Picked up my new .22 pistol

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
The Duck's errrrr, Duke's favorite manufacturer, Kel-Tec P17. Light as a feather, came with three mags and should be a great personal defen......., ummmmm, I mean plinker.

P17 1.jpg

P17 2.jpg

P 17 3.jpg

The Duck's errrrr, Duke's favorite manufacturer, Kel-Tec P17. Light as a feather, came with three mags and should be a great personal defen......., ummmmm, I mean plinker.

View attachment 744760

View attachment 744761

View attachment 744764
very cute-----but very lite----even a child can pull that little trigger-----it does look like a toy. I am no
expert --BUT even aimed at the head (of an adult)
it ain't no INSTANT "neutralizer" Kids are a different matter

very cute-----but very lite----even a child can pull that little trigger-----it does look like a toy. I am no
expert --BUT even aimed at the head (of an adult)
it ain't no INSTANT "neutralizer" Kids are a different matter
No children here other than the one that refuses to grow up........ Me........ :)

I like the rail under the barrel.

An afternoon with a good .22, shooting targets or tin cans is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

My friend has that piece. Initially out of the box he had some issues with it but since it works fine.
If he/she bought it when they first came out it did have some teething issues that have since been fixed. However they discovered that with some one of the rear rails gets slightly bent during the manufacturing process and can cause the slide to stick in the open position after firing a round. They will fix or replace it for free unless it was bought used.

Why are you poo pooing that gun? Ever held or even shot one? Like most people that shit on something they only heard about, most likely that's the case.
She probably stroke out seeing the UTAs UT9 I bought before this one.........

UT9 2 .jpg

If he/she bought it when they first came out it did have some teething issues that have since been fixed. However they discovered that with some one of the rear rails gets slightly bent during the manufacturing process and can cause the slide to stick in the open position after firing a round. They will fix or replace it for free unless it was bought used.
His had a feed issue but after 5 or 6 rounds it has been good using CCI. At such a low price maybe it's to be expected to have some issues.

View attachment 744760

View attachment 744761

View attachment 744764
The .22 kills more than any other round.

Why are you poo pooing that gun? Ever held or even shot one? Like most people that shit on something they only heard about, most likely that's the case.
Yes----a 22 rifle at a target----of colorful concentric
rings-----I missed------but I have seen the Xrays----
even a 22 caliber bullet CAN GET INTO THE BRAIN---
not often ----but sometimes

His had a feed issue but after 5 or 6 rounds it has been good using CCI. At such a low price maybe it's to be expected to have some issues.
Typically these eat everything they are fed though Kel-Tec recommends high velocity rounds.

Yes----a 22 rifle at a target----of colorful concentric
rings-----I missed------but I have seen the Xrays----
even a 22 caliber bullet CAN GET INTO THE BRAIN---
not often ----but sometimes

So can a hammer, a screwdriver, or a rock.

The .22 kills more than any other round.
Especially in WMR, it's deadly.

BTW, when I said the grip was pretty good I meant it's not great but could be worse. If the grip was any wider it would be boxy like a Glock and I'd have regretted buying it.

Forum List

Back