Perfect movies...movies that give you everything you hoped for, and you can watch and feel good.....

Here is one....

John Wick.....the first movie was a perfect movie......the last two, and likely the next one, were all just "more," not "better."

But the first John Wick was a perfect, small movie.....rewatchable whenever it is on.........that scene in the pool room of the night club is great..........
Agreed on number 1. I didn't like no. 2 at first, but it grew on me with the background story. It is a heavier story to deal with. I think it is longer too.

I am looking forward to Monday night so I can check out 4.

I'm not talking about the blockbusters here....I am talking about the smaller movies that are everything you want in a movie, and you feel good everytime you watch them....they don't change the world, they don't win awards, but they are perfect movies in every way they do things...

For me?

Rustler's Rhapsody
Blade
LadyHawk
The Crow
Blood of Heroes
Zoro the Gay Blade
Gotcha
Zombieland

more recently,

Bullet Train

I'll add to the list as I think of more....
I think the first season of Ted Lasso is amazingly uplifting - and I cringe at using that term.

Literally no one will agree with my list.

Gettysburg
Fury
Saving Private Ryan
The Patriot
We Were Soldiers
Halloween

Try to guess which genre I like the best.
SPOILER
re: Saving Private Ryan
At the end, When the elderly Matt Damon gets to Tom Hank's grave and tells him he tried... I haven't cried that hard at a movie since I was a little kid.

The Menu.........keeps you interested the whole time......horror movie but very well made..........

"We were Soldiers" Mel Gibson. The left liberal Hollywood establishment hated it because it showed the U.S. Military as heroes in Vietnam instead of psychotic outcasts.

Apocalypse Now
Brazil
Reservoir Dogs
Blazing Saddles
Repo Man
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

The Station Agent
Down Periscope
Chef
Tortilla Soup
Guarding Tess
Galaxy Quest
Quigley Down Under
The Count of Monte Cristo
My Fellow Americans

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head...

All three of the Librarian movies
French Kiss
Two Weeks Notice
Clambake
Viva Las Vegas
Franky and Johnny
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Eldorado
Five Card Stud
Forever Amber
On a Clear Day
All of The Jesse Stone Movies
All Three Star Trek movies w/Chris Pine
Fantastic 4 movies w/Chris Evans
You mentioned Chris Pine in the new Star Trek movies.

I think he was the perfect choice as Kirk. To hell with the diehards that have a problem the with changed timeline, I love the new movies and choice of actors to carry on the role.

I think he was the perfect choice as Kirk. To hell with the diehards that have a problem the with changed timeline, I love the new movies and choice of actors to carry on the role.

Yeah...not a fan of PIne.......not a good fit for Kirk.

I like Pine as CPT Kirk
He has the attitude and swagger of Kirk but is not doing a William Shatner imitation

Forum List

Back