Protestants do not follow the Bible, they pick and choose!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Protestants who love to put down the RCC and EO or Orthodox church about confession, and ignore Jesus

in Luke

Luke 5:14New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

14 Then he ordered him not to tell anyone, but “Go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed that will be proof for them.

Protestants have 0 to do with the story.

The reason Christ told the man to go to the Temple was two fold.
That man was Jewish, and had advanced leprosy. One of the prophecies concerning the Messiah was that He could cure Leprosy. The cured leper was a testimony to the Priests that their Messiah was indeed, Jesus. And the other, was to get a clean bill of health so that he could return to his family safely.
If you don't understand the Bible, why do you try to condemn it's followers based on the lack of understanding of your weapon of choice?

Last edited:
Protestants have 0 to do with the story. The reason Christ told the man to go to the Temple was two fold.
That man was Jewish, and had advanced leprosy. One of the prophecies concerning the Messiah was that He could cure Leprosy. The cured leper was a testimony to the Priests that their Messiah was indeed, Jesus. And the other, was to get a clean bill of health so that he could return to his family safely.
If you don't understand the Bible, why do you try to condemn it's followers based on the lack of understanding of your weapon of choice?

Possibly because of a lifetime of seeing them do the same with their weapon of choice?

If I wanted to take you down, I would surely be well informed as to the method I planned on using. Pen should have done her homework first. Protestants have nothing to do with Mosaic Law. We are under a new covenant.

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant ...
Now that we are under the new covenant, we are not under the penalty of the law.
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead ...

There Pen. ^ is why we don't adhere to Mosaic Law. Not because we pick and choose, but because we are not Jewish. The Law was not given to us, but to the Jews. We are under a new covenant.

If I wanted to take you down, I would surely be well informed as to the method I planned on using. Pen should have done her homework first. Protestants have nothing to do with Mosaic Law. We are under a new covenant.

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant ...
Now that we are under the new covenant, we are not under the penalty of the law.
But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead ...

There Pen. ^ is why we don't adhere to Mosaic Law. Not because we pick and choose, but because we are not Jewish. The Law was not given to us, but to the Jews. We are under a new covenant.

Do you believe in the Bible?

No. We believe in God! We do, however, believe the Bible to be God's inspired word a part of the Tradition of the Church. (II Thessalonians, 2:15) In fact, it was the Church which gave us the Bible as we know it today! (You didn't think it just fell from heaven as we have it, did you?)

http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/questions.html , RC's believe the same about the bible. Those are the original Churches.

Thank God we are, and like what the Orthodox says about the bible, is the same as the RC feelings about it. Now that you have your bibles you are lost to every ones interpretation of which has led to many cults, and different sects of Christianity. You pick and choose what you like and make verses say whatever you want. Everyone is now a free agent to interpretation. Protestants are lost, as shown by the end time prophecies all over the net.

We are under the gospel, even Jesus said that, before we even had a gospel. Do you know what Gospel means in Greek, Good news of military victory. Think on that. No bible for thousands of years, yet there was a Church,, go figure.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back