🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Once again all I can learn, I learn for free thanks to America

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The biggest differences in the U.S is that Americans are driven to challenge and be curious, be it social issues or technology. Nations like Canada are raised to be obedient and docile, especially in Ontario. Is there any confusion as to why America drives forward in the global economy while other nations remain stagnant at best?

I am one of those who requires constant cerebral input. Even as a kid when I was on the John I would read the outside of the toilet paper wrapping, I didn't have an idle mind, I needed constant input. Thanks primarily to U.S institutions, as a middle aged man I can nourish this need.

I taught myself Machine Learner and refreshed my calculus, advanced algebra and the like in the process. All due to resources offered for free by U.S online schools (and some focused Indian youtube brothers who helped a great deal at the time). This is where true meritocracies lie and it drives internally competitive people like myself to constantly push the bar.

Now in my current technical pursuits I find that once again, U.S based online sources and free certification courses (the course is free the certification if I ever wish to pursue it, is not free) are all available to me. I can sit for 10 hours (with breaks of course) and absorb, re-read, replay any the information over again until it is relatively ingrained. There are also numerous interactive websites and inspirational stories that encourage the effort.

You guys don't appreciate how much you have contributed to the progress of the world. Don't stop now, expand this Goodwill.

The biggest differences in the U.S is that Americans are driven to challenge and be curious, be it social issues or technology. Nations like Canada are raised to be obedient and docile, especially in Ontario. Is there any confusion as to why America drives forward in the global economy while other nations remain stagnant at best?

I am one of those who requires constant cerebral input. Even as a kid when I was on the John I would read the outside of the toilet paper wrapping, I didn't have an idle mind, I needed constant input. Thanks primarily to U.S institutions, as a middle aged man I can nourish this need.

I taught myself Machine Learner and refreshed my calculus, advanced algebra and the like in the process. All due to resources offered for free by U.S online schools (and some focused Indian youtube brothers who helped a great deal at the time). This is where true meritocracies lie and it drives internally competitive people like myself to constantly push the bar.

Now in my current technical pursuits I find that once again, U.S based online sources and free certification courses (the course is free the certification if I ever wish to pursue it, is not free) are all available to me. I can sit for 10 hours (with breaks of course) and absorb, re-read, replay any the information over again until it is relatively ingrained. There are also numerous interactive websites and inspirational stories that encourage the effort.

You guys don't appreciate how much you have contributed to the progress of the world. Don't stop now, expand this Goodwill.
That calculus requires some heavy duty deep thinking, but so does algebra. It's obvious that U R up to your eyeballs in CNC which I am not. I had excellent training from the best machinist we had back then in Spokane(Spo-CAN) Wa. from a MASTER machinist/engineer named Dick Flynn. Unfortunately the machines back then, though incredibly accurate like dead on the money when dialed in are primitive(SLOW) by todays standards. I had one on one instructions from Dick on the venerable ole Winona PH-2000(below)

Unfortunately the Winona PH-2000 is the ONLY power machinist tool that I have a reasonable amount of experience with. The tool below has caught my attention but I am concerned that my mathematical knowledge may be too primitive to be able to take advantage of a dividing head. I watched a hobby machinist on youtube break down the Vevor brand(Chinese) dividing head he had ordered just to check it out. He was impressed with the machining but said it had lot of debris that had to be cleaned out of it as seen below;

I truly respect your determination & ability to become self educated like a lot of folks lack the discipline to be able to do that. Design, engineering, machining, fabrication is what makes/moves our world into a better world to live in. Thanks MUCH for your post, till next time!

Forum List

Back