Old Folks Rip Rick Scott A New One

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Finally they realize who's really trying to take away their Medicare.
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...horror-stories-obamacare-seniors-volen-center

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) went to a senior center on Tuesday to warn of the dangers of Obamacare and hear horror stories about the law. But instead Scott found almost all the seniors he talked to were satisfied with the new law.

There were 20 seniors who were assembled at a roundtable at the Volen Center in Boca Raton for Scott's visit, according to The Florida Sun Sentinel. But the seniors expressed satisfaction with their health care and even praised Obamacare.

Harvey Eisen, 92, said he was "completely satisfied" with Obamacare, according to the Sun Sentinel. Eisen also cast doubt about Scott's claim about cuts to Medicare that come through Obamacare. But that wouldn't be the end of the world even if there were, Eisen said.

"I can't expect that me as a senior citizen are going to get preferential treatment when other programs are also being cut," Eisen said.

Ruthlyn Rubin, 66, said she expected Obamacare to become more popular.

"People were appalled at Social Security," Rubin said according to the Sun Sentinel. "They were appalled at Medicare when it came out. I think these major changes take some people aback. But I think we have to be careful not to just rely on the fact that we're seniors and have an entitlement to certain things."

Rubin continued that "we're all just sitting here taking it for granted that because we have Medicare we don't want to lose one part of it. That's wrong to me. I think we have to spread it around. This is the United States of America. It's not the United States of senior citizens."

Scott's remarks at the Volen Center included him saying that "Medicare is being reduced. The Medicare Advantage programs are being cut to pay for Obamacare."

So liberals want their programs to be cut? Pleaaaaaaaaase say yes.......ill be happy to put them on the chopping block

Yet the same article from the Sun Sentinel has all of these quotes-Sonia Azam, 73, of Coconut Creek, told Scott she found orthopedic surgeons weren’t taking Medicare anymore.,
A man who said he was in the insurance business said he’s found health coverage under Obamacare is too expensive. And a woman who said she lost her job and is living with her mother to take care of her said she can’t afford Obamacare.

as a side note, this is a Jewish center and as we know most of the Jewish vote always goes to Dems down here.

Scott Went Looking For Obamacare Horror Stories But Found Satisfied Seniors

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) went to a senior center on Tuesday to warn of the dangers of Obamacare and hear horror stories about the law. But instead Scott found almost all the seniors he talked to were satisfied with the new law.

There were 20 seniors who were assembled at a roundtable at the Volen Center in Boca Raton for Scott's visit, according to The Florida Sun Sentinel. But the seniors expressed satisfaction with their health care and even praised Obamacare.

Harvey Eisen, 92, said he was "completely satisfied" with Obamacare, according to the Sun Sentinel. Eisen also cast doubt about Scott's claim about cuts to Medicare that come through Obamacare. But that wouldn't be the end of the world even if there were, Eisen said.

"I can't expect that me as a senior citizen are going to get preferential treatment when other programs are also being cut," Eisen said.

"People were appalled at Social Security," Rubin said according to the Sun Sentinel. "They were appalled at Medicare when it came out. I think these major changes take some people aback. But I think we have to be careful not to just rely on the fact that we're seniors and have an entitlement to certain things."

Rubin continued that "we're all just sitting here taking it for granted that because we have Medicare we don't want to lose one part of it. That's wrong to me. I think we have to spread it around. This is the United States of America. It's not the United States of senior citizens."

Scott's remarks at the Volen Center included him saying that "Medicare is being reduced. The Medicare Advantage programs are being cut to pay for Obamacare."

Seniors don't get Obamacare, they're on Medicare. That 92 year old geezer praising Obama is senile.

Seniors don't get Obamacare, they're on Medicare. That 92 year old geezer praising Obama is senile.
Now the Right is disrespecting seniors, too? That's one of the few groups they have going for them.

I loved the story, thanks for posting it. This had to be the worst move made by Scott in some time. Totally backfired.

Looking for complaints, Rick Scott instead finds praise for Obamacare - Sun Sentinel

Praise by those on medicare? And those that voted for Obama more than likely?
If anyone actually reads the article they will see there were just about as many complaints as praise, yet the title of it is skewed to make you think they were all gushing over something they don't even get. And there wasn't any gushing.

Now the Right is disrespecting seniors, too? That's one of the few groups they have going for them.

nah we replenish our ranks with people who graduate, get jobs and see how fucked up our tax system is.......just like clockwork

I loved the story, thanks for posting it. This had to be the worst move made by Scott in some time. Totally backfired.

Looking for complaints, Rick Scott instead finds praise for Obamacare - Sun Sentinel

Praise by those on medicare? And those that voted for Obama more than likely?
If anyone actually reads the article they will see there were just about as many complaints as praise, yet the title of it is skewed to make you think they were all gushing over something they don't even get. And there wasn't any gushing.
Media Matters, dude. That's all you need to know.

Hey dumb ass, a governor has no control over medicare, so explain how he's taking anything.

You are woefully ignorant and most likely have less intelligence and reasoning skills than that"geezer".

Will Obamacare hurt Medicare Advantage? | PolitiFact

Given your hatred of the elderly I have to ask: Are you a millennial?

Seniors aren't in the obamacare program at all.

liar

You are woefully ignorant and most likely have less intelligence and reasoning skills than that"geezer".

Will Obamacare hurt Medicare Advantage? | PolitiFact

Given your hatred of the elderly I have to ask: Are you a millennial?

nah we replenish our ranks with people who graduate, get jobs and see how fucked up our tax system is.......just like clockwork

Really? That is not what I am seeing at work and at the university I attend.

Graduates generally lean democratic, particularly younger aged ones.

I guess it all comes down to the question

If medicare gets cut, how are retired people supposed to pay for all their medical bills? I don't expect retired people to afford all their bills yet I do believe they should receive all the medical care they need.

Forum List

Back