Port Unions non-negotiation tactics.

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
Port unions are refusing to show up to negotiate their future. How are they supposed to arrive to a compromise if they won't even show up? They are getting a 32% pay raise already, but they want more and a ban on automation.

So if you notice your cost of groceries and other stuff to double in price in the near future, better you know it is not the profiteering of some CEO, but some gigantic Union.

It is unions, not CEOs, making things more expensive for everyday Americans.

I will always stand with the workers vs the management, every time. Management generally hates the people they employ. But in this case the workers eed to sit down and negotiate.

The ban on automation is typical for Big Labor.

And that's the real reason for why employers have a problem with them. I used to belong to the grocery clerks union for a few months back in the 1980's, and the lead story was the union's fight against scanners and scanning technology which they lost. Nothing new in the labor rackets since the days of Ned Ludd, the first prominent union leader.

Why? Sometimes the workers are wrong. Usually, both sides are wrong. Most companies only consider what is good for the business while employees always only look at what is good for themselves. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.
As an employee one is supposed to look out for himself as the employer never does.

As an employee one is supposed to look out for himself as the employer never does.

Then maybe you should try being a business owner. I've been an employee and a business owner, so I tend to look at the total picture before I decide what is fair and what is not. I've seen businesses run into bankruptcy over employee demands.

Sometimes it is just better to look for a job elsewhere that can afford to pay you more.

Port unions are refusing to show up to negotiate their future. How are they supposed to arrive to a compromise if they won't even show up? They are getting a 32% pay raise already, but they want more and a ban on automation.

So if you notice your cost of groceries and other stuff to double in price in the near future, better you know it is not the profiteering of some CEO, but some gigantic Union.

It is unions, not CEOs, making things more expensive for everyday Americans.
we call it "the art of the dea.l"

Then maybe you should try being a business owner. I've been an employee and a business owner, so I tend to look at the total picture before I decide what is fair and what is not. I've seen businesses run into bankruptcy over employee demands.

Sometimes it is just better to look for a job elsewhere that can afford to pay you more.
Yep. Take the IAM who are striking against Boeing.

They are demanding a return to a specific type of pension and Boeing is saying that the 401k pensions are just fine. Why? In every case, a pension is forced to be funded ahead of the business itself and more and more costs arise from managing it. A 401k pension is managed by the employee and is better for both, imo.

I will always stand with the workers vs the management, every time. Management generally hates the people they employ. But in this case the workers eed to sit down and negotiate.
Management don't normally hate their employees, excluding Uber. They rely on employees to get the job done, and usually see them as extensions of their work family. Management tend to work more than they spend at home, and thus end up with better connections with employees than their own families.

Yep. Take the IAM who are striking against Boeing.

They are demanding a return to a specific type of pension and Boeing is saying that the 401k pensions are just fine. Why? In every case, a pension is forced to be funded ahead of the business itself and more and more costs arise from managing it. A 401k pension is managed by the employee and is better for both, imo.
With a 401k, it puts skin in the game. Maybe not in the business you work for, but in stocks for whatever business you invest in. Then you become the hated Stockholders the Democrats try to demonize.

Good workers are ready to walk off the job at any time for a better one, no notice.
There are penalties for doing no notice. Do you think your employer would be wiling to take a chance with you, if they know you're going to leave your ex-employer? Your reply is you won't tell them. Their answer is they will know based on how much notice they require you to give them before you start your first day of training.

Trump is scum.

Smart employers prefer to hire new staff whether than pay overtime every week. The only time you should pay overtime is for temporary increase of staffing levels. For permenant increases, paying overtime is stupid.

This is you, only thinking about yourself again. It is best for everyone if everyone thinks of what is good for everyone while trying to minimize hurting anyone. But you are selfish and don't do that, therefore you would make a horrible employer.

Smart employers prefer to hire new staff whether than pay overtime every week. The only time you should pay overtime is for temporary increase of staffing levels. For permenant increases, paying overtime is stupid.
WTF?

Hiring people to train them and get them up to speed.
Takes a LOT more $$$ than paying overtime.
Overtime isn't mandatory, except for salaried employees or managers who get ripped off working overtime, ALL the time.
This is you, only thinking about yourself again.
Not me, that would be your dear leader and the scummy foreigner.
It is best for everyone if everyone thinks of what is good for everyone while trying to minimize hurting anyone.
Sure, by replacing/firing your employees?
But you are selfish and don't do that, therefore you would make a horrible employer.
BS.
I was an employer, of a small business.
I paid overtime to people who volunteered for it when I was in crunch, even strapped on my tool belt to meet the demand, often working as a helper, getting the materials to keep my journeymen working, so they wouldn't waste time looking for stuff I got for them.

Imagine that, a boss helping their employees do manual labor.
Your dear leader or his foreign buddy would never steep to such depths.

Forum List

Back