Guardian by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.

Details of the intelligence-sharing agreement are laid out in a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart that shows the US government handed over intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens. The agreement places no legally binding limits on the use of the data by the Israelis.

NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel | World news | theguardian.com

So first they illegally spy on U.S. citizens, which they admit has thousands of violations of their own rules annually, and then they give that information to a foreign government. I wish I could say this was unbelievable, but I have no problem believing it.

The UK also does the same.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I also find this excerpt interesting:

Nor would they [The Obama administration] disclose how many other countries the NSA shared raw data with, or whether the Fisa court, which is meant to oversee NSA surveillance programs and the procedures to handle US information, had signed off the agreement with Israel.

So it's entirely possible Israel isn't the only government the U.S. does this with, and we have no idea whether the courts supposedly overseeing the NSA have signed off on this or are even aware of it.

Mhmmmhhm
sCo_chinscratch.gif

Forum List

Back