Object to this, and be labeled as "anti-education"

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Laughable:

"
SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics

'In order to learn quantum mechanics, you have to strip to your raw, erase all the garbage from your brain, and start over again,' Prof. Emlyn Hughes said. Against a backdrop of 9/11 and Holocaust images, he remained in a fetal position as two people dressed as ninjas blindfolded stuffed animals."

Read more: SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics - NY Daily News

Clearly, this is a class no one will ever forget. Why does he look like he's "on stage"?

Have you never set foot in a college, rtard?

Of course shitstain.

St. Mary's college in East Bay
Cabrillo College in Santa Cruz
Illinois Technical College in Chicago
Roosevelt University in Chicago

Had classes in a forum, but only theater classes on stage. Never had a physics class or calculus or differential linear equations or biology on stage. Did you?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. Biology, a year of it. And then genetics.

Laughable:

"
SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics

'In order to learn quantum mechanics, you have to strip to your raw, erase all the garbage from your brain, and start over again,' Prof. Emlyn Hughes said. Against a backdrop of 9/11 and Holocaust images, he remained in a fetal position as two people dressed as ninjas blindfolded stuffed animals."

Read more: SEE IT: Columbia professor strips down to underwear in bizarre lesson to help baffled students learn quantum mechanics - NY Daily News

Why the need to ‘object’ to it in the first place, that’s one of many problems with conservatives, they’re always objecting to anything they find personally and subjectively ‘offensive.’

And it has nothing to do with being ‘anti-education,’ and everything to do with the authoritarian nature of conservatives, where everyone must be compelled to conform to the conservative ideal of what is appropriate or proper, and where anyone who dares to dissent or not conform is termed a ‘nutsack.’

Teaching is a creative process, a form of free expression where experimentation is necessary to develop a more effective teaching method. Whether the experiment succeeds or fails, enlightenment is realized; indeed, we often learn more from our failures than our successes.

Of course that’s what conservatives fear: the creative process, the iconoclast, and the likelihood a better method is developed which doesn’t conform with rightist dogma.

It is not education, but performance art and the only way he could justify his behavior is if he tells the regents he was using the psychological theory that people remember things best when in fear or presented with an extremely pleasant stimulus. Everyone associated with this should object and I have spent many semesters at the university and nothing like this ever happened..

Laughable:

"

Why the need to ‘object’ to it in the first place, that’s one of many problems with conservatives, they’re always objecting to anything they find personally and subjectively ‘offensive.’

And it has nothing to do with being ‘anti-education,’ and everything to do with the authoritarian nature of conservatives, where everyone must be compelled to conform to the conservative ideal of what is appropriate or proper, and where anyone who dares to dissent or not conform is termed a ‘nutsack.’

Teaching is a creative process, a form of free expression where experimentation is necessary to develop a more effective teaching method. Whether the experiment succeeds or fails, enlightenment is realized; indeed, we often learn more from our failures than our successes.

Of course that’s what conservatives fear: the creative process, the iconoclast, and the likelihood a better method is developed which doesn’t conform with rightist dogma.

The creative process? You're nuts.

It is not education, but performance art and the only way he could justify his behavior is if he tells the regents he was using the psychological theory that people remember things best when in fear or presented with an extremely pleasant stimulus. Everyone associated with this should object and I have spent many semesters at the university and nothing like this ever happened..

While I never saw a teacher strip, there was a time in a psychology class where a teacher asked me outside of class and unknown to the rest of the class to act out a scene where we argued and then she grabbed me and we struggled. It was carefully rehearsed and then the class was asked to describe what happened in a written report after the initial shock wore off. The event had been secretly videotaped. My shirt unexpectedly ripped off my back. The entire purpose to was discover how emotions affected observation.

After the reports were read with much humor, the video was watched and the difference between what was observed and what was recorded was amazing. And the teacher sent me to the drama department to pick out a shirt from their costumes because mine was unwearable. I picked a really cool military style shirt I wore for a couple of years (but not all the time).

Try to figure out why "practice observation" might be useful.

Now, if you heard a right winger report on this, it might be "female teacher attacks and tries to rape male student. Rips his clothes off".

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand what you are saying and there is a difference between an experiment and the challenging actions of the professor posted above...While, experiments are useful, they must have clearance from the university's board of ethics, or surrogate before subjecting students to this behavior...I doubt if either the professor or yours cleared their actions with the committees. Using this type of article to denigrate all universities and the educational process is a favorite of those who watch Fox News and read The Blaze, so I agree with you. I love the post about the KKK. :)

Laughable:

"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtW79_5HZXo]Peter griffin naked scooter - YouTube[/ame]

Di the student actually learn what he sought to teach them?

That's the only measure of his lesson plan that really matters.

Di the student actually learn what he sought to teach them?

That's the only measure of his lesson plan that really matters.

Not really. If a behavior is not condoned in public it should not be needed to teach a lesson.

To me it's like the comedian who relies on vulgarity. He just ain't funny or smart enough.

The same with this teacher.,

Forum List

Back