Planned parenthood will have access to ss#, tax, medical information

daveman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2010
PLANNED PARENTHOOD WILL HAVE ACCESS TO SS#, TAX, MEDICAL INFORMATION
If you thought that it was frightening enough that the federal government was spying on you and had access to your personal information, get ready: Planned Parenthood is about to obtain access to your Social Security number, tax form, bank account, and medical records.

With the advent of ObamaCare, consumers buying health insurance through health care exchanges will be required to speak to “navigators.” “Navigators” are supposed to help consumers find the best coverage and ascertain whether they are eligible for a federal subsidy. Any “navigator” will have access to the federal data hub, which holds information from the Department of Health and Human Services, the IRS, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Defense Department, the Office of Personnel Management, the Veterans Health Administration, and the Peace Corps.
Planned Parenthood received $655,000 from the Obama administration to hire navigators.

In Iowa, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland received $214,427; in Montana, Intermountain Planned Parenthood, Inc. got $295,604; and in New Hampshire, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England raked in $145,161.And there is not much scrutiny over who these “navigators” will be; HHS will not require background checks or fingerprinting, and a previous criminal conviction, even if it was for identity theft , will not trigger a rejection. To make matters worse, the administration has cut the new employees’ training from 30 hours to 20 and reduced screening.

Thirteen state attorney generals wrote to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on August 14, blistering the idea. They said the Obama Administration had “failed to adequately protect the privacy” of American citizens. They added:

As it now stands, it is inevitable that HHS's vague 'standards' will result in improperly screened or inadequately trained personnel... Unscrupulous counselors who are not properly screened or supervised, will have easy means to commit identity theft on consumers seeking enrollment assistance.​

There have been incidents that lend credence to the fears conservatives, in particular, would have about this new revelation. The National Organization for Marriage discovered that its tax forms were leaked to a gay rights organization and actually printed on The Huffington Post by an IRS employee.​
Unacceptable.

More rightwing paranoia and misrepresentation of Obamacare

Yes....Healthcare navigators are a good thing and most sensible people will welcome the assistance and having one person to deal with

Any Federal Data hub may have reams of information but access is segmented and based on need to know. Healthcare providers can access information that is relevant to their field, not criminal records, private finances Or tax returns

Of course RW these fear storys are getting ridiculous on here, I hate the mandate but to think goverment thugs are going to come over to a persons house because they smoke ect...ect... is just stupid. they need the dang records btw.

If you thought that it was frightening enough that the federal government was spying on you and had access to your personal information, get ready: Planned Parenthood is about to obtain access to your Social Security number, tax form, bank account, and medical records.

With the advent of ObamaCare, consumers buying health insurance through health care exchanges will be required to speak to “navigators.” “Navigators” are supposed to help consumers find the best coverage and ascertain whether they are eligible for a federal subsidy. Any “navigator” will have access to the federal data hub, which holds information from the Department of Health and Human Services, the IRS, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Defense Department, the Office of Personnel Management, the Veterans Health Administration, and the Peace Corps.
Planned Parenthood received $655,000 from the Obama administration to hire navigators.

In Iowa, Planned Parenthood of the Heartland received $214,427; in Montana, Intermountain Planned Parenthood, Inc. got $295,604; and in New Hampshire, Planned Parenthood of Northern New England raked in $145,161.And there is not much scrutiny over who these “navigators” will be; HHS will not require background checks or fingerprinting, and a previous criminal conviction, even if it was for identity theft , will not trigger a rejection. To make matters worse, the administration has cut the new employees’ training from 30 hours to 20 and reduced screening.

Thirteen state attorney generals wrote to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on August 14, blistering the idea. They said the Obama Administration had “failed to adequately protect the privacy” of American citizens. They added:
As it now stands, it is inevitable that HHS's vague 'standards' will result in improperly screened or inadequately trained personnel... Unscrupulous counselors who are not properly screened or supervised, will have easy means to commit identity theft on consumers seeking enrollment assistance.​
There have been incidents that lend credence to the fears conservatives, in particular, would have about this new revelation. The National Organization for Marriage discovered that its tax forms were leaked to a gay rights organization and actually printed on The Huffington Post by an IRS employee.​
Unacceptable.
I have no idea how or why planned parenthood would have need to My private information, but the moment they violate My privacy, I will bankrupt them.

Any government agency that uses obamacare as a pretense to violate My Constitutional right to privacy will face record lawsuits AND criminal charges.

Unacceptable.
I have no idea how or why planned parenthood would have need to My private information, but the moment they violate My privacy, I will bankrupt them.

Any government agency that uses obamacare as a pretense to violate My Constitutional right to privacy will face record lawsuits AND criminal charges.

Well congrats on being pregnant! happy for you!

Yes....Healthcare navigators are a good thing and most sensible people will welcome the assistance and having one person to deal with

Any Federal Data hub may have reams of information but access is segmented and based on need to know. Healthcare providers can access information that is relevant to their field, not criminal records, private finances Or tax returns

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Oh man......you kill me.

Thank God you aren't serious. Nobody could be that ignorant.

Unacceptable.

Don't read well, huh?

They have classes that can help.

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh man......you kill me.

Wow! what is in the water another pregnant girl on here! congradulations!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh man......you kill me.

Wow! what is in the water another pregnant girl on here! congradulations!!!!!!

Yeah I'm pregnant with a baby elephant. Wanna see it's trunk?

BTW "Congratulations" is spelled with a "t" dumbass.

Don't read well, huh?

They have classes that can help.

Again happy that you got knocked up... why would that apply to apply to me? I dont give a rats ass who knows about my SS# or non medical history.I dont go to the quacks... I dont get sick.

Unacceptable.

Another fine example of the damage OblammerCare will do in the coming months, and these F'ING idiots will defend it to their very last day...

Gonna be tough for a navigator to sign you up without your SSN, isn't it?

HHS Awards 67 Million in Navigator Grants to 105 Applicants - The Commonwealth Fund
In response to Black's charge that there would be no criminal background checks in the navigator program, an HHS official said background checks are not a statutory requirement but some organizations perform them and some states have laws requiring them for navigator programs. The official added that HHS may terminate grants for noncompliance, including fraud, waste, or criminal activity. Grantees have gone through a strict selection processs, the official added.

Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, deputy policy director at the CMS Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, said during the press briefing that HHS never said navigators would have 30 hours of training but rather that they would get up to that amount. She said there would be 20 hours of initial training and additional training later, thus explaining the department's statement that navigators would receive 20 to 30 hours of training.​

Good luck. You'll need it.

Oh, and did you see the bit in the OP about PP's history of fraud? True story!

GAO opens investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of taxpayer money | Fox News

Planned Parenthood Pays $4.3 Million in Fraud Settlement | Washington Free Beacon

Of course RW these fear storys are getting ridiculous on here, I hate the mandate but to think goverment thugs are going to come over to a persons house because they smoke ect...ect... is just stupid. they need the dang records btw.

So, you wouldn't mind giving your SSN to an organization that's committed fraud?

Hmmm....

Anti-abortionists like to claim that Roe v Wade was wrongly decided because it was based on a right to PRIVACY,

which they claim is not in the Constitution.

I guess now it is.

Last edited:

They're just going to have to accept it. So sorry.

HHS Awards 67 Million in Navigator Grants to 105 Applicants - The Commonwealth Fund
In response to Black's charge that there would be no criminal background checks in the navigator program, an HHS official said background checks are not a statutory requirement but some organizations perform them and some states have laws requiring them for navigator programs. The official added that HHS may terminate grants for noncompliance, including fraud, waste, or criminal activity. Grantees have gone through a strict selection processs, the official added.

Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, deputy policy director at the CMS Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, said during the press briefing that HHS never said navigators would have 30 hours of training but rather that they would get up to that amount. She said there would be 20 hours of initial training and additional training later, thus explaining the department's statement that navigators would receive 20 to 30 hours of training.​

GAO opens investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of taxpayer money | Fox News

Planned Parenthood Pays $4.3 Million in Fraud Settlement | Washington Free Beacon

Social Security numbers are routinely given with insurance and medical offices

Who cares if they have criminal background checks? They are just providing guidance on healthcare. Has your doctor had a background check?

How paranoid are you?

Hmmm....

Anti-abortionists like to claim that Roe v Wade was wrongly decided because it was based on a right to PRIVACY,

which they claim is not in the Constitution.

I guess now it is.
Shall we compare the numbers of involuntary, forced abortions to the number of identity thefts every year?

Let me guess: "No!!"

Social Security numbers are routinely given with insurance and medical offices

Who cares if they have criminal background checks? They are just providing guidance on healthcare. Has your doctor had a background check?

How paranoid are you?
I guess you missed the articles I posted showing PP in trouble for fraud.

Deliberately, I expect.

But that's okay. You just keep insisting that government is benevolent and has your best interests at heart and would never ever ever in a bazillion years do anything bad to people.

The rest of us will look at history and know better.

Forum List

Back