Outgunned in Simi Valley

Suicide by cop...
I don't think suicide was on the perps mind. He was running away from PD while firing that revolver.
Simi PD produces videos for every police involved shootings. That one somewhat edges on a training video. Simi is a bedroom community for LAPD.

Simi Valley... I lived in Simi Valley for a while, not too far from Harley's Bowl.

What a place. The armpit of Ventura County I always called it...

Years ago I was driving down Los Angeles Avenue, the main drag at the time, I saw a couple of kids smashing another kids head against a lamp post...

Simi Valley... I lived in Simi Valley for a while, not too far from Harley's Bowl.

Years ago I was driving down Los Angeles Avenue, the main drag at the time, I saw a couple of kids smashing another kids head against a lamp post...
Last week there was a supposed incident at the high school. Some perv was trying to get a girl into his vehicle. PD posted the supposed mans picture all over media. Turns out it wasn't the guy pictured and they had to give a formal apology. I live on the opposite side of the county. It's a night and day difference. A few years ago Simi was rated one of the safest places to live but I never believed it. Same with 1000 Oaks. The west end of Conejo Valley has gone bad.

Last week there was a supposed incident at the high school. Some perv was trying to get a girl into his vehicle. PD posted the supposed mans picture all over media. Turns out it wasn't the guy pictured and they had to give a formal apology. I live on the opposite side of the county. It's a night and day difference. A few years ago Simi was rated one of the safest places to live but I never believed it. Same with 1000 Oaks. The west end of Conejo Valley has gone bad.

Simi Valley and safe were never words I put together... Parts of Newbury Park were sketchy back when I was around.

I left Camarillo in 2009 for New Mexico. But I lived in the area for about 34 years... Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Santa Rosa Valley, and Camarillo. Dad lived in Moorpark. Overall, it's a nice area, I preferred Camarillo.

I was living in The Valley in '94, that's how I wound up in Simi. The apartment I was living in became uninhabitable after the earthquake.

Simi Valley and safe were never words I put together... Parts of Newbury Park were sketchy back when I was around.

I left Camarillo in 2009 for New Mexico. But I lived in the area for about 34 years... Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Simi Valley, Santa Rosa Valley, and Camarillo. Dad lived in Moorpark. Overall, it's a nice area, I preferred Camarillo.

I was living in The Valley in '94, that's how I wound up in Simi. The apartment I was living in became uninhabitable after the earthquake.
I stayed at the Super 6 in NP once. What a nightmare.

SV is really bad ??
Did you help the kid ??

SV is really bad ??
Did you help the kid ??

I was a kid myself, scared the shit out of me. The only reason I was in Simi that day was to go to work at my dad's book store. He was driving and I'm not sure he saw it...

Now, is it really bad? I don't think it's too bad, at least it wasn't in the early late '80s / early '90s. Things change though and it's been probably 13 or 14 years since I was last there...

I was a kid myself, scared the shit out of me. The only reason I was in Simi that day was to go to work at my dad's book store. He was driving and I'm not sure he saw it...

Now, is it really bad? I don't think it's too bad, at least it wasn't in the early late '80s / early '90s. Things change though and it's been probably 13 or 14 years since I was last there...
My childhood area was mostly Jewish and I thought the country was all nice and wonderful
. Boy was I in for a shock

Forum List

Back