🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ohio Judge Orders Woman to Spend Next Five Christmases in Jail

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013

The judge of Franklin County Common Pleas Courthouse asks the convicted defendants for their favorite holidays -- their birthday, the Fourth of July -- and then sentences to them to spend that day in prison.

The URL is on ABC News. Maybe someone can post it for me because I'm not allowed yet. :(

I suppose if you knew the game plan, you could pick days that you didn't care about but isn't this cruel and unusual punishment?

I think the judge is going to destroy society.

If a judge is hammering her with a Christmas lockup for five years, I imagine she really acted stupidly.

I think it's a brilliant idea. Given the over-crowding of prisons, a day here and there for many minor criminals is just as effective as locking them up for a few months.

Very Cost Effective, too!

Mother's Day or Christmas?

Ladies, which would be rougher for a lock up?

The judge of Franklin County Common Pleas Courthouse asks the convicted defendants for their favorite holidays -- their birthday, the Fourth of July -- and then sentences to them to spend that day in prison.

The URL is on ABC News. Maybe someone can post it for me because I'm not allowed yet. :(

I suppose if you knew the game plan, you could pick days that you didn't care about but isn't this cruel and unusual punishment?

I think the judge is going to destroy society.

:eusa_eh: It's certainly unusual.

And weird. Very weird.

Cruel and unusual? It may be unusual but considering what she did it's a hell of a lot better than pulling 20 or so years straight.

She's a stupid woman and part of the problem.

Thanks for the URL.

Maybe she got over on the judge. Christmas is fun when you are a kid because people do the work for you but when you are an adult, it becomes more work to trim a tree, wrap presents, get work done. Going to jail would be a holiday from work and wrapping gifts at 4 AM. It is also less fun for me because people never give me what I ask for as a present so I would have to buy myself what I want.

My neighbors don't care about Christmas because they are elderly. They get inconvenienced if I give them a gift because then they feel obligated to give me something.

This would be the perfect crime for an atheist because he could go to jail on Christmas and get a 20 year reduced sentence.

Mother's Day or Christmas?

Ladies, which would be rougher for a lock up?

Neither!

Christmas can be celebrated on Christmas Eve as many families do.

Mother's Day can also be celebrated the day before.
I avoid doing anything 'traditional' on the actual Mother's Day because it's a zoo out there!

And the dumb asses answered truthfully? My personal favorite holiday would have been arbor day.

Brilliant! A smart man would probably say "I love Valentine's Day." A smart woman would probably say Super Bowl. Super Bowl is an American holiday, right?

Forum List

Back