🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Penalty for Ignoring Park Closure

jimmm

Rookie
Oct 6, 2013
Yesterday we went out to go hiking, but found our typical trails closed by the gov't shutdown. There were several cars parked along the highway, and I'm positive these people ignored the closure and hiked the trails anyway.

So, does anyone know the penalty if we were to get caught on the closed trails? I'm not sure if there are any Rangers out and about, but just wondering about the real-world penalties if we crossed the line and got busted?

Thanks

How can they penalize you? They couldn't possibly know you are there because the staff is on leave, right?

Yesterday we went out to go hiking, but found our typical trails closed by the gov't shutdown. There were several cars parked along the highway, and I'm positive these people ignored the closure and hiked the trails anyway.

So, does anyone know the penalty if we were to get caught on the closed trails? I'm not sure if there are any Rangers out and about, but just wondering about the real-world penalties if we crossed the line and got busted?

Thanks

Whatever the punishment for criminal trespass in your state is.

Correction: It is federal. Whatever the punishment is for criminal trespass on federal property. My bad.

Last edited:
This guy was caught hiking on a closed trail during a government shutdown.

electric_chair2.jpg

True story....

Officially, as Sunshine posted.

Realistically, unless you're doing something stupid, probably, "Place is closed, dude. You gotta scram right now."

Thanks

Homeland Security has stocked up on 2 Billions bullets...there are 315M people in the U.S.

Do The Maths.

It's an interesting issue. How does the federal government get to close parks that belong to the people of the United States? Because the Smokey Bears are laid off? It's a case for States taking back their own land.

Forum List

Back