Odd, to say the least

Let's not pretend that Obama is running his own campaign.

Would he run his staff if elected?

He makes good staffing decisions. You can tell that because he doesn't make these sorts of basic blunders.

All very true. On Palin, though, I almost feel sorry for his staff. Someone connected to his campaign admitted yesterday that Palin isn't ready to face the press...IMO, that means she isn't ready to be VP. She can't even be interviewed by Chris Wallace on FAUX because they fear she will either tell another lie or embarrass the campaign further.

It seems the backdrop was the Walter Reed Middle School. You'd think someone would have had the brains to realize their mistake before they made fools of themselves on national tv. Times like this make me glad so many tuned in.

:)

pssssssst Palin is a woman

Think Progress McCain Campaign Plans To Keep Palin Away From The Press

Includes a video with one staffer on a morning show saying essentially that.

The McCain campaign reportedly told the Atlantic’s Marc Ambinder not to expect any one-on-one interviews with Palin any time soon. Despite McCain’s pledge of transparency — even proposing a regular President’s question time with Congress modeled after the British version — he has been shutting off press access for months. Yesterday, a Time reporter explained that McCain bizarrely refused to answer his questions, “like he’d been body-snatched.”

Davis insisted that “there are no strings attached” to media access to McCain. Yet just this week, McCain abruptly canceled an interview with Larry King as punishment for a tough CNN interview with one of his spokesmen. What’s more, top McCain aide Mark Salter said that “only the good reporters” would get the best seats in the new campaign plane. “You have to earn it,” he said.

Davis told MSNBC that Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE) “didn’t do a single interview until a week after his nomination,” but the assertion is false. Biden and Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) sat for an interview with 60 Minutes “just moments after” Obama left the stage at the Democratic convention.

McCain sounds like he is hanging on for dear life.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's from an interview with the butterball. I'll look for a link, but in the mean time, here's the quote in question:

If she goes out and makes a mistake, that is something that [voters will] care about, and that's something that will haunt [McCain] for awhile, so I think this is a smart move.

Let's not pretend that Obama is running his own campaign.

I don't get this remark dillo. Who IS running the campaign? I know he has a campaign manager, that's not what I mean, but my question is, do you ACTUALLY believe that Obama is some tool or puppet of the campaign or do you think he has the ultimate say over how this campaign is run?

Is John McCain running HIS campaign? and if he's not why the hell didn't he hire BETTER people? it doesn't bode well for who he'll put on his staff if he can't even find a decent campaign manager who doesn't fuck up....wouldn't you say?

Ravi here is the video you're talking about

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUeqVJplPhM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUeqVJplPhM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Are you kidding me?

DAVIS: We’re going to do whatever we think is the best to win. We have 60 days left and if we think it’s a good idea to go out there and do those shows, we’ll do them.

<head scratch> Yeah?

He is going to do what's best to win, which means Palin is completely at their discretion which means she is not ready to step into the presidency.

It's bad however you look at it.

I realize that both sides want to win. And that both sides will do their best to win. But the details like Palin being kept from interviews, and the definite emphasis on "whatever it takes to win" from McCain is at odds with country first.

Palin was a bad pick. She's no Liebermann, she's no Romney. She's a scary broad that they don't want to let out of the campaign bus! I guarantee if Romney or Liebermann was the pick they'd be campaigning independently.

I think he's hanging on for dear life. THat's how I read it.

But I grant you, she is pretty. :D

It's from an interview with the butterball. I'll look for a link, but in the mean time, here's the quote in question:

If she goes out and makes a mistake, that is something that [voters will] care about, and that's something that will haunt [McCain] for awhile, so I think this is a smart move.

just sounds like more typical political maneuvering to me...sorta like obama balking at mccain's invitation for more town hall style debates anytime anywhere...they listen to their expert advisors who tell them to hold off on it for now...no big mystery there.

Every candidate has a list of reporters and talk shows that they won't do interviews with. No worries--she will show up for the debates and you will have plenty of time to make fun of what she says.

Every candidate has a list of reporters and talk shows that they won't do interviews with. No worries--she will show up for the debates and you will have plenty of time to make fun of what she says.

yes, exactly! :lol: 60 days is an eternity leading up to the election and we will hear plenty more from all of them, i'm sure...

think progress gets so many things wrong, i would think you guys would stiop trusting them
i know i dont trust newsmax or WND
or maybe you guys just dont learn from your mistakes

Not sure who "you guys" are, I just linked the first relevant hit there are plenty more.

Are you saying you doubt that the McCain camp will try to limit interviews of Palin with the media?

Not sure who "you guys" are, I just linked the first relevant hit there are plenty more.

Are you saying you doubt that the McCain camp will try to limit interviews of Palin with the media?
of course they will

just like Obama HAS
and him FINALLY appearing on Bill O'Reilly shows that

this is nothing new
they will pick and chose who's shows they will do and when
no different than any other campaign

btw, "you guys" has entered the generic of basically people, not just "guys" as in males

would you prefer i said "you guys & gals"?

Last edited:
I can hardly wait for the first hard question Palin gets about foreign policy.

This woman is clueless.

Forum List

Back