Obama: How about we change the subject, mm-kay?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
anyone take this man(Obama) serious anymore...just pathetic
links in article at site

SNIP:

posted at 10:01 am on November 23, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Well, who can blame him? Today’s competing radio addresses tell the meta-story, as CNN reports. Republicans focused on the meltdown at HHS over the ObamaCare rollout, while Barack Obama provided his 387th pivot to the economy:
While Republicans continued on the anti-Obamacare offensive, President Barack Obama largely pivoted away from the troubled rollout of Healthcare.gov, instead focusing his address on the economy.

Actually, you can get a pretty good sense of the news value of each speech from its position in CNN’s report. The Republican speech by Rep. Michael Burgess gets quoted in the second and third paragraph:

Texas Republican Rep. Michael Burgess, a physician and vice chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, called the Affordable Care Act a “train wreck for doctors, a train wreck for patients, and most importantly, it’s a train wreck for the American people.”

“It has now become clear that the reality of the president’s health care law does not match what he promised: A website that was launched before it was finished. Waves of cancellation letters. The sticker shock of high premiums, coupled with ever-increasing deductibles,” Burgess said in the GOP weekly address released Saturday.

Readers have to scan down all the way down to the seventh paragraph to get to what Obama said, and even then the pivot isn’t so much a policy rollout as it is cheerleading for stagnation:

“Over the past couple months, most of the political headlines you’ve read have probably been about the government shutdown and the launch of the Affordable Care Act,” Obama said in his weekly address.

“And I know that many of you have rightly never been more frustrated with Washington. But if you look beyond those headlines, there are some good things happening in our economy. And that’s been my top priority since the day I walked into the Oval Office.”

Obama did take a shot at Republicans over their opposition to ObamaCare:

ALL of it here
Obama: How about we change the subject, mm-kay? « Hot Air

links in article at site

SNIP:

Well, who can blame him? Today’s competing radio addresses tell the meta-story, as CNN reports. Republicans focused on the meltdown at HHS over the ObamaCare rollout, while Barack Obama provided his 387th pivot to the economy:
While Republicans continued on the anti-Obamacare offensive, President Barack Obama largely pivoted away from the troubled rollout of Healthcare.gov, instead focusing his address on the economy.

Actually, you can get a pretty good sense of the news value of each speech from its position in CNN’s report. The Republican speech by Rep. Michael Burgess gets quoted in the second and third paragraph:

Texas Republican Rep. Michael Burgess, a physician and vice chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, called the Affordable Care Act a “train wreck for doctors, a train wreck for patients, and most importantly, it’s a train wreck for the American people.”

“It has now become clear that the reality of the president’s health care law does not match what he promised: A website that was launched before it was finished. Waves of cancellation letters. The sticker shock of high premiums, coupled with ever-increasing deductibles,” Burgess said in the GOP weekly address released Saturday.

Readers have to scan down all the way down to the seventh paragraph to get to what Obama said, and even then the pivot isn’t so much a policy rollout as it is cheerleading for stagnation:

“Over the past couple months, most of the political headlines you’ve read have probably been about the government shutdown and the launch of the Affordable Care Act,” Obama said in his weekly address.

“And I know that many of you have rightly never been more frustrated with Washington. But if you look beyond those headlines, there are some good things happening in our economy. And that’s been my top priority since the day I walked into the Oval Office.”

ALL of it here

NO, I can't take him seriously, so I don't listen when he is speaking. I don't trust one thing he says, and I don't respect him to make sound or tough decisions. The Empty Suit....for 3 more years...

links in article at site

SNIP:

ALL of it here

NO, I can't take him seriously, so I don't listen when he is speaking. I don't trust one thing he says, and I don't respect him to make sound or tough decisions. The Empty Suit....for 3 more years...

I'm shocked 30% of the people still take him at his word...P.T Barnuman was right...If Obama and his COMRADES in arms administration hasn't hurt us and our country so bad we could almost laugh

Last edited:
Obama is an Anti American so I have never respected him for the office he holds and show the highest disdain for him as possible. If people dont like it then I tell them why I hate the sorry POS. Their first responce is, "you hate him because he is black" then afterwards, they understand it has NOTHING to do with his skin color but his policies. I hate Dirty Harry and Nancy "fake face" just as much as Obamaturd and they happen to be white liberals. So I guess I am a racist against white people. :cuckoo: you liberals......

Stephanie: How about we change the subject, mm-kay?

You are simply a cats paw of the board.

971538_536775846414913_1294838642_n_zps78e78c65.jpg

Obama is an Anti American so I have never respected him for the office he holds and show the highest disdain for him as possible. If people dont like it then I tell them why I hate the sorry POS. Their first responce is, "you hate him because he is black" then afterwards, they understand it has NOTHING to do with his skin color but his policies. I hate Dirty Harry and Nancy "fake face" just as much as Obamaturd and they happen to be white liberals. So I guess I am a racist against white people. :cuckoo: you liberals......

1391816_541921052567059_1851939326_n_zps07dd0d3e.jpg

Libs have no defense for Obama when it comes to his failed policies that's why they pull out the race card.

Libs have no defense for Obama when it comes to his failed policies that's why they pull out the race card.

yep, and they use it as a weapon to hit people over the head with to try and shut people up

thankfully the majority of the people (almost 60% disapprove) of him, have woken up to this sick tactic of theirs..

links in article at site

SNIP:

ALL of it here

He IS a joke. But the problem is he is a dangerous joke. We should NOT change the subject until he is out of office.

links in article at site

SNIP:

ALL of it here

He IS a joke. But the problem is he is a dangerous joke. We should NOT change the subject until he is out of office.

that is right, WE THE PEOPLE need to point this out every chance we get...we aren't going to let him lie to us anymore or change the subject

Forum List

Back