Obama granted Saudi Arabia 'Trusted Traveler' status so they could bypass security till 2018

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
The deal is good through 2018. In 2013, Obama decided to add Saudi Arabia to the program so anyone traveling from there doesn't have to go through the same security as everyone else. Lib were silent when Obama did that and now they are mad because Trump didn't ban them altogether.

I think Saudi Arabia should be on the list and I hope Trump can repeal the special favor that Obama granted them.

DHS questioned over decision to let Saudi passengers skip normal passport controls

"A Department of Homeland Security program intended to give "trusted traveler"
status to low-risk airline passengers soon will be extended to Saudi travelers,
opening the program to criticism for accommodating the country that produced 15
of the 19 hijackers behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks."

DHS questioned over decision to let Saudi passengers skip normal passport controls

Oh, my! How dare he?!? (Said in jest)
The deal is good through 2018. In 2013, Obama decided to add Saudi Arabia to the program so anyone traveling from there doesn't have to go through the same security as everyone else. Lib were silent when Obama did that and now they are mad because Trump didn't ban them altogether.

I think Saudi Arabia should be on the list and I hope Trump can repeal the special favor that Obama granted them.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but OBAMAAAAAAA :crybaby:

Dear, he is less than a month out, ya know....
How many years did Bush have to carry that torch for you and yours...

What was that Liberal BS about Bush being 'in bed' with Saudi ... and now this comes out. That's gotta be embarrassing for Liberals. :p

Oh and now look at you b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but BOOOOOSH

I don't recall that as your response when the left did it.

Oh and now look at you b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but BOOOOOSH

What was that Liberal BS about Bush being 'in bed' with Saudi ... and now this comes out. That's gotta be embarrassing for Liberals. :p
Where as folks who understand your entire system is the real issue and that "both" of your "sides" all do the same stuff merely respond with "meh, of course the US lies in the bed of Saud".

Thing is, how many terrorists came here from Saudi since 2013? And who do we have to thank for that? Of course, with the vetting system not being reliable, some could have come anyway but allowing them trusted traveler status just left the door open for all.

Most seem to agree that Saudi should be on the list and yet they have been given special privileges.

Both sides have been friendly toward them. Hillary got campaign donations and the Clinton Foundation has received money from them. Trump does business all over the world.

One positive thing about Trump is that he intends to give overseas profits to the Treasury Dept. Not sure of the extend, but it's a start. Name one other president who refused pay and offered profits to help pay down the debt.

So Oblama was Trumpet's teacher,how dare you imply such a case...

No. Why aren't libs concerned that people flying out of Saudi Arabia can bypass security? Republicans were pissed at the time and it was discussed here. As usual, the topic gets avoided because this is worse than business ties. Even worse than taking campaign donations.

It was customary to grant trusted traveler status to dignitaries who traveled here but to give it to an entire country, especially considering their history, is unheard of.

Their status needs to be revoked immediately.

Also, Trump is giving profits from overseas to the Treasury Dept. While I'm not sure how much that will be, it's refreshing and I've never heard of another president doing that. Not that I expect anyone on the left to admit that it's a generous move. Trump is actually losing money by taking this job. Funny, considering that every other one wound up a millionaire. Even congress members, who whine that their salaries aren't enough, end up wealthy. I haven't been a huge Trump fan but will hand it to him when he does something right.

So this makes him pro Muslim now?

Obama was always pro-Muslim. If Saudi Arabia is a sponsor of terrorism, then I guess it makes him pro-terrorism.

When you look at Trump's investments, some are ones that others, including Saudi Arabia, also invested in. All I could find for sure was investments in hotels. Trump already stated that the profits from those hotels is going to our Treasury Dept.

We invest our money and I noticed that the companies we invest in change often. We don't pick and choose where to invest and leave that up to our agent. When I reviewed our account once, I was upset to see that one of the company's we were investing in was Monsanto. I called and said I refused to do that. I just happened to catch that on a random check and it wasn't there when we first started. It's common for people to invest where they will make the most money. If people in other countries also invest in the same things as you do, is that the same as having business with them? No one can control who else buys the same stocks or invests their money in the same things.

I find that much different than directly taking money from them and granting them special favors.

i don't think the story is true, or it's incomplete....the story is from 2013, 4 years ago and no where on the trusted traveler site does it mention Saudi Arabia

also, trusted traveler just moves pre-approved and heavily vetted citizens or travelers with finger prints through Customs once they land here....that's it...

No US President is gonna cross the Saudis. Our Government sold its soul to the Saudi Devil a long time ago. Just too much money flowing between the two nations. And nothing's gonna interrupt it. Not even most of the 9/11 Terrorists being Saudis. That's the ugly reality.

The problem is that it's Saudi Arabia who must ultimately approve citizens who will receive the trusted status. We have no choice but to rely on other governments to do background checks on their citizens. In other words, the country that produced many terrorists, including 16 of the 9/11 terrorists, now has the final say in granting their citizens this preferred status. Why trust them over other allies?
The program was created in 2012 by the Obama administration. I have to wonder why, in this age of terrorist attacks, would they come up with a program to allow people to by pass security at airports when it means trusting foreign governments.
Allowing a country to take part in this program requires a great deal of trust.

"They asked for "assurances" about whether Saudi applicants would receive proper screening before being enrolled and what steps would be taken to prevent terrorists from exploiting the system. They noted, as other critics of the decision have, that Saudi Arabia produced 15 of the 19 hijackers behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

"Certainly, despite our longstanding relationship with the Kingdom, there are potential risks in opening this program to Saudi Arabia that must be considered," they wrote.

They noted that Saudi Arabia also was temporarily on a list of countries whose U.S.-bound travelers would face higher scrutiny following the attempted Christmas Day bombing in 2009.

The Investigative Project on Terrorism issued a report last week on the department's under-the-radar announcement to expand the Global Entry program to Saudi Arabia -- which was first made by Napolitano after meeting in January with her Saudi counterpart. Any Saudi travelers cleared through the program will be able to bypass the normal customs line after providing passports and fingerprints. The status lasts for five years. Applicants are expected to undergo a thorough vetting before they are accepted.

Only an exclusive handful of countries enjoy inclusion in the Global Entry program -- Canada, Mexico, South Korea and the Netherlands. According to the IPT, some officials were questioning why Saudi Arabia gets to reap the benefits of the program, when key U.S. allies like Germany and France are not enrolled.

The lawmakers who wrote to Napolitano said they remain "vigilant for vulnerabilities that our enemies can exploit" to get inside U.S. borders.

"Expanding Global Entry to high-risk countries may represent such a risk," they wrote."

Lawmakers concerned about 'potential risks' of giving Saudi passengers fast-track status

"A DHS official said that the initial agreement was struck with the understanding that the U.S. and Saudi Arabia will come together on background checks and red flags that would disqualify participants from the program.

The official stressed that Customs will gather a multitude of information from Global Entry applicants including “criminal history, customs violations, immigration violations, agriculture violations, investigatory records and terrorist indices.”
Applicants also need to conduct in-person interviews with Customs officers and get finger printing done for background checks.

Global Entry is relatively new, having been permanently established in March 2012 after a test run as a pilot program. According to the DHS website, it is open to citizens from the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Netherlands and South Korea. The U.S. has also reached a deal with Israel on the program."

Pols question Saudi 'trusted' status

Obama was always pro-Muslim. If Saudi Arabia is a sponsor of terrorism, then I guess it makes him pro-terrorism.
My bad there clementine, had a different [incorrect] read on that OP

Obama colluded with his rich Islam friends.

Why was Obama giving special favor to Saudi Arabia?

It must be for a bad reason, right, snowflakes.

Forum List

Back