Priest gets in trouble for teaching Catholic doctrine of extra ecclesia nulla salus.. baby killers are left alone

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
extra ecclesia nulla salus
is Latin for

There is no salvation outside the Church

I posted this elsewhere but thought I would post it here since it deals w/ the issue of No salvation outside the Catholic Church (which was not the issue I wanted to deal with in the other section of the forum)

A Fr. Feeney about 35 years ago taught people that there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church (something the Church always taught until the liberal popes came along) and got excommunicated. Nasty Pelousi and Joke Byedim call themselves that but as we know, they think killing helpless children is fine if you have a good enough reason, or even if you have no reason at all.

He was later exonerated without even trying to be (if I recall he didn't try to be). But still... I think it was YEARS before the Vatican got around to getting the ex-com lifted.

It is important to note that he was PUBLICLY excommunicated... formally

But the baby killers.... were left in peace (although no one can be at peace, really, when guilty of such horrific things)

Last edited:
The Virgin Mary appeared to someone and said that Rome will lose the faith

we see that has happened. Marxism is partly to blame.. but most liberalism. The popes began to focus on MAN and not God..

oh that's good... Let's all focus on sinful human beings... I know that will work out for civilization... it always has, hasn't it?

:rolleyes:

I read some things on Fr Feeney since posting this

He may very well have been wrong about No salvation outside the Church. He believed that one had to be baptized w/ water and the HS, which the Bible DOES proclaim but he denied that a mere desire (that is sincere) could be somewhat an equivalent for lack of a better word

but still... excommunication over THAT?

while Pelousi the baby killer ...

{...
The Latin phrase extra Ecclesiam nulla salus (meaning "outside the Church [there is] no salvation" or "no salvation outside the Church")[1][2] is a phrase referring to a Christian doctrine about who is to receive salvation.

The expression comes from the writings of Saint Cyprian of Carthage, a Christian bishop of the 3rd century. The phrase is an axiom often used as shorthand for the doctrine that the Church is necessary for salvation. It is a dogma in the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, in reference to their own communions. It is also held by many historic Protestant churches. However, Protestants, Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox each have a unique ecclesiological understanding of what constitutes 'the Church'. For some, the church is defined as "all those who will be saved", with no emphasis on the visible church.[1] For others, the theological basis for this doctrine is founded on the beliefs that Jesus Christ personally established the one Church, and that the Church serves as the means by which the graces won by Christ are communicated to believers.

Kallistos Ware, a Greek Eastern Orthodox bishop, has expressed this doctrine as follows:

"Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus. All the categorical strength and point of this aphorism lies in its tautology. Outside the Church there is no salvation, because salvation is the Church" (G. Florovsky, "Sobornost: the Catholicity of the Church", in The Church of God, p. 53). Does it therefore follow that anyone who is not visibly within the Church is necessarily damned? Of course not; still less does it follow that everyone who is visibly within the Church is necessarily saved. As Augustine wisely remarked: "How many sheep there are without, how many wolves within!" (Homilies on John, 45, 12) While there is no division between a "visible" and an "invisible Church", yet there may be members of the Church who are not visibly such, but whose membership is known to God alone. If anyone is saved, he must in some sense be a member of the Church; in what sense, we cannot always say.[3]
The 1992 Catechism of the Catholic Church explained this as "all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is His Body."[4] The Catholic Church also teaches that the doctrine does not mean that everyone who is not visibly within the Church is necessarily damned in case of inculpable ignorance.

Some of the most clear Catholic expressions of this dogma are: the profession of faith of Pope Innocent III (1208), the profession of faith of the Fourth Lateran Council (1215), the papal bull Unam sanctam of Pope Boniface VIII (1302), and the profession of faith of the Council of Florence (1442). The axiom "No salvation outside the Church" has been frequently repeated over the centuries in different terms by the ordinary magisterium, with the positive formulation of the dogma being laid out most recently in Lumen Gentium of the Second Vatican Council, as well as in the declaration of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Dominus Iesus, which was published under the direction of cardinal Ratzinger and approved by John Paul II, which restated the Catholic belief that the Catholic Church is "the one true Church".
...}

The church is obviously corrupt, has supported slavery, war, etc.

The Virgin Mary appeared to someone and said that Rome will lose the faith

we see that has happened. Marxism is partly to blame.. but most liberalism. The popes began to focus on MAN and not God..

oh that's good... Let's all focus on sinful human beings... I know that will work out for civilization... it always has, hasn't it?

:rolleyes:
I don't get your last comment at all. Jesus focused on Mankind while still worshipping his Father in Heaven. Should we not use the Lord's example and do the same do "do as he did?" Our goal is to assist God in changing the hearts and minds of mankind to love the Lord thy God. But, in order to do this, we have to teach mankind to love the Lord and why to do so, don't we?
Now, if you are saying that Popes began to desire to look good in the eyes of man, I'd agree with you on that. But, most Catholics I know are good people. They are doing something right. But, they should never support two things of Satan, Fascism and Communism. Unfortunately, they sometimes and often do while trying to be all things to all people.

{...
The Latin phrase extra Ecclesiam nulla salus (meaning "outside the Church [there is] no salvation" or "no salvation outside the Church")[1][2] is a phrase referring to a Christian doctrine about who is to receive salvation.

The expression comes from the writings of Saint Cyprian of Carthage, a Christian bishop of the 3rd century. The phrase is an axiom often used as shorthand for the doctrine that the Church is necessary for salvation. It is a dogma in the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, in reference to their own communions. It is also held by many historic Protestant churches. However, Protestants, Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox each have a unique ecclesiological understanding of what constitutes 'the Church'. For some, the church is defined as "all those who will be saved", with no emphasis on the visible church.[1] For others, the theological basis for this doctrine is founded on the beliefs that Jesus Christ personally established the one Church, and that the Church serves as the means by which the graces won by Christ are communicated to believers.

Kallistos Ware, a Greek Eastern Orthodox bishop, has expressed this doctrine as follows:

The 1992 Catechism of the Catholic Church explained this as "all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is His Body."[4] The Catholic Church also teaches that the doctrine does not mean that everyone who is not visibly within the Church is necessarily damned in case of inculpable ignorance.

Some of the most clear Catholic expressions of this dogma are: the profession of faith of Pope Innocent III (1208), the profession of faith of the Fourth Lateran Council (1215), the papal bull Unam sanctam of Pope Boniface VIII (1302), and the profession of faith of the Council of Florence (1442). The axiom "No salvation outside the Church" has been frequently repeated over the centuries in different terms by the ordinary magisterium, with the positive formulation of the dogma being laid out most recently in Lumen Gentium of the Second Vatican Council, as well as in the declaration of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Dominus Iesus, which was published under the direction of cardinal Ratzinger and approved by John Paul II, which restated the Catholic belief that the Catholic Church is "the one true Church".
...}

The church is obviously corrupt, has supported slavery, war, etc.
Any human - run institution is corrupt. So just stop already. You think Good Book Baptist down the street has perfect angels running it?

That said, there is this other point

A lot of Catholics, self included, do not accept any Catechism so called written after (about) 1962. I totally reject Vatican II. There may have been some good there but all I can see at this time is evil.. heresy galore.

So, I will read those Catholic documents you mentioned but at this time I believe the following:

That there absolutely IS NO salvation outside being a "visible" as you put it, member of the Church, the truly Catholic Church which is, objectively, the Catholic Society of St Pius X. Archbishop Lefebvre preserved the .. shall we call it.. "pre-Vatican II Church" That other one, the novus ordo "church" went off the rails after Vat II

Here is something based more on my own personal experiences in the Catholic Church than anything I have read or whatver: Some NO Churches (novus ordo, meaning the "regular" churches headed by bergoglio aka "Pope" Francis) are truly Catholic because their priests are truly Catholic. :)And yet even those churches are imperfect and there are serious problems therein because, as everyone knows, there are always bad apples anywhere humans gather.

there is evil in the SSPX also.. you cannot escape it, except by ditching the Church entirely, as some have done. I myself find myself in a strange place.. Catholic but.. feeling as though I have no real Church to belong to.. long, weird story (series of stories)

anyway... I will try to find those documents you list, the ones written b4 1962.. don't trust even JP II. I tend to think he was a liberal who became more conservative as the years went by, but that's just what I think at this time in my life. I feel I need to (and therefore will) study more, starting w/ those documents.. But my experiences and knowledge that I have at this time are important. Non Catholics can learn from such... if only they would listen but I have learned that most of them absolutely will not listen. They listen to their Protestant pastors RE Catholicism... and if he is wrong, they are wrong but a lot of them don't care..

:scared1:

Forum List

Back