Obama: the big giver

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
President Obama has decided to return 5 percent of his salary to the Treasury as a tribute to federal workers facing furloughs under the "sequester," The New York Times reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed administration official.
Let’s see, the president makes $400,000 a year, and 5 percent of that is $20,000.

After he leaves the White House in 2017, he can make up that money about five minutes into his first paid speech. So yes, when you’re president, and set for life financially, a $20,000 giveback to Uncle Sam really doesn’t cost you much of anything.

Obama 5% of salary: He'll give it back, in sign of 'sequester' solidarity

lmao...if true, obama is a poser

$A8IHMFpCUAAhwQz.jpgHe should give it all back, he is worthless and has pissed away trillions of taxpayers money for generations to come.

President Obama has decided to return 5 percent of his salary to the Treasury as a tribute to federal workers facing furloughs under the "sequester," The New York Times reported Wednesday, citing an unnamed administration official.
Let’s see, the president makes $400,000 a year, and 5 percent of that is $20,000.

After he leaves the White House in 2017, he can make up that money about five minutes into his first paid speech. So yes, when you’re president, and set for life financially, a $20,000 giveback to Uncle Sam really doesn’t cost you much of anything.

Obama 5% of salary: He'll give it back, in sign of 'sequester' solidarity

lmao...if true, obama is a poser

$20k is a tear in a bucket to this guy

The 44th president of the United States, author and the most popular person in the world, Barack Hussein Obama II, has a net worth between $2,801,012 and $11,830,000, according to analysis of his 2012 financial disclosure forms. Excluding the $1.4 million in Nobel Prize money he donated to charity and his primary home.
Barack Obama Net Worth - TheRichest

He thinks this meaningless little gesture will prove he is concerned about people hurting across the country. Giving up one vacation or one golf outing would save far more money, if that is what his goal really is. Of course, he still goes on so many that one less might not be noticeable. He did it this way so he could make a bigger deal out of it.

How about keeping Air Force One parked unless it's serious business for our country that needs taken care of and opening up the White House to the people again. It is, after all, our house.

Remember ... He has admonished us "It is that fundamental belief — I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper —"
YET his brother lives in a $12 hut!

He'd do more good by cutting back on his vacations...

Hell, if he had only taken two in the first three months of this year instead of three, the money saved would exceed all he will give back over the next four years...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back