Pay Cut For Congress: Yea Or Nay?

Pay Cut For Congress

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
On Thursday, Mega-Millionaire House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said she was against cutting Congressional pay because it would undermine the dignity of her job. But what do you all think?

Last edited:
I think their pay should be cut in half and all perks eliminated. Also every bill they pass into law should apply to them just as it does for everybody else.

Take it a step further... Cut it to the point that they need to get real jobs. That should eliminate those who seek to get rich off of the taxpayers they are supposed ot serve.

On Thursday, Billionaire House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said she was against cutting Congressional pay because it would undermine the dignity of her job. But what do you all think?

what is it w/ you people & the inability to provide links? :eusa_eh:

What is it with you people and your inability to search for things on your own?

"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

Read more: Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job - The Hill

On Thursday, Billionaire House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said she was against cutting Congressional pay because it would undermine the dignity of her job. But what do you all think?

Politicians have no dignity.

Cut their pay until they pass a balanced budget.

The issue has nothing to do with congressional pay, but the failure of voters to hold elected representatives accountable.

Whatever the perceived failures of Congress, the blame lies with the voters.

Politicians have no dignity.

Undermining the dignity of Congress would be no more possible than to corrupt the chastity of a whorehouse.

The notion of Congressional dignity is absurd at best. One would better try to argue the intellectual merits of a truthmatters or thanatos post.

You didn't leave a choice to vote "Aye". I really wanted Aye.

Congress shouldn't be a career goal. They should view the job the same as military service, for the same reason. They should be sequestered in dorms and not paid a salary at all. Free meals, and automatic restraining orders on all lobbyists. Let 'em take the role of serving their constituents. Only those who are truly dedicated to that service would run again.

Last edited:
At $177,000 a year

They are underpaid

Underpaid???

They work roughly a 150 days a year, consistently make some of the dumbest mistakes known to man...

So based on your logic (really lack of knowledge), we should pay them more...

And we wonder how we have Oblamer...

RW, your the Idiots Idiot...

Wear it with pride...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

At $177,000 a year

They are underpaid

Underpaid???

They work roughly a 150 days a year, consistently make some of the dumbest mistakes known to man...

So based on your logic (really lack of knowledge), we should pay them more...

And we wonder how we have Oblamer...

RW, your the Idiots Idiot...

Wear it with pride...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mid level executives make more than that

Forum List

Back