Past girlfriend committed suicide...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Damn. Ugh...
A girl I dated for two and a half years many years ago killed herself last Saturday.
We were just teenagers, but were really pretty close.
She ended up living about 5 states away. I talked to her a couple times in the early 90's.
But not since.
She was the "first love" for me. You never really get past that one. Always wonder from time to time are they doing well, who did they marry etc. etc. Hoping they are happy.

This sucks. :(

Sorry to hear that. Even though you have not talked to her in decades she was still a part of your life. What goes on behind the scenes in a suicide are never really understood

Best wishes to you and her family

I vividly remember girls I dated only for a few months, decades ago. Hard to imagine one of them killing herself, much less girls I dated for years. No telling what's in people's heads. Very sad.

Hard to understand.
She had a 12 year old son...holy shit the poor kid.
She was a very cheerful, fun loving girl way back then. She was a blast to be around.
And spunky...oh hell...she took crap from no one...including me!
She definitely gave me the best summer of my life in 1982. Noooo doubt.
It's weird...rightwinger nailed it..."part of your life". I have a great wife and two fantastic kids, I regret absolutely nothing and have been fortunate in so many ways.
But still...something is not there now.
Weird...hard to explain.

Hard to understand.
She had a 12 year old son...holy shit the poor kid.
She was a very cheerful, fun loving girl way back then. She was a blast to be around.
And spunky...oh hell...she took crap from no one...including me!
She definitely gave me the best summer of my life in 1982. Noooo doubt.
It's weird...rightwinger nailed it..."part of your life". I have a great wife and two fantastic kids, I regret absolutely nothing and have been fortunate in so many ways.
But still...something is not there now.
Weird...hard to explain.

I think sometimes of people who used to be part of my life, childhood friends, high school friends, friends from jobs, ex girlfriends, etc. These are people I don't need in my life now, but at certain points they were very important to me and helped form who I am now. Gone but not forgotten.

Forum List

Back