Our Country Music Chat

Last night was the first time that I did not tune in for the Academy Of Country Music awards show. I did just now read about it. Congrats to Morgan Wallen and Miranda Lambert on their big wins last night! :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

Go here for the latest concerning Martina McBride.

One reason why I am acknowledging this news is because I have a question about it. What she recently did seems to be the current trend with singers because she isn't the first one to make such a move and what I am wanting to know is the actual meaning of it. Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney were the earlier singers to sell what is in their catalog. When a singer does this, what happens exactly and why is it even done at all? Is it because music isn't purchased the way that it used to be bought anymore now that music can be scored online whether it is legal or illegal acquiring? Also because someone else now has the ownership of the material, can the stuff still be performed on TV and during the singer's concerts? Also, when the stuff is legally purchased, is it the new owner who now gets whatever money comes in?

God bless you and each singer always!!!

Holly

Because I live in east TN which is where Dolly Parton was born, anything concerning her of course is acknowledged on the news here. Anyway, she was just now shown on the WVLT news station, and it was announced that she has dropped out of the running for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. She says that she didn't want votes for her to take away from the other nominees when she isn't even a rock and roll act to begin with.

God bless you and the legend and the other nominees always!!!

Holly

Because I live in east TN which is where Dolly Parton was born, anything concerning her of course is acknowledged on the news here. Anyway, she was just now shown on the WVLT news station, and it was announced that she has dropped out of the running for the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. She says that she didn't want votes for her to take away from the other nominees when she isn't even a rock and roll act to begin with.

Holly
She did write songs that ended up on the pop-rock charts. But I understand here decision. She is a humble down to earth lady :)

Holly

I like all kinds of music but usually prefer classic rock or pop. Some soul.

Go here for news concerning the late and legendary Kenny Rogers. Yesterday marked two years since the day that we had to let go of him.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back