Pass my accent?

I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

That's normal.

You're used to listening to you!

I sound like a Canadian with a Boston accent

In America can Americans know when they talk to a Canadian that they are Canadian as to me Americans and Canadians sound the same?
Oh yeah, I can always tell where people are from within a few sentences.

The "aboot" usually gives the Canucks away.

We get tourists from everywhere here, I can usually tell what state they're from by the accent.

Penn. is different than NY, NY is diff from NJ, Minnesotans have an accent.
Texans and GA are diff..AL, FL, and Lousiana, too.

My accent's so bad, it's been known to make peoples ears flap.

It's funny, but I never knew how hillbilly I spoke till James recorded me one day.

I thought, What the HELL!?

Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

You are a Roma, so embrace it and love who you are...

I have a accent still and I have been in the States long before you were born, but of course mine sound funnier because I sound like a damn frog from Quebec...

"Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

You are a Roma, so embrace it and love who you are..."

He is ashamed of being Roma and ashamed of being Serbian, he has issues with both these things. My opinion is because of how he is in RL this include his Paranoia-Schizophrenia he is not accepted in social situations and so he goes to internet forums to see in this non-physical world we have if he can be accepted in the way he is not in RL. We see that he is accepted but only by those who think him a curiosity and a bit not all there but they humour him etc With his mental health condition this is not good for him, but he is not able to see that it's not. With Paranoia-Schizophrenia the last place they should be is on internet forums and also I add things like Facebook, Twitter, these places are Negative because they feed their mental health illness and with that they retreat further into their own mind which is not a good place for them to be going into because it is often confused with bizarro things eg. hearing voices, seeing things that are not there - the most common form of these things for Paranoia-Schizophrenia are hearing and/or seeing what they think to be God and/or a God-Like entity - I got all of this about Paranoia-Schizophrenics from Mr. Lucy over several years as he deals with them and when he gets home often we talk about the condition they have.

Sad thing is Serbians and Roma are closed minded as can be and after dealing with Serbs I have to say they are my least favorite people and that includes Indians and Chinese.

Very close minded society that annoys me.

I agree the internet is not a place for someone like Mort and I truly enjoy the guy and feel so bad for him wanting to find his way and wish him the best...

Oh, as a kid I had one hell of a time with idiots picking on me for my accent... No one knew I was adopted...

It's all about where your voice arises, from guttural (German) to nasal (French). English is about mid way. Adjust that and your accent will be much less noticeable.

I really dont know how americans really sound but for some strange reason I think I dont have a heavy accent. I dont know why I think that. I think I sound a bit neutral.

That's normal.

In America can Americans know when they talk to a Canadian that they are Canadian as to me Americans and Canadians sound the same?
Most of the time yes. Depending on how far from the border the two parties were raised.

I dont think I have a Texas accent but when I was a kid and visited my Canadian relatives my cousins buddies were constantly trying to get me to talk.....and the Canadian chicks Loved it!!!

In the city of Dallas they did not have the strong Texan accent but in Fort Worth they did, also when in Houston they did also then I go to Austin which I find full of Snowflakes they did not have the strong Texan accent. I went to El Paso and they had the strong accent but also many Mexicans who look like they were related to Pancho Villa :smoke:

Last time I was in the hospital for the Hip a guy down the hall was always yelling about being in pain.
Then he let loose with....AND WHY THE HELL DO NONE OF THESE NURSES SOUND LIKE TEXANS!!!!!!!
The Wife and I were both cracking up!!!

Also Cowboy Hats did not see any in Dallas but many in Fort Worth, Fort Worth very different from Dallas that was like Texas Dallas was more like non-Texan. In Fort Worth we go to Fort Worth Stockyards and I like this and also had an excellent steak in a restaurant there and also that was all interesting because of my interest in Bonnie and Clyde and they had an association with that area and The Stockyards Hotel and Clyde Barrow was from Ellis County which is now within the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Texas Longhorns:

1587750997597.png

The other Texas Longhorns and yes I know Hook Em Horns:

1587751187798.png

^^^^ I do not get American Football but many of my Texan friends all follow the Texas Longhorns, it was during one of their games with I think University of Oklahoma that I had my bizarro incident at Midnight in the middle of Mockingbird when a wheel on the auto went on fire and disintegrated and we could not move the auto to where we need off the main section because hundreds of autos with Oklahoma car plates were going past and in the way and in the end we did move the auto and waited and my friend had to phone her ex-husband to drive out to assist with a new wheel. Of course I myself can change a wheel but she said "you're not in Europe now, you don't get out onto the road in the middle of the night to do ANYTHING"

Why do you want to change who you are and why do you care so much about being accepted?

I have a accent still and I have been in the States long before you were born, but of course mine sound funnier because I sound like a damn frog from Quebec...
Very stupid post you seem not to know that roma have all types of nationalities religions speak all languages and have all types of accents even diverse genetic make up as only a part of their DNA is indian and they have all kinds of admixtures and heritages and all types of cultures there are native English roma so being roma means nothing in this context whether I sound English you are stupid as fuck and I'm pretty much always unique that's what makes me myself and a bit crazy

Well, that's fuckin rude.

I dont think I have a Texas accent but when I was a kid and visited my Canadian relatives my cousins buddies were constantly trying to get me to talk.....and the Canadian chicks Loved it!!!

In the city of Dallas they did not have the strong Texan accent but in Fort Worth they did, also when in Houston they did also then I go to Austin which I find full of Snowflakes they did not have the strong Texan accent. I went to El Paso and they had the strong accent but also many Mexicans who look like they were related to Pancho Villa :smoke:

Last time I was in the hospital for the Hip a guy down the hall was always yelling about being in pain.
Then he let loose with....AND WHY THE HELL DO NONE OF THESE NURSES SOUND LIKE TEXANS!!!!!!!

Also Cowboy Hats did not see any in Dallas but many in Fort Worth, Fort Worth very different from Dallas that was like Texas Dallas was more like non-Texan. In Fort Worth we go to Fort Worth Stockyards and I like this and also had an excellent steak in a restaurant there and also that was all interesting because of my interest in Bonnie and Clyde and they had an association with that area and The Stockyards Hotel and Clyde Barrow was from Ellis County which is now within the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

View attachment 327365

^^^^ I do not get American Football but many of my Texan friends all follow the Texas Longhorns, it was during one of their games with I think University of Oklahoma that I had my bizarro incident at Midnight in the middle of Mockingbird when a wheel on the auto went on fire and disintegrated and we could not move the auto to where we need off the main section because hundreds of autos with Oklahoma car plates were going past and in the way and in the end we did move the auto and waited and my friend had to phone her ex-husband to drive out to assist with a new wheel. Of course I myself can change a wheel but she said "you're not in Europe now, you don't get out onto the road in the middle of the night to do ANYTHING"
Srs Longhorns.

What about San Antonio, though? Okay..I've been to The Alamo and know about Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie.

Viva La America, baby!

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

View attachment 327365

Srs Longhorns.

What about San Antonio, though? Okay..I've been to The Alamo and know about Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie.

Viva La America, baby!

You know although I spend six months in Texas I did not visit The Alamo :omg:

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

View attachment 327365

Srs Longhorns.

Viva La America, baby!

Was Daniel Boone in The Alamo or was he in something else? Davy Crockett had the hat:

1587752037092.png

Very stupid post you seem not to know that roma have all types of nationalities religions speak all languages and have all types of accents even diverse genetic make up as only a part of their DNA is indian and they have all kinds of admixtures and heritages and all types of cultures there are native English roma so being roma means nothing in this context whether I sound English you are stupid as fuck and I'm pretty much always unique that's what makes me myself and a bit crazy

When you are calling someone a stupid fuck when asking do you sound like this or that is amazingly ignorant of you...

Maybe you should focus on being who are and not trying to be someone else, do you understand Roma?

If not let me be clear and you are never going to be consider white or English speaking and to keep on asking the same asinine questions over and over just shows how you can not accept reality.

So grow up punk and remember you are consider a second class citizen in many parts of the World and I truly do hate Serbians and you prove why!

That's normal.

Oh yeah, I can always tell where people are from within a few sentences.

The "aboot" usually gives the Canucks away.

We get tourists from everywhere here, I can usually tell what state they're from by the accent.

Penn. is different than NY, NY is diff from NJ, Minnesotans have an accent.
Texans and GA are diff..AL, FL, and Lousiana, too.

My accent's so bad, it's been known to make peoples ears flap.

It's funny, but I never knew how hillbilly I spoke till James recorded me one day.

I thought, What the HELL!?

Mine comes out the more I drink and the farther away I get from town.

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

View attachment 327365

Srs Longhorns.

Viva La America, baby!

You really missed out on something special.
I get goosebumps every time I set foot in the place.
From the pock marked walls from bullet hits and the history,it's truly an amazing experience.

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

View attachment 327365

Srs Longhorns.

Viva La America, baby!

Was Daniel Boone in The Alamo or was he in something else? Davy Crockett had the hat:

View attachment 327367

Nope he wasnt there.
They were 52 years apart in age.

Also I just remember one time when I was in Texas it was approx 2PM I know this because of the European Football times and so Bayern were playing I cannot remember who playing but it was a crucial game and I was having to phone my Papa to get updates on the game and then a few days later a friend say they have these Sports Bars things and the one they liked was in Addison, Texas called The Londoner because they show ALL the European League games etc and so whenever Bayern were playing we would go to The Londoner to watch the game.

They have a website and so if anyone is in Dallas-Fort Worth anytime Post-COVID-19 lockdown in Texas I recommend to visit The Londoner, it is not a bar it is well they call it a British Pub and it is owned by Ex-Pats from London also, the food not that interesting as they do all that British food that is very boring:

Here are pictures of it:

1587753028932.png

1587753084073.png

1587753118727.png

The below of course as involving ice cream is to be recommended off The Londoner's Menu and illustrating that The Londoner is NOT Politically Correct the below ice cream creation this they call The Irish Car Bomb and it has Bailey's Irish Cream ice cream:

1587753272417.png

Last edited:

Texas Longhorns:

View attachment 327363

View attachment 327365

Srs Longhorns.

Viva La America, baby!

You really missed out on something special.
I get goosebumps every time I set foot in the place.
From the pock marked walls from bullet hits and the history,it's truly an amazing experience.

When I next visit Texas I will go to The Alamo :)

Also I just remember one time when I was in Texas it was approx 2PM I know this because of the European Football times and so Bayern were playing I cannot remember who playing but it was a crucial game and I was having to phone my Papa to get updates on the game and then a few days later a friend say they have these Sports Bars things and the one they liked was in Addison, Texas called The Londoner because they show ALL the European League games etc and so whenever Bayern were playing we would go to The Londoner to watch the game.

They have a website and so if anyone is in Dallas-Fort Worth anytime Post-COVID-19 lockdown in Texas I recommend to visit The Londoner, it is not a bar it is well they call it a British Pub and it is owned by Ex-Pats from London also, the food not that interesting as they do all that British food that is very boring:

View attachment 327376

View attachment 327378

View attachment 327379

The below of course as involving ice cream is to be recommended off The Londoner's Menu and illustrating that The Londoner is NOT Politically Correct the below ice cream creation this they call The Irish Car Bomb and it has Bailey's Irish Cream ice cream:

View attachment 327381

We have a shit ton of Pubs like that in our area.
Being in the Energy Corridor there are a bunch of people from BP and other British petroleum companies.

Forum List

Back