Presented without comment...

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
...because nothing I can think of matches the stupidity of the people involved.

School officials in a Chicago suburb are not thrilled with a state law passed last year requiring schools to post a "no gun" sticker featuring an Image of a handgun with a red slash through it.
Guns were already not allowed in schools before the law was passed, and now some school officials are worried the Image on the warning sign might send the wrong message.
“One of my biggest concerns as a principal is safety and security,” Tinley Park High School Principal Theresa Nolan told the Southtown Star. “It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home.' ”
Nolan said she feared the Image could be misinterpreted.
“I think the general public will be alarmed by it and wonder if people have been allowed to bring guns to school in the past,” Nolan said. “I have no knowledge of guns ever being in this building,” she said of her 22 years with the school district.

Chicago-area school officials don't like 'no guns' stickers that picture guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

Maybe Nolan needs to retire.:cuckoo:

Maybe the state legislators who passed the law and the governor who signed it need to retire instead?

There are laws on the books all over the place that prohibit guns in schools and other places, yet we all know guns periodically end up in schools, often with horrifying results. So obviously the perps are ignoring the existing law, but the doornobs responsible for the new law requiring schools to display a 'no guns' sticker think potential perps will heed them?

It's another lefty feel good exercise that will do nothing but waste the time, energy, and precious resources of the schools.

Have signs like that here at the malls. Always makes me nervous since it's like a flashing sign saying, "Badguys, rob here, no one can stop you."

Maybe Nolan needs to retire.:cuckoo:

Maybe the state legislators who passed the law and the governor who signed it need to retire instead?

There are laws on the books all over the place that prohibit guns in schools and other places, yet we all know guns periodically end up in schools, often with horrifying results. So obviously the perps are ignoring the existing law, but the doornobs responsible for the new law requiring schools to display a 'no guns' sticker think potential perps will heed them?

It's another lefty feel good exercise that will do nothing but waste the time, energy, and precious resources of the schools.

The signs are designed to be understood by everyone, not just the people who know the law. We have similar signs for restrooms.

...because nothing I can think of matches the stupidity of the people involved.

School officials in a Chicago suburb are not thrilled with a state law passed last year requiring schools to post a "no gun" sticker featuring an Image of a handgun with a red slash through it.
Guns were already not allowed in schools before the law was passed, and now some school officials are worried the Image on the warning sign might send the wrong message.
“One of my biggest concerns as a principal is safety and security,” Tinley Park High School Principal Theresa Nolan told the Southtown Star. “It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home.' ”
Nolan said she feared the Image could be misinterpreted.
“I think the general public will be alarmed by it and wonder if people have been allowed to bring guns to school in the past,” Nolan said. “I have no knowledge of guns ever being in this building,” she said of her 22 years with the school district.

Chicago-area school officials don't like 'no guns' stickers that picture guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

The principal is as stupid as the ones requiring the stickers.

She should be worried that the idiot sticker would attract psychos instead of worrying what would people think about "as if guns were allowed in schools before"

Forum List

Back