Pelosi say WHAT?????????????

watching the insurance cabal's stocks spike up is all i really need to know about this bill

Neither mentioned that the Senate health reform bill, which is the basis for Democrats' last best chance at comprehensive reform, would give the insurance companies millions of new customers required by law to buy health insurance. It would also require insurers to cover everyone, regardless of age, gender or pre-existing condition.

To help pay for the new insurance requirements the government would give to people money to buy insurance - $336 billion over the next ten years. That money, ultimately, would have to go to... drum roll... insurance companies.
A Complicated Enemy: Obama Seeks to Vilify Health Insurers, Give Them $336 Billion Check - The Note

We have to wait until after its passed to see what's in it? I woke up to something on the news that said they attached a college entitlement to the new bill. Does anyone know anything about this?

Oh yes, don't you know that the nationalization of the student loans goes hand-in-hand with health care?

Senate Democratic leaders have decided to pair an overhaul of federal student lending with healthcare reform, according to a Democratic official familiar with negotiations.

“It’s going in,” said the Democratic source, in reference to the student lending measure.

Dem plan to pair health reform, student lending complicates vote - TheHill.com

I hope they stick it in and blow any fucking chance at this monstrosity of this health crap passing.

It makes more sense when you look at the entire script. But saying that, Nancy needs to learn to initiate brain before using tongue...

We have to wait until after its passed to see what's in it? I woke up to something on the news that said they attached a college entitlement to the new bill. Does anyone know anything about this?

Oh yes, don't you know that the nationalization of the student loans goes hand-in-hand with health care?

Senate Democratic leaders have decided to pair an overhaul of federal student lending with healthcare reform, according to a Democratic official familiar with negotiations.

“It’s going in,” said the Democratic source, in reference to the student lending measure.

I hope they stick it in and blow any fucking chance at this monstrosity of this health crap passing.

If reconcilliation is just to "tweak" a bill, what in the hell do they call this student loan add-on?

How can anyone defend this comment. I mean this is just laughable and disgusting.

I'll take a shot, only because I'm bored and you asked nicely.

1 - Nancy has a pull cord which activates random statements.
2 - Another case of an open mike near a politican.
3 - It is the truth, which is quite an accomplishment for Nancy.
4 - She is functionally illiterate.
5 - Like any novel, sometimes you just want to jump to the end and see how it turns out.
6 - It doesn't matter to Nancy, she's already embalmed.
7 - If you were going home for Easter to a bunch of liberal kooks, you'd be in a hurry too.
8 - She is tired of listening to 0bama whine about health care on the phone.
9 - Nancy doesn't take much of anything seriously, except an expanding power base.

Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

Looks like they want to micro manage your ass.

Comeon now Art. Don't rain on Terry's partisan parade this morning.

I thought it was an extremely stupid thing to say.

We already don't trust these people...and they want us to trust them...let them pass this piece of shit...and then wait to see what's going to happen.

Sorry, because they can't be trusted that is about as stupid as you can get.

I don't think allowing them to set us up for God only knows what in the future makes a whole heck of a lot of sense....especially after what we've witnessed the last year or so.

How do Rs know it's a piece of shit if it's being hidden or nobody knows what is in it?
Hey you the dunce...it is a piece of shit because the fact that they are hiding it. If it is so good then why all the close door hiding bull shit. You partisan hack.

If reconcilliation is just to "tweak" a bill, what in the hell do they call this student loan add-on?

Anyone on the left want to field this question? :eusa_whistle:

Anyone on the left want to field this question? :eusa_whistle:

I take it the silence means no.

I think the answer goes something like, you don't want people to get learned through edumacation? Racist.

Here's the answer you're looking for; pay no attention to sarah g's overused rhetoric.

"The White House and Democratic leaders are considering wrapping a student loan reform bill into the reconciliation "fix it" bill the Senate plans to pass for health care reform. At least nine senators, however, now oppose the plan, complicating Democrats' plans to finish health care reform as quickly as possible."

from CBS website

Here's the answer you're looking for; pay no attention to sarah g's overused rhetoric.

"The White House and Democratic leaders are considering wrapping a student loan reform bill into the reconciliation "fix it" bill the Senate plans to pass for health care reform. At least nine senators, however, now oppose the plan, complicating Democrats' plans to finish health care reform as quickly as possible."

from CBS website

They won't jeopardize the bill, and will separate the two

Basically what its coming down to is this; the middle class will have to pay for healthcare,

education, social security, all while trying to support their own families by getting no

entitlements and paying for all their own stuff on top of paying for everyone else's.

Last edited:
Terry, once healthcare reform is passed, it will win or lose on it's own merit. I contend Republicans don't want to see it succeed and thus pick apart every positive comment anyone, not just Pelosi, have to say about it.

Please learn the difference between wanting health care reform and wanting the democrats version of health care reform.

:lol: You all are beside yourselves over this. Just relax and let the Democrats take the heavy lifting here, party of no brains.

Your better than this Sarah.
I for one don't trust our government, democrats, and republicans. They have given us plenty of reasons not to.

Please learn the difference between wanting health care reform and wanting the democrats version of health care reform.
:lol: You all are beside yourselves over this. Just relax and let the Democrats take the heavy lifting here, party of no brains.

I for one don't trust our government, democrats, and republicans. They have given us plenty of reasons not to.

No you're pretty much seeing a dead on impression of a democrat.
Ugly isn't it.

Last edited:

Hi Meister, why do I always have to be the one better than this? :razz:

I still like you and ZB, we just disagree on who is worthy of our disdain. Pelosi is very good at what she does, she just doesn't communicate it all that well. Preoccupied I think.

Hi Meister, why do I always have to be the one better than this? :razz:

I still like you and ZB, we just disagree on who is worthy of our disdain. Pelosi is very good at what she does, she just doesn't communicate it all that well. Preoccupied I think.

Oh, I think she made it perfectly clear what she meant. "We know what's in it and it's good for you. Trust us." Give me a break.

How would you view this if it were a Republican president and congress trying to take over 1/6 of the economy under the guise of 'reform'?

Forum List

Back