Portland bar owner ordered to pay $400k to trannies he banned

a lot of dumb people in this country... Just think of all the hungry kids he could feed with that money...

well, there have been some motorcycle gangs banned from some...but that was AFTER they came in and tore the place apart.. it was a bar I went to in Denver, Colorado and they were the, Sons of Silence...
Nobody took up a collection for them....lol

I read the article, and the owners banned them because they were losing customers. They were losing customers because their bar was being called a GAY BAR. So the regular patrons stopped coming to the bar.

Now because of Civil Liberties violations they are FINED for trying to protect their business because it isn't fair to the trans......................

So they are already starting to lose money and now have to pay on top of that. If I owned a bar, I wouldn't want to known as the Gay Bar Owner either.

First, shut down the bar temporarily. Charter it under a MEMBERS ONLY CLUB via the local Gov't. Have people coming to the bar fill out a simple membership card, and then refuse any non members service.

Secondly, Refuse to pay the fine and file an Unlawful Seizure case with the Feds. Saying your Religion doesn't allow trans into your business. Stating that they are INFRINGING ON YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.

Which puts the courts in a pickle, as they don't have a crystal ball seeing your Religion.

I read the article, and the owners banned them because they were losing customers. They were losing customers because their bar was being called a GAY BAR. So the regular patrons stopped coming to the bar.

Now because of Civil Liberties violations they are FINED for trying to protect their business because it isn't fair to the trans......................

So they are already starting to lose money and now have to pay on top of that. If I owned a bar, I wouldn't want to known as the Gay Bar Owner either.

First, shut down the bar temporarily. Charter it under a MEMBERS ONLY CLUB via the local Gov't. Have people coming to the bar fill out a simple membership card, and then refuse any non members service.

Secondly, Refuse to pay the fine and file an Unlawful Seizure case with the Feds. Saying your Religion doesn't allow trans into your business. Stating that they are INFRINGING ON YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.

Which puts the courts in a pickle, as they don't have a crystal ball seeing your Religion.

This seems to be a problem that the bar owner allowed to happen. The reason why the T-Girls went there was because they were given special treatment. Had the bar owner not allowed that, these guys would have moved on. When the bartenders are nice and the bouncers walk them to their cars, there is reason to feel welcome. The bartender and bouncers should be replaced by ones not so accommodating then the problem would never have come up in the first place.

This seems to be a problem that the bar owner allowed to happen. The reason why the T-Girls went there was because they were given special treatment. Had the bar owner not allowed that, these guys would have moved on. When the bartenders are nice and the bouncers walk them to their cars, there is reason to feel welcome. The bartender and bouncers should be replaced by ones not so accommodating then the problem would never have come up in the first place.

So.....you are saying there is a way around the law? You are saying that since an entrepreneur cannot legally discriminate against LGBT people by overtly banning them from the establishment, the entrepreneur should find a way around the law and make them unwelcome?

Wait, isn't that like moving your business overseas to avoid a confiscatory tax schedule? Or like firing full-time employees and hiring part time replacements to avoid Obamacare expenses/fines?

There are almost always ways around these laws, which makes the laws ineffective despite their high cost.

A business owner should be able to refuse service to anyone they don't like. Period. If a racist bar owner doesn't want to serve people of any skin color, then they shouldn't have to...same with any other type of "orientation!"

Oh boo hoo, some stupid women didn't like it because they had to put the seat down before they sat on the loo? Get over it - don't they have husbands? Bet they are happy to put the seat down then.

Good stuff. If the bar owner was halfway intelligent he would have made a mint off the local gay population. Instead now he has to pay and either close down or continue to serve his gay customers. :lol:

Good idea.

If them people made the bar owner lose business, then to me, the bar owner should have sued them people.

God bless you and the owner always!!!

Holly

I know of no one who has ever been banned from a bar.

Really? Below are a very few....there's tens of thousands more.....

Shared banned list for bars considered

Shared banned list for bars considered - Prince Edward Island - CBC News

West Hollywood gay bar bans lawmakers deemed anti-gay

West Hollywood gay bar bans lawmakers deemed anti-gay - latimes.com

Using existing criminal trespass laws, the Police Department will make arrests in the event that trespassers return to the property. However, to prove trespass, it is sometimes necessary to issue a ban and bar notice to specific individuals. This proves that the individuals had notice that they could no longer return to the property, and provides documentation as to who witnessed the ban and bar being issued.

City of Omaha Police Department - ban n bar

Bar owner to pay $400,000 for banning transgender patrons | Local News | The Seattle Times

Special privileges. People get banned from bars all the time, but this is one reason you can't jdo it for thanks to the HIV positive brigade

I'd close the place, declare bankruptcy and open a bar under a different name and make it a private club. That means not open to the public.
Fuck 'em.
This is what we get with law and order liberalism.
Only on the Left Cost would we see such nonsense.
Fruits and nuts.

My thinking is these fucking weirdos who simply want to use the "other" rest room, won't see a dime.

Forum List

Back