One Example Of Practical Citizen Usage Of Firearms, Influencing...

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
...the way shooting schools, and most likely Agencies, and Departments train going forward. The Eli Drill. Ever since the mall shooting heros performance became public knowledge; Multiple training schools have decided to Incorporate the Eli Drill into their curriculum. 10 shots, 40yds, under 15 seconds. This shooting has challenged the common school of thought as to what likely effective engagement distance is. And raised the bar for what is expected of a shooter performance wise.

A couple of my buddies, and I spent a couple hours on this, and variants involving multiple assailants yesterday. Its really an eye opening experience if you haven't tried it yet.

Single tap?
Double tap?
Mix of both?

All shots at 40 yards?
Or start at 40 yards and advance towards target?

Also, have you considered having a mix of "targets" close together, but only one (or two) being the 'assailant' and others to represent bystanders (whom you don't want to hit)?

IIRC, the range I go to doesn't allow "rapid fire", but does allow double tap if a second or two spacing before next pair. I may need to suggest this drill to them.

Single tap?
Double tap?
Mix of both?

All shots at 40 yards?
Or start at 40 yards and advance towards target?

Also, have you considered having a mix of "targets" close together, but only one (or two) being the 'assailant' and others to represent bystanders (whom you don't want to hit)?

IIRC, the range I go to doesn't allow "rapid fire", but does allow double tap if a second or two spacing before next pair. I may need to suggest this drill to them.
Quite a variety. The full 10 at 40 static to start. Then mixed it up with advancing cover, to cover. We even switched it up between auto loaders, and revolvers. We all have private land, and therefore ranges so... We get to make the rules.

Quite a variety. The full 10 at 40 static to start. Then mixed it up with advancing cover, to cover. We even switched it up between auto loaders, and revolvers. We all have private land, and therefore ranges so... We get to make the rules.
My rather long and narrow half-acre lot doesn't have size and geography for me to make a usable range. I envy your situation. Hence I have to use a local range/gun club.

My rather long and narrow half-acre lot doesn't have size and geography for me to make a usable range. I envy your situation. Hence I have to use a local range/gun club.
I've been there. But it might be a good place to network, and make some friends who do have their own land.

Forum List

Back