Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Kill switches on microphones is the only way to control someone like Trump who has no civility or respect for moderation rules - even after previously agreeing to them.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.
ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
Stand down and stand back
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

Possibly. Another reason why trump was actually working against his own interest here.
How so? Trump is right to fight for his political life. This election is being rigged against him.
No, I was responding to the post saying that biden was saved from himself a few times by trump interrpting. Point being, had trump just let him speak, biden would have done more damage to himself.

This is from Joe Biden’s websiteView attachment 394888

Look how broke Ontario is. I dare you all to look. We are FAR worse off than California.

Why? We had our own "New Green Deal about 10 years ago. It has bankrupted us. Sure Wynne got crushed last election, but, the damage is long done The theft and abuse which lead to nobody being thrown into prison.

Why would any support massive expansion of government control of a successful economy?

Clearly the American people lost. If you can’t see that you’re blind as well as stupid.

Actually, Biden won because he achieved his objective.

Trump's objective was to make Biden look senile or out of touch. He didn't accomplish that. Biden gave as good as he got.

Biden's objective was to merely present himself as a plausible alternative. He did just fine there.

Remember, you were the one who said that the debates were going to be the make or break issue. (RIght after selection of a running mate, which also turned into a net positive for Biden)

Binky Biden looked like 40 brick fell on him.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted

ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

Not what happened. If you’re just going to stick to ad Hominems pick a different user to troll. Thanks.

Biden punted

face-palm-gif.278959
Unfortunately this debate encompassed how divided we are.
How can we not be divided when we have a president who condones white supremacy because it gives him votes?

I TOLD YOU this would be a shitshow.

Wallace was half the problem in a group of three. In short, a more skewed hand in the problem. What an awful, overpaid moderator.

What in the hell would he know about blue collar jobs and losses to China? He's wealthy and was clearly not in Trumps or MAGAs corner. Be fair, or don't moderate. He never once told Biden, who used name calling, to tone it down.

Biden's energy plan would be a disaster. Trump is trying to save coal mining jobs for hard working Americans. Biden would destroy all the hard work Trump has done to save those jobs.

Was biden gaffe free? No, but I think he did a lot better than most people were expecting.

Some analyst are saying Biden was on the verge of a gaffe many times but Trump interrupted and saved Biden from himself.
Possibly. Another reason why trump was actually working against his own interest here.

So, how did the Slow Joe win the debate again? :blahblah:

I don't know that biden won the debate so much as trump lost the debate.

When the leader of the free world goes on national television, and in front of the entire world, and acts like that, its not good. Thats all I'm saying.

If this display is still not enough to convince people it's time to elect a third party then I officially give up on America. If 95% of voters are still going to choose between these two ass clowns then let the whole damn country crash and burn to the ground. We deserve nothing less for our collective dumb fuckery.
Thank you for the admission that Biden lost.

This thread and it's trump supporters both belong in the Rubber Room.

The most dominant feature tonight was Trump's total lack of decorum and as usual his inability to not follow the rules. Trump supporters hoped that Biden would appear to have dementia, he proved that BIG LIE went the way of other threads attacking the former VP over the weeks before.

Trump worked very hard to upset Mr. Biden, and Mr. Biden kept his cool until the last moment when he defended his sons. However, Biden maintained his composure and looked directly into the camera's red light and did not attack trump's family, he said to the millions watching, that the debate was not about his family or Trump's, but "your families".

The next debate needs to shut off the microphone once their two minutes are up, and not allow either trump or Biden to try shout down the opponent. Trump will likely have another stroke if that happens.

Biden punted

face-palm-gif.278959
LOL

Not what happened. If you’re just going to stick to ad Hominems pick a different user to troll. Thanks.

ShortBus, I posted that with a link to the video of him saying everything I quoted him saying. You denying reality doesn't mean he didn't refuse to condemn white supremacists; it just means you're a fucking nut. :cuckoo:

Biden punted

face-palm-gif.278959
Unfortunately this debate encompassed how divided we are.
How can we not be divided when we have a president who condones white supremacy because it gives him votes?
We were divided long before Trump. It’s too bad people like you don’t see that.

Forum List

Back